Community post

Discussion

Over 40 & TTC anyone in my boat???

View Full Post

Hi Everyone,

I am 44 this year and am TTC, I got married back in 2012 to my DH... We had a MC back in 2011.

I have 2 daughters for my previous married aged 20 & 16 with we love dearly.

I had been on the POP Cerazette/Cerelle for about 2 years and have hear so horror stories about not having AF etc...

Well I had been one of the lucky ones so far, I came off POP Jan 29th 2014 & O on the 13th.
Then on 15dpo AF came.

I guess I had mixed feelings as we are TTC but was still happy that we are in the game.

Anyone in the same boat?

Please share your stories

746 Replies • 10 years ago

Advertisement

Pregnancy test calculator

Use this calculator to help you decide when to take your first home pregnancy test.

331 - 340 of 746 Replies | Last Page

Good morning ladies. I was feeling really down because I just knew that I was pg I had all of the signs. I believe that I had a early miscarriage. I can tell you the day the symptoms stopped and AF showed right after. I always have cramps with AF and my bleeding is red. This time it was a deep rich color almost brown and I had no cramps. It was only heavy for one day the last two days it was very light in flow. Went to Dr's yesterday with my husband and found out that he has an enlarged heart and very high blood pressure. He has to go and see a urologist and on the 12th he is going for his SA. I am wondering if this is the reason why it has taken us almost 3 years to conceive.

<a href=

9 years ago

Beadhill, You have had such a bad month. I am sorry. Hopefully your husband will get good news from the doctor. Keeping you in my thoughts.

9 years ago

Beaedhill, I'm sorry. What the SA should tell you is the amount of swimmers and mobility of the swimmers. Like all the fertility tests they are pretty much factual. My dh has a 2 out of a 2-6 which means that his go in circles 3+ they are going to swim straight. 4+ they are Olympians!!!!

Merenda! Hope all is good! Have my fingers X and my toes x!

msdavis14, do what you want and feel comfortable with. I started with clomid, that's were my comfort level was, not where anyone else wanted me to be. I then moved to injectables because Clomid worked but I couldn't get pregnant, and I was comfortable. Now we are looking again, but I am comfortable. I don't want someone else to be in control of my body, I need to be ready for the steps we are taking.

BabyAngelG.... love the no vacancy sign!!!! Yup, we should all hang out the Occupied (do not disturb) and be happy!

Karlou, Sending you lots of luck!!!

Love and hugs to all!!!

Still waiting to hear back from insurance to see if they want to try IUI. Its a bit expensive and I'm not sure if they will want to pay right now.

Its been a looong week, a bit stressful. Finding out that my scores are good and that we needed to look at my dh more closely is a bit depressing. I've taken shots for 3 months and clomid for 4 months before that. I feel anxiety waiting for the insurance, kind of like waiting for AF. I've been thinking it's ME! Why would my younger dh have a problem? Then again, I try to think maybe its not meant to be (then I do a mental head slap), because I know that we have an baby out there with my tenacity and drive (obvious good looks (ok, joking)) and his determination and devotion that is waiting for us to get it all together!

9 years ago

The great Jax is that you are on the right road hunni I am sure your day will be here soon. xx

Took hpt this morning again gto see these now ... how is everyone else doing? xx

9 years ago • Post starter

Karlou, unit AF shows there is always hope that it will , yes, I am an optimist! .

9 years ago

Indeed you are lovely that is something special fair play hunni xx

Well hello ladies! Welcome MsDavis14 - I agree with Jaxx - do what YOU feel is comfortable. My best piece of advice is to have fun and don't stress! I'm choosing to believe that it IS going to happen, not IF. I think that plays an important role in our ttc.

Merenda - Ooohh have fun and hope to hear good news soon. I believe we are possible cycle buddies again.

Kcat24 - LOL - I applaud your resistance in keeping that finger from flying high. Hope this means good news for you this month? Please keep us posted!

beaedghill - I'm so sorry honey. I'm hoping you get some good news all around. Sounds like you need it. I will keep you in my prayers.

Jaxx6207 - I know all about mental head slaps...maybe that's why I keep getting so many headaches?! I stopped keeping track of my symptoms because I would just KNOW for certain I was pregnant then AF would should show and I would feel defeated once again. I'm trying to relax more and think positively.... believing that my body CAN and WILL do this! Can't hurt, right?

Karlou - I agree with Jaxx - nothing is for certain until AF shows. Thinking of you!

As for me... my bbt is all over the place. My opk said cd9/10, but bbt isn't reflecting my O. I have my countdown page out there for you to see, but it's getting a little frustrating trying to figure out the when. I think the Clomid is messing me up a little where that is concerned. Finished my last dose this cycle. We are going to keep every other day until I'm sure that O time has passed.

to all!

User Image

9 years ago

Thank you hunni...I am due either today or tomorrow which is 12-13 luteal phase which is normal for me but last month however my luteal phase was 14 days... so should deffo be here by Wednesday.

I just hope if Af is coming for a visit she would hurry up, its our 2nd wedding anniversary on Sunday and I have booked the bridal suite at a local hotel...really don't want to see her face then.

xx

Boo. AF. *sigh*

Me: 45, unexplained (but now ancient) Husband: 46 (perfect in every way) Married 21 years 1 daughter born 07/2011 after TTC for 12 years

9 years ago

Boo indeed babes lol I hate the waiting game xx

Early pregnancy symptoms by day past ovulation

What signs and symptoms are most common on each day past ovulation?

Advertisement

Pregnancy test statistics

Select your day past ovulation to see the statistics and to get an understanding of what result you can expect.

Select your day past ovulation
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo