Community post

Discussion

BYOB: Baby Dance & Maternity Pants

Hi all!

I have been on this site for what feels like forever (2yrs+) The BYOB threads have always been a great place for ladies to come for ttc support, answers, suggestions & even venting our frustrations! We used to have a hard time keeping up with all the chatter & made some great friends on here! I would love for it to be that again!

Former BYOB ladies & all newcomers welcome to join us! Cant wait to chat with you all!!

I will start things off with an intro...

My name is Joy
Dh & I are both 30
I'm Canadian
Was married in 2009
I started ttc in April 2010
Got my 1st bfp in August 2010 & m/c'd naturally at 8 weeks
Got my 2nd bfp in late June 2011 & had a missed m/c at 11 weeks (baby died at 8)
Many complications followed - including a nearly 3 week hospital stay
Got my 3rd bfp on March 21st 2012 - finally success! Delivered my beautiful baby boy on Dec 4th
We have been ntnp since he was born as we want our kids fairly close together and worried it would take us another 2 years to successfully conceive again.
Not the case! I got my bfp on July 8th!!
I am currently 5 Weeks 4 fays pregnant, due March 13th 2014!

Cant wait to chat with you all!
xx Joy

Daisypath Happy Birthday tickersDaisypath Happy Birthday tickers Lilypie First Birthday tickersDaisypath Happy Birthday tickers Lilypie Angel and Memorial tickers Lilypie Angel and Memorial tickers

14 Replies • 10 years ago

Advertisement

Pregnancy test calculator

Use this calculator to help you decide when to take your first home pregnancy test.

1 - 10 of 14 Replies | Last Page

Heya ladies!

I am Kat
I have actually been on this site for ... almost 3 years, been with the BYOB ladies for 2+ years like Joy.
I am 26, turn 27 in a week, and dh is 30
We started ttc around January of 2011 and were very, very lucky to conceive quickly and without complication
Dd is 19 months old, will turn 2 on December 3rd, right around the time we are expecting baby #2 ... again, conceived with the help, love, and support of the BYOB ladies while here on the forum. Luckily I remembered to tell dh BEFORE I told you ladies, unlike last time :) Baby #2 is due approximately December 8th or 9th, but I would be happy for the baby to come early so my kids can share a birthday. I am very, very eager to find out the sex of this baby ... really to meet the baby period. A friend of mine recently gave birth so I am beyond jealous to see her hold her ds while I still am going through the pregnancy hoopla. Been feeling fluttering for awhile now, now daily little "polite" kicks from lo and just excited to start over again.

Dh and I are in the very, very long process of trying to secure financing for us to purchase a house big enough for a family of 4. I really thought that we would be a little bit closer by now than we are, but I am just hopeful that something pans out soon and we can make an offer on a house that we have had our eye on for months now.

Joy - "Baby Dance and Maternity Pants" ... love it .. !! Does anyone read those but us? I use to take great time and care picking out those titles on CMP :)

Lots of to all of you wonderful ladies!

Kat  Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker  BabyFruit Ticker  BabyFetus Ticker

10 years ago

Hey guys,
I am Suzanne, 37 (!) years old, Dutch and living in Amsterdam, The Netherlands, Europe. Joined Joy and Kat 2 years ago on the BYOB thread for about a year. MIA for about a year and now back to chat with you all.

DD is now 11 months already and trying for baby nr 2....

User Image Lilypie Second Birthday tickers Lilypie Angel and Memorial tickers

10 years ago

Joy, we'll be flying on Calgary, then drive to Canmore and staying for a couple of days. Through the national parks up to Jasper than to Edmonton. The boys will go to beer alley lane and my friend and I can go shopping! She's pg for the first time (just 7 weeks now), can't wait to go shopping with her! From Edmonton back to Lacombe for a wedding and than back to Calgary to fly home.

when we get back we'll have a couple of days to arrange dd's birthday which is August 17th.

Last time we were in Alberta it was -40 (!) and I am really hoping on a warm hot summer as I was promised....

10 years ago

Hi ladies!

My name is Allison.
I'm 27 years old, DH is 27 too
We live outside of Boston
We have a beautiful daughter who was born April 11 last year and is 15 months already!
I was on BYOB 2 years ago and I'm back again trying for #2
Just had a chemical pregnancy last cycle
I have PCOS and hypothyroid and a host of other health issues which aren't fun for TTC
I'm currently 6dpo-ish maybe up to 8

I talk everyday to 4 of my girls from our CMP group for April due date. It's amazing how TTC, pregnancy, birth, and raising children can bring people so close together.

We are moving out of our current townhouse in August, and should be moving into a 3 bedroom home single family, pending the inspection! busy busy busy.

Joy: I'm still so excited you got your BFP! makes me smile :)

Kat: make sure to spoil DD as much as possible and get all your one on one time in before #2 arrives! -- and I hear you about getting a bigger home for a 4 person family. no fun with all the work involved!

Allison User Image

10 years ago

Hi ladies!

Allison - thanks hun :) yay for being 6-8dpi! Fx for you!!

Susy - Ooo sounds like fun! Well it should be nicer weather for you this time atleast. :)

Kat - lol I knew if anyone would appreciate the thought that goes into the thread name it would be you! After so many threads its hard not to douplicate! Especially when ya do the cmp ones too!! Lol
I love the "polite" kicks!! Hehehe! Can't wait till I can feel my lo kicking me again!

Afm - crazy week this week!! So much to do... renovations to do house to organize, and preferably before dh comes off paternity leave at the end of August.

Xx Joy

Daisypath Happy Birthday tickersDaisypath Happy Birthday tickers Lilypie First Birthday tickersDaisypath Happy Birthday tickers Lilypie Angel and Memorial tickers Lilypie Angel and Memorial tickers

10 years ago • Post starter

Hi Ladies,

My name is Aisha.
I've also been on the BYOB for 2+ years.

I haven't been on for a few months and probably won't be for a while after this post. Just wanted to let you all know where I went!

Long story short, my ds is 18 months old and I'm still breastfeeding. Between breastfeeding and already having a high metabolism, I'm about 25 pounds underweight right now and so AF is MIA. I just saw my OB and she thinks it will probably take up to 6 months after I wean ds for my weight to get up and AF to return. He is definitely not ready to be weaned, so ttc will have to wait.

To make matters more complicated, I had a back injury a few months ago. Being pregnant now could cause more damage to my spine so I have to wait several more months for that to heal completely before I can ttc.

And we are building a house right now so around this time next year we will be moving. I'm very excited about that, but I don't think I can handle moving and doing all I need to do to custom build while pregnant and chasing a toddler.

And, last October my dh had a small heart attack. He really wants to wait til this coming October to get a clean bill of health from his doctor before we have more kids.

I had hoped to ntnp until ds was 2, but now with EVERYTHING going on it seems apparent that we will have to prevent for another year (of course without af there isn't much to worry about for now).

I was very discouraged at first by all of this. But now I've accepted with ALL these things working against me, it just obviously isn't the right time for our family.

So, God willing, I will be back next year!

Congrats to all the preggos and good luck to all ttc!

Much love!

User Image User Image User Image

10 years ago

Ladies! I got my BFP last night at 11dpo!!! April 2 due date!! Yahoo!

Allison User Image

10 years ago

OMG Allison! Super congrats! Hoping you a happy and healthy 9 months :)

Kat  Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker  BabyFruit Ticker  BabyFetus Ticker

10 years ago

Alli - ahhhhhhhh!! sweetie!!! So exciting! We're due just 3 weeks apart! I wish you a very Come join me on the cmp byob site (its lonely and quiet over there these days!! Lol) xx so happy for you!!

Xx Joy

10 years ago • Post starter

Allison, what a fantastic news! congratulations!

10 years ago

Last page

Early pregnancy symptoms by day past ovulation

What signs and symptoms are most common on each day past ovulation?

Advertisement

Pregnancy test statistics

Select your day past ovulation to see the statistics and to get an understanding of what result you can expect.

Select your day past ovulation
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo