Community post

Discussion

The EPO Experiment: Chapter 5

View Full Post

Hi ladies...

Since we filled 14 pages already, and I'm bored, I figured I would jump the gun and start the new thread! Hopefully the start of a new thread will brng in some new ladies to chat with our amazing group!

For those who are new, I think it's appropriate to give a little spiel:
EPO is supposed to help create more cm when taken from cycle days 1- Ov. Stop taking it from Ov until your next cycle, which we all hope to ride through with warmer temps, high high cervixes and a BFP, not to mention love and support.
Some folk switch to flax oil after Ov, but some of us just quit and hope for the best.

Also maybe a quick introduction for any new-comers and a refresher for everyone else?

My name is Joy
I'm ttc #1
Have been ttc for nearly 2 years
I've had 2 m/c's
My last pregnancy I got pg on my 1st cycle using EPO!
I am currently on cd31 of a 30-34 day cycle
Hoping for a bfp, but not feeling too optimistic
didnt try the epo this go around, but if af shows this week I plan on giving it another try!

Good luck ladies!
Here's to another chapter!

Joy

Daisypath Happy Birthday tickersDaisypath Happy Birthday tickers Lilypie First Birthday tickersDaisypath Happy Birthday tickers Lilypie Angel and Memorial tickers Lilypie Angel and Memorial tickers

289 Replies • 12 years ago

Advertisement

Pregnancy test calculator

Use this calculator to help you decide when to take your first home pregnancy test.

91 - 100 of 289 Replies | Last Page

Hi Joy.
Sorry I've been MIA. Been trying to relax and not make ttc so stressful. Not sure it's working though. I have read that you are upon your should be due date and how hard it's been on you. I am too going through that hard time. My due date is in a few weeks (April 1st) and it's been weighing on my mind and my heart. I guess I just needed to take a "time out" for a little while. It hasn't helped that I just had another birthday and the number is closer to 40 than I want it to be which means that there may be more difficulties in ttc and then i have to try to stay happy and not be too pushy so dh will want to bd and not feel so pressured and HOLY SH*t!!!! How can anyone relax who is tcc and hitting all of these marks that are so heavy on
our hearts and minds! It just plainly sucks.
Anyway, I guess I've just been so down ad out that I didn't want to bring anyone else down. I know that the other forum you have set up is for all of this, so sorry I have been MIA. I've been thinking about you and every other lady. I do hope that everyone is doing well.

so, that's where I have been. I do hope everyone else is doing well and I will be back in the forum now - with a happier attitude.

~Ayrian User Image User Image

12 years ago

Hey ladies

Sorry ive been away to. Been really busy.

Joy - good luck fx for you this tww. Hope you get that bfp this time. Seriously girl, you need some new friends. I was reading a post of your on the other thread. Cant believe you put up with people like that!

Aryian - ive missed you!!! Birthdays are depressing when ttc. So sorry your having a rough time with the due date coming. I hear you on how is anyone suppose to relax while ttc. Seriously! You are not bringing anyone down. If you need to vent go ahead. It certainly doesnt bother me.

Afm - im not going completely off caffeine this month. Ive tried the last few months and it hasnt made any difference. Ill drink it in moderation. so tired of ttc. I want a baby but I dont want to try anymore either. I guess I may have a problem, huh. Lol
Becca

Becca, age 29 ttc #1 for abt 1 year User Image

12 years ago

Hi ladies!

Becca - Thanks hun! LoL, MY friends arent so bad, it's dh's friends I usually gripe about on "confessions" lol! I think it's good that you are still having your caffine fix (limited amount of course) We cant cut out EVERYTHING to ttc... and we shouldnt have to! I totally agree with the being done with ttc, and just wanting to have a baby already. Ttc is torture, I just wanna be a mom, is that really so much to ask??

Ayrian - Aw sweetie I am sorry you are feeling so down! Becca's right, birthdays totally suck when ttc (Mine is coming up in May), and all these stupid dates that go by and make us feel so crappy, it just isnt fair. My baby#2's due date should have been this past weekend, and as if that wasnt bad enough in April I have the 4th, which is mine & dh's anniversary and the 2yr mark for ttc, then I have what should have been baby#1's 1st birthday, and instead I get to go to my friend's kids' 1st birthday. Then May of course is Mothers Day and my birthday.... grrrrr....

Glad you ladies are back!! I missed you!! lol!!

AFM - 5dpo today, nothing going on symptoms wise. Dh woke up to bd last night & now I am sore! lol!

Have had a busy week.... havent stopped going from Monday, and I am busy up until Tuesday of this coming week! Today is my only day "off" from needing to do anything. Think I might go for a soak in the tub and read my book. Super excited for Tuesday though, my Mom and Dad finally get home!! (My mom is like my best friend) They have been away since new years! SO excited!!

Hope everyone is doing good... hoping we get some bfps this month!
Joy

Daisypath Happy Birthday tickersDaisypath Happy Birthday tickers Lilypie First Birthday tickersDaisypath Happy Birthday tickers Lilypie Angel and Memorial tickers Lilypie Angel and Memorial tickers

12 years ago • Post starter

Hi girls,

My fever finally broke and I'm on the mend.

Ayrian~ I missed you! I'm sorry you have been feeling down and out. We're here for you during this delicate time. And don't worry about spreading a bad mood: I think the rest of us understand. Better to let it out than keep it to yourself.

Joy~ Sorry again that it's a hard time of year sweetheart. That's awesome your parents get back soon. A bath sounds like a perfect way to spend your time off. xo

Becca~ Yup, I agree that you need your own life, and that can include caffeine :) Overall you are a very healthy and mindful person, so a little indulgence now and then is totally fine. Those suggestions of what to avoid are for folks who don't know the meaning of moderation.

Laura, how are you doing lately?

To all you wonderful girls~ I know it will happen soon for each of you. You're all fantastic and caring people, and I wish each of you hope, love, fertility, and luck.
xoxoxo
Bee

User Image

12 years ago

Thanks for all the love, ladies. It's been a rough one but I'm making it thru.

Joy: so happy to hear that mom and pops are coming back in town. I know it's been hard for you not to have your mom around. I hope you all have some good bonding time when they return. yay for a bath. I've been wanting to take one of those for a while, but it's just not in my cards - always busy, always needed. :)

Becca: I raise my half caff coffee to you. It's good that you are taking control of you and realizing what you need/want. As with everything, in moderation - don't be so stressed about it. I have limited myself to a lot of thing while ttc (coffee, wine, chocolate) and although nutrition wise, I know I don't need it, a little here and there isn't going to hurt anything.

Bee: So happy you are feeling better. That must have been pretty rough and a little stressful having the flu and being preggers. I'm so happy you are on the up!

Well, ladies. Thank you again for letting me have some breathing room and still welcoming me back with open keyboards. :) I do hope everyone has a lovely Friday - because it is FRIDAY after all and we have all made it through one week of the new time change! Yay for us!

12 years ago

Hi ladies!

Bee thanks for asking. I'm doing ok. Good news-the soy/epo combo worked and I ovulated on cd27...a whole 45 day sooner than last time, so I'm currently 3dpo, only symptom is a very dull left ovary twinge, this time last cycle I already had horribly sore nipped for 2 days that lasted all the way until af came-glad that hasn't started yet-never had sore nipples before so it was a whole new experience!. This o was definatly stronger than any I've ever had. Bad news-hubby and I didn't do too well with bd timing. We bd 2 days before o and 1 day after my 2nd + opk-he was sick with a nasty stomach bug. But I will totally be using this combo again next cycle, ossibly increasing the soy a lil and taking it earlier. I found out a girl I work with is having fertility issues as well so its nice to have someone to talk to about all this amongst all the pregnant on the first try ladies around me!

Hope everyone is doing well; gotta get back to work!
-laura

User Image User Image ii

12 years ago

Hi ladies!

laura- Yay, glad your combo worked!! That is significantly better than last cycle! & Thats awesome that you have someone else near you who is ttc so you dont have to feel so along amungst all the preggo ladies

Ayrian - Thanks hun! I love your "with open keyboards" line! Made me giggle! We're always here for you, no matter how much space you need, how long you go offline, we will always be here waiting with open keyboards whenever you need us!

Bee - Thanks hun! You're so sweet! Glad you're finally feeling better!

AFM - 6dpo I believe, not much going on symptom wise; some funny rumblings/bubbly feeling? in my belly, but thats prob just gas, then lots of cm... keep thinking af has come early, and thats about it... I literally spend the entire day playing Mario Party 9.... such an awesome day

Joy

Hi Ladies

Hope everyone is having a good Sunday. I love you ladies and I appreciate all of your support. Ive decided to take a much needed break from ttc. Just need some time to regain the strength I need to continue down this road. probably just be gone a month or two. Ill check in now and again. Best of luck to you all. Hope life is good to all of you. Hope you all have bfps and healthy babies in the close future.

Becca

Becca, age 29 ttc #1 for abt 1 year User Image

12 years ago

Becca - I am sorry to hear you wont be chatting much, but I totally understand needing a break from ttc! We will miss you! I wish you all the best, take care!

Joy

Hi Friends.

Becca: Totally understand you taking a break. I do hope that it gives you the peace and relaxation you need. Hugs and hand squeezes. We will miss you.

Joy: Sounds like a relaxing day - playing games. :) Yay for rumbling tummies. FX that's it's the begining of your +!

Laura: Yay for an earlier O! Sounds like it's working!

AFM: I have no idea where I am in the cycle. I'm baffled at my bbt chart. There is a chance that I could have O'd on day 13 or day 16. Either way, I don't see me having much of a chance of getting a bfp this cycle. I was trying not to make it such a stress for Dh so we could bd and have a "fun" time at it, but he was never in the mood when the time came. I did my best not to get upset cause it would have made the situation worse. I'm just a little pissed and irritated at him for his lack of trying - his words say one thing his body and actions say another. UGH. For the love - why can't I just get pregnant by taking a pill - Damn SPerm.

12 years ago

Early pregnancy symptoms by day past ovulation

What signs and symptoms are most common on each day past ovulation?

Advertisement

Pregnancy test statistics

Select your day past ovulation to see the statistics and to get an understanding of what result you can expect.

Select your day past ovulation
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo