Community post

Discussion

Looking for ladies in their 40's TTC

View Full Post

Hello :)
I was wondering if they are any ladies out there in their 40's ttc. Please add me as a friend and we can support each other along the way.
I'm trying for another child but have had a few losses along the way but not ready to give up just yet, not while I know they're still some eggs just waiting to be caught!
and to every single one of you out there!

583 Replies • 9 years ago

Advertisement

Pregnancy test calculator

Use this calculator to help you decide when to take your first home pregnancy test.

111 - 120 of 583 Replies | Last Page

jayney13 are you temping at all... 18 days of elevated bbts are a good sign. But as they say you're not out until AF arrives so fingers crossed for you.

9 years ago

Hello everyone, im hitting big 4-0 in 6 months. TTC1. Married for 15 months ., will be first for both of me and husband. This forum strengthen my hope.the first time to see a OBGYN, she said IVF asap coz of my age.... Im am not thrilled about the idea.
Congratulation ctymom.... Baby dust to everyone!

9 years ago

Hello ladies and happy Monday. I'm 40, have 3 children from previous marriage. My new DH doesn't have any. He is 42. We got pregnant on our first try last month but ended up being a CP. My doctor gave me a green light to try again and told us we had a 50/50 chance. He also said he had a 43 yr old that wasn't even trying and got pregnant and doing great! so guess what we are pregnant! I have been testing like everyday since 10 DPO and the line is brighter and brighter. Trying to be very careful and have my first doctor appointment in the A.M. Hoping you all get your

9 years ago

Ctymom & ChickRay - Welcome! Thank you so much for posting here to let us know the great news. It does give us hope to hear that it IS possible! & .

Jayney13- welcome also! It sounds like you may be getting a soon. That is a long cycle. I would wait a few days and test again.

Dawniem - how are you doing hon?

Mayer51313 - welcome! Have you thought about getting a second opinion? Just remember whatever you decide it should be up to YOU. If you aren't comfortable with IVF then don't do it. I realize it's hard because we feel our time is limited, but there have been plenty of BFP's lately with women in their 40's. Know that no matter what you do you have support here.

Hope everyone is doing well! I'm always excited to hear any news. It helps me know that I'm not alone when no one around me knows I'm ttc. Currently I'm all over the place with my bbt. My opk said I ovulated on cd9/10, but my temps aren't reflecting it's happened yet. I have my chart out on my countdown page. Until I am sure that O has passed, dh and I are every other day. Hoping this is our month!

User Image

9 years ago

Hi Jayney, keep trying and fingers crossed one day you'll get your . I don't know why your period hasn't come but I guess whilst the witch is away there's always a good chance that a baby will come to stay! That's my lovely phrase for the day and I quite like it.

Mayer hi, I don't know why the Dr said to go for IVF asap because of your age, that's ridiculous to me because you're not even 40 yet and tons of women go on to have even 2 more babies at that age. 39 is still young! It's up to you but I think at that age you should be given the opportunity to do it naturally first. If on the other hand there are issues then by all means , you have to do what you need to do for a baby at the end of the day. Keep us informed and don't get disheartened, it will happen one way or the other for you. .

Many many ChickRay and . Thanks for sharing with us and giving us renewed hope like cytmom. Hope you're both doing great.

BabyAngelG, I've emailed you!

9 years ago • Post starter

Thanks everyone! I'm still adjusting to the idea. I have to admit, I'm still nervous as heck and everytime I go to the bathroom, I'm nervous I might see spotting or something. I wont be calm I guess until I have an ultrasound and levels checked I guess. Doctors have a tendency of scaring you to death with stats even though I have read of soooo many women having healthy babies well into their 40s!

I do have to say, I'm exhausted and I have a feeling the pregnancy in general will be rough as it was with my daughter at age 35. But we share see. I'm just praying he or she is healthy.

I wish everyone the absolute best!!

9 years ago

I don't think a baby is on the cards for me. I was upset to learn at 43 my AMH is low - 2.3. The minimum should be 2.7.

Today I had the ultrasound and my follicle count is also low.

I don't think I've even ovulated the past three months.

Want to cry.

9 years ago

So sorry you've had some not so good news SydneyNat - how long have you been ttc?

BabyAngel - i'm fine I guess. My cycles have been all over the place - I am hypothyroid and my dr lowered my dose because he said my recent blood work looked like I was overprescribed - but since then I've had an 18 day cycle with spotting all through it, today I am on CD19 and haven't had a positive OPK and none of my usual ovulation symptoms.

I am looking into having more specific bloodwork done to look at my thyroid and adrenal glands because I just feel something isn't right - your thyroid is ultimately controlled by your pituitary gland, which guess what also controls your sex hormones... so... we'll see how we go. At the moment I would just like to feel back to normal.

to everyone xx

9 years ago

Hello Ladies,

Welcome all the new ladies and thanks for sharing with us! Big congratulations ctymom!

I have been keeping quiet as 1) I am still away on holidays 2) I've had a bit of a scare a day before we left - had some spotting in the morning and spent half a day in the hospital waiting for the scan to see what's up.
That was scary enough, but then it got even more confusing as she couldn't quite see the baby or anything in the sac :( I was 6 weeks 4 days at the time but she said it happens and ideally I should come a few days later for another scan. But, obviously, I couldn't as we were leaving the following day. So it's been 2 weeks since then and I have one more week to go before I can go back for another scan :(
She insisted I took out travel health insurance which really quite freaked me out but so far so good, no spotting, boobs still sore, knackered... Just hate being stuck in this limbo...
So we decided not to tell anyone yet, although it gets pretty tedious to keep refusing wine and coffee and all that cheese and fois gras (we're in France with my partner's parents)

So, here I am girls. It just can't be easy, can it?

Hope everyone is doing great and gets good news soon!

9 years ago

sorry to hear it's been so stressful babybean.

If it's any comfort I had very very bad spotting with my daughter at 8 weeks - like red blood - i was out on a day trip in the blazing summer heat and I really thought I was losing the baby. I had a scan a couple of days later (it was of course the weekend when it all happened) - and everything was fine in the end.

So stay calm and you will have a lovely scan to show for it very soon.
xx

9 years ago

Early pregnancy symptoms by day past ovulation

What signs and symptoms are most common on each day past ovulation?

Advertisement

Pregnancy test statistics

Select your day past ovulation to see the statistics and to get an understanding of what result you can expect.

Select your day past ovulation
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo