Community post

Discussion

Looking for ladies in their 40's TTC

View Full Post

Hello :)
I was wondering if they are any ladies out there in their 40's ttc. Please add me as a friend and we can support each other along the way.
I'm trying for another child but have had a few losses along the way but not ready to give up just yet, not while I know they're still some eggs just waiting to be caught!
and to every single one of you out there!

583 Replies • 9 years ago

Advertisement

Pregnancy test calculator

Use this calculator to help you decide when to take your first home pregnancy test.

311 - 320 of 583 Replies | Last Page

Hi all . Hope everyone is doing well!

eat2nourish - I feel great now, although I've had entirely too many headaches as of late. I swear it's the progesterone!! I am anxious to test, but think I'll wait until Sunday (13dpo).... I probably could on Sat. LOL We'll see. Will you be ready to test on Sunday too? I think you'll be 10dpo? Does Lupus run in your family? I guess I was curious why you were testing for that specifically. My grandma had Lupus so I suppose there's a chance I could have it too. She was also a twin and I hear that skips a generation so... maybe I'll get lucky with a twin BFP?! Or so my dh wants....

SydneyNat - Great news! I really do hope this is your month! Ok so I had Popeye 'I eats me Spinach' going throught the brain at your comment. Silly girl! LOL

wishingwewere4 - Congrats on your BFP!! Wow that is so exciting! Wishing you a sticky bean and !!

Karamyl - Congratulations to you also! Sending you and !! Ok cycle buddy rub some of that on me and eat2nourish!!

Busterdogs - Dr. Sunshine sure has a wonderful bedside manner doesn't she? That just kills me. I mean seriously... didn't you want to just b** slap her?! Sorry, tried to keep it clean, but is there really any other term for that? LOL I hope and pray that both babies are healthy and that you have a fabulous pregnancy! Oh the anticipation!

Currently I'm 10dpo and waiting to test.... with cautious optimism. My dh and I are so anxious to test and I'll be amazed if I don't test on Saturday! I really... I mean REALLY want a BFP for my ob/gyn consult 1 week from today!

Much and to you ladies!

User Image

9 years ago

SydneyNat, Yaaaay for ovulation! Have fun bding. Thanks for the gift to acupuncturist idea. If I get a BFP I'm going to buy mine one, too.

Wishingwewere4, & !! Thanks for taking the time to encourage us.

Angelgirldel, glad we are on the same cycle. Hope this one works well for you! xx

Karamyl, & !! That's amazing that you were able to hold out until 12 dpo. that FR is definitely a positive. Stay positive!! Feed you mind, body and soul all that is positive & do things you love. Btw, those are great statistics for BFP in 10 mos.

Busterdogs, you're not the only one who didn't/still don't know much about the female body. I wish I would have learned a lot more before I did 2 IVF cycles. . You still have time to learn about the wonders of having TWO babies now!! Two heartbeats...how sweet. Guess what, 50% of pregnancies DO make it past 20 months & someone has to be in that 50% so it CAN be you .

Onemorebaby, that's still so good that your sister decided to donate eggs. A friend told me her SIL had to do that & they mixed the SIL eggs up with the her sister's so they couldn't tell which really took. =) I'm so happy you have a great option .

9 years ago

BabyAngelG, looks like we were both responding at the same time so I didn't see your post until now. I'm sorry about your headaches. Lol...we'll see how long you can wait to test, but I'll beat you there . I have a stack of internet cheapies, so will prob be testing daily. My older sister was treated for "possible lupus" with hydroxychloroquin & steroids for 10 months & 2 of my younger sisters had pain in all their joints when pregnant, but were not very good at keeping up with dr's appointments. The latter 2 were young with their first pregnancies. My older sister said she was told if she ever got pregnant (she ended up adopting) she would need steroids to prevent her body from rejecting the baby. Maybe you will have twins!! That would be awesome, just get your dh to sign up for all the extra duties now while he is still relatively well-rested. xx

9 years ago

I'm not sure how helpful I'm being by posting this comment, but I feel really ripped off by makers of at home kits.

Apparently my LH surge is super high and I'm definitely positively ovulating according to my blood test.

Just for fun I got out one of my Clearblue digital ovulation predictor sticks and it said I'm not ovulating.

I called the nurse at the clinic and she said I absolutely AM ovulating, the blood doesn't lie.

That kit cost me $70!

9 years ago

eat2nourish - I'm not going to bet you on testing because guess what? AF showed today! GRRR So I woke up and had to use the bathroom. I noticed that I had some 'spotting' and thought it could've been possible implantation bleeding. I mean I'm 4-5 days early!! That is so unlike me. I'm always 28-29 days! I don't know if it's because this was my first complete month off of the clomid that has thrown my system out of whack or not?! I hope and pray that this is YOUR month!

SydneyNat - your information was very helpful because it made me think of my own Clearblue OPK. Originally my dr said to bd every other day starting at cd8 - 18. Instead... I've been taking the tests and bding around what I think is my o time! Granted some months we bd more than others, but I'm thinking I just need to do what he suggested and I'm bound to catch an eggie!

So I am a little upset today. Maybe when I give up stressing and worrying about it all I'll have better luck. LOL

Wishing you all and

User Image

9 years ago

BabyAngelG-
Weren't you on progesterone? I didn't know AF can come early (or at alll) if you are on progesterone?

Confused....

9 years ago

karamyl - yes I take progesterone suppositories twice a day from cd17 until either AF arrives or if bfp for 10 weeks. I've consistently had af every month while on it and NEVER early.

User Image

9 years ago

BabyAngelG, sorry has come for an uninvited visit , but every cycle is the start of what could turn out to be something beautiful. Regarding the lupus, If AF decides to show for me next weekend I'll let you know about my lupus work-up. Btw, when I took Soy Isos (clomid's cousin from what I hear) I had a very 28 day normal cycle, but usually I'm a 32+ day cycler. So, I'm ??guessing it was the clomid that shortened your cycle, too. this cycle. Regarding stress, it raises the prolactin levels, which can prevent one from getting pregnant. I had high prolactin. Check out my journal entry about being in a "funk" to help relax more =).

SydneyNat, that's awful that your home kit for the LH surge is dysfunctional. I'm glad you had the blood test as a back-up. I guess I'll try to always have 2 different brands on hand so if one is neg (& I should be o) then I'll have to other to back me up. I'm guessing the home kit wasn't expired?

AFM, I'm still symptom-tracking, poking on my nips to see if they are sore, etc. I started progesterone suppositories left-over from my IVF/IUI cycles when I felt what may have been implantation @ 6 dpo. I know I've started them much later than one would with IVF/IUI, but one of my sister's warned me of low progesterone during her pregnancy & I read about that also being the case in women with PCOS, so I thought, why not?

9 years ago

hi ladies, new and old one

who have and

and sorry for have lost and distractive news!

im 8dpo and have a severe cramps!

i just wonder when i can do 10dpo or 16dpo?

thamk u for ur time to read and thank u in advance who will reply

im happy to join here and thank who share the fantastic story with us!of course i learnt from who have also disappointed news!

i'd like to make induvidual reply but have severe cramps so need to rest sorry for that.

lots of love
im really happy to join this group

9 years ago

BabyAngelG I'm sorry AF turned up, we all know what a massive disappointment that is when it happens. Bloody AF - doesn't she know how unwelcome she is??

Fingers crossed for you for next month xx

I'm hoping this is my month, but if it isn't I'm going to do one more round of OV tracking. The Dr said three is the usual number, she doesn't recommend any more than that.

My DP doesn't think we need another cycle of tracking because he's observed my ovulation is always around his pay day (he gets paid monthly), but I've told him we are absolutely doing one more if I'm not pregnant. It's $400 a cycle - not cheap, but also worth it if it's going to help me get the timing perfect.

If I don't get pregnant in the next two months, we'll just BD morning and night for the week leading up to his pay day.

I got cranky at him on Friday night because we had a few drinks to relax and he had too many haha. We couldn't do it. We did on Saturday morning, so hopefully we'll still be OK.

Our poor men - we don't need to be in the mood or turned on to do it. Unfortunately for them, they can't just lie back and think of England.

I'm having acupuncture again tonight. The nurse at the clinic told me the ladies there who have acupuncture with their IVF usually have another session after they've been implanted. Hopefully now I've ovulated and we've BDd, the acupuncture will help things along.

9 years ago

Early pregnancy symptoms by day past ovulation

What signs and symptoms are most common on each day past ovulation?

Advertisement

Pregnancy test statistics

Select your day past ovulation to see the statistics and to get an understanding of what result you can expect.

Select your day past ovulation
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo