Community post

Discussion

The EPO Experiment: Chapter 5

View Full Post

Hi ladies...

Since we filled 14 pages already, and I'm bored, I figured I would jump the gun and start the new thread! Hopefully the start of a new thread will brng in some new ladies to chat with our amazing group!

For those who are new, I think it's appropriate to give a little spiel:
EPO is supposed to help create more cm when taken from cycle days 1- Ov. Stop taking it from Ov until your next cycle, which we all hope to ride through with warmer temps, high high cervixes and a BFP, not to mention love and support.
Some folk switch to flax oil after Ov, but some of us just quit and hope for the best.

Also maybe a quick introduction for any new-comers and a refresher for everyone else?

My name is Joy
I'm ttc #1
Have been ttc for nearly 2 years
I've had 2 m/c's
My last pregnancy I got pg on my 1st cycle using EPO!
I am currently on cd31 of a 30-34 day cycle
Hoping for a bfp, but not feeling too optimistic
didnt try the epo this go around, but if af shows this week I plan on giving it another try!

Good luck ladies!
Here's to another chapter!

Joy

Daisypath Happy Birthday tickersDaisypath Happy Birthday tickers Lilypie First Birthday tickersDaisypath Happy Birthday tickers Lilypie Angel and Memorial tickers Lilypie Angel and Memorial tickers

289 Replies • 12 years ago

Advertisement

Pregnancy test calculator

Use this calculator to help you decide when to take your first home pregnancy test.

181 - 190 of 289 Replies | Last Page

Hi ladies

Just wondering any of you who take epo, do any of u also take soy isoflavones?

Just trying to work out if u can take them together?

Thanks!!

Lilypie Trying to Conceive Event tickers

12 years ago

Hi ladies!

Katie - I never took the SI's with the EPO, so not sure. Sorry I'm no help! lol

AFM - Went to the gym today, then out shopping with my Mom. Now I am just at home doing laundry. Nothing exciting to report.

Joy

Daisypath Happy Birthday tickersDaisypath Happy Birthday tickers Lilypie First Birthday tickersDaisypath Happy Birthday tickers Lilypie Angel and Memorial tickers Lilypie Angel and Memorial tickers

12 years ago • Post starter

Sorry Krunchie (Katie?)~

I did a little research just now and it looks like it's fine to take them together, but EPO may change the Soy dosage. That's the best I could come up with... I took EPO but not S/I.

I feel like there was someone around here taking both. Hopefully you will get a straight answer soon.
xo Bee

User Image

12 years ago

Krunchie: I haven't found any reason why you can't take them both. Good luck, friend!

AFm: It was a lovely spring day today - a balmy 70 degree F. I couldn't have been happier. Yesterday was also beautiful day and a very fun Easter. Well, it's bding week for us. Ewcm started to show tonight so we will be getting busy!

~Ayrian User Image User Image

12 years ago

Krunchie--I took them together, it greatly improved my O date (had just finished an 86 day cycle w/ ovulation on day 72), the cycle I took the combo, I ovulated on cd 27 and it definatly felt like a much stonger ovulation then any ive ever felt before. I did not end up with a bfp, but that is mostly our fault as we did get to bd at the right times due to sickness/work schedules. We are taking a break this cycle so I will not be using it again this time around. Hope it works for you!!

User Image User Image ii

12 years ago

Hi ladies!

lmosier - How have you been sweetie?

Ayrian - Yay, happy bding!! Hope you catch that eggie this cycle!!

Bee - How are you feeling hun?

AFM - Nausea is in full force the past few days, prior to Sunday I felt great with just a few bouts of nausea throughout the day, now it's kida reversed, the nausea is here most of the day with a few "bouts" of feeling good! lol! I'll take it happily though, hopefully it means all is well with my little bean. 8 more days till my next apt...

Joy

12 years ago • Post starter

Hi Ladies

Wow looks like this has been a successful thread for bfps. Congrats to all the preggo ladies. I have been reading the thread now and then so I kinda know whats up.

Aryian - good luck with the bd. Hope you catch that egg!

Joy - Yay for nausea! That bean must be settling in for a long 9 months.

Bee - How are you? Hope everything is going great!

AFM - Sorry this is going to be long. Very confused. I don't know if I have an overactive imagination or what, but it seems to me that something is not right. So I tested at 11 dpo this last cycle and bfn. I didn't test at all after that cuz I just figured I wasn't preggo. We weren't ttc, but we weren't preventing either. So last month af came on cd 26. It usually on average comes on cd 27. This month I hit cd 30 and halfway thru the day I decided I would go get a test. Then I started to spot red so I figured af had come. I barely bled the rest of the day, but I started to get horrible cramps. I took lots of Motrin which usually makes the pain disappear, but this time I could still feel the cramps. The next morning I got up and the cramps had gotten a lot better. Went to the bathroom (TMI Alert) took out the tampon, wiped, and a flap of what looked kinda like see - thru skin came out. I know this sounds bizarre, but its true. I don't think it was a blood clot cuz it wasn't dark red or purple. It was white and clear with pink blood and ewcm on it. Tmi - I tried pulling on it just to see how strong it was and it didn't rip. It was very strong material. The length was the same as if you put 2 quarters side by side. Thats fairly large when you are passing it out of that area. This is what I'm thinking and tell me if you have another idea. I'm thinking that it was some thick uterine lining that I shed. Possibly it got thicker becuz I was pregnant for a short time. After that I have had a super light period. I read that after a chemical you usually have a light period right then and a heavy period after the next cycle. So this is the point of my story. I'm wondering if I had a chemical pregnancy. The creepy thing is that this exact same thing happened 3 cycles ago. I passed a huge flap of what looked like uterine lining and it was extremely painful. I shrugged it off then cuz I had taken epo and I thought maybe that was why, but this month I didn't take anything. What the heck is going on with me? I know, I know, I should go see a gyno or something and I probably will, but I'm just wondering what you ladies think. Have any of you had this happen at the beginning of af? Is this normal and just happens sometimes? I don't ever remember having this happen before I was ttc, but I wasn't paying real close attention either. Tell me what you think ladies. Sorry is this is too much tmi. I'm just worried that I'm having chemicals without even knowing it. If thats the case I need to go to a fertility clinic and get this straightened out. Thanks ladies. So glad I have you to talk to about this stuff. Don't feel comfortable sharing this with other people for obvious reasons. I actually feel really embarrassed posting this, but I really want to know if any of you have had this happen.
Becca

Becca, age 29 ttc #1 for abt 1 year User Image

12 years ago

Hi me again
Maybe my previous post is complete and utter nonsense. I don't know. Perhaps I have gone crazy . . . very possible . . . I am not offended if you think so. Maybe I'm reading into all of this way too much and all of this is normal. I think trying to come up with a solution as to why I'm not pregnant yet is my way of coping with my sadness about not being pregnant. I'm sorry if my craziness is bothering the rest of you. Just want to be preggo and I really believe it will happen for me. Maybe I'll just have to wait a little longer for it than I planned. Sorry again if I bothered anyone. Hope everyone is having a great day.

12 years ago

Becca~ Holy smokes, that sounds strange! I would also feel crazy if I were in your position... but you're not ;)

1. I don't think this is something you would have had previously and just 'not noticed' because you weren't yet ttc. This sounds new.
2. I'm glad you can compare two cycles so that when you (inevitably, I would think) ask a professional about it, you can say 'Here were the constants, and here were the differences between the cycles'. Very helpful.
3. I am pretty sure I had a chemical once last year, and some strange stuff came out of me too, although not quite the same: [do I even have to warn TMI?] My af was two days late, and I was thinking it was stress related. I was shopping with a friend and got a woozy feeling. I went to the bathroom in the store and this goosh of clear-matrix-goo came out. It looked like intricate webbing or the stuff galaxies might form in! Anyway, I felt like passing out, and then I had a light period. Point of story: I'm not sure... just sharing a similar experience.
4. I'm concerned with you losing actual flesh.
5. Don't feel ashamed or crazy or like you're imposing. I secretly love the tmi stuff! It's so real! This is the place to share your feelings about it. As you know, the next step is speaking to a doctor.
6. I don't know why I made this a numeric list format, so I'll end it here with big love and hugs.

Afm,
Overall I'm feeling pretty good ladies, thanks for asking :)
I have a serious burning/tearing pain in the center of my pubic bone, which I have discovered is a form of ligament stretching. It hurts to roll over in bed or put on socks (lifting a leg while bending). It's so weird! So I have been fairly inactive lately, which is frustrating because I get a little cagey without a certain amount of exercise.
Otherwise, lots of baby kicks continue. One today felt like a flying drop kick. I think it's a soccer player and martial artist already :)
I'm going to a potluck tonight, so I'm excited about food and socializing. My favorite combo!
I'll check back later,
love Bee

User Image

12 years ago

Bee - Thank you so so much for your feedback. I feel a lot better now that I posted it and got it off my chest. Loved your bullet points lol! You certainly cheered me up. Ive been talking to dh and we both agree I should make an appointment soon with a fertility clinic. I want to talk to a doctor about all of this and find out what my options are. I highly suspect I had a chemical pregnancy but of course ill never know for sure.
Im really excited and happy for you Bee. The ligament streching sounds awful, ouch! Baby kicks sound like so much fun. So happy for you girl! Hope your having a wonderful night!
Becca

12 years ago

Early pregnancy symptoms by day past ovulation

What signs and symptoms are most common on each day past ovulation?

Advertisement

Pregnancy test statistics

Select your day past ovulation to see the statistics and to get an understanding of what result you can expect.

Select your day past ovulation
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo