Community post

Discussion

Looking for ladies in their 40's TTC

View Full Post

Hello :)
I was wondering if they are any ladies out there in their 40's ttc. Please add me as a friend and we can support each other along the way.
I'm trying for another child but have had a few losses along the way but not ready to give up just yet, not while I know they're still some eggs just waiting to be caught!
and to every single one of you out there!

583 Replies • 9 years ago

Advertisement

Pregnancy test calculator

Use this calculator to help you decide when to take your first home pregnancy test.

351 - 360 of 583 Replies | Last Page

Well Hellooooo Ladies (<-- sounds cheesy),

So much stuff going on for everyone! Sydney - I've heard implantation is mostly a non-event for most women, so don't hang your hat on it.

And my "natural" haircolor? Brunette, of course! I will admit since becoming pregnant I'm a little more sensitive about the "sidewalls" showing gray. I started going gray in college, never really embraced it ;)

In other news, I had a strange spotting incident start late last night. While I was watching TV and thought I felt something, but didn't think anything of it. As I got ready for bed, I saw what I'll characterize as a "tea stain" in my panties. On wipe later I had small bit of something thicker, all brown.

<Queue Google searches of what could be going on well after midnight. Bad idea, only lost sleep.>

This morning, nothing more than the some more brown stuff on wipe only. RE told me to track it, tweak up progesterone for next shot, but otherwise not overly worried. She even implied it could have been from my last US, which was a little uncomfortable as the tech probed to get a shot of the membrane.

So I'm just trying to relax today. I have a pretty light schedule, so I think a couple naps are in order. Whatever will be will be.

Good luck everyone!

9 years ago

I had a tiny bit of peach-colored implantation bleeding with my pregnancy earlier this year.

Busterdogs, my natural haircolor is "brunette" too, lol! Try to get some sleep, stay away from Dr. Google! .

Onemorebaby, are you still here?

9 years ago

Hi everyone!

Busterdogs - Oh happy dance for the two beans one pod. That has to be such a relief. In regards to the recent spotting, your RE sounds correct. Try to relax and not worry about it. Easier said than done, right? LOVE the comments about Throw Back Thursday (think high bangs) and haircolor. I colored mine throughout my pregnancy and everything was just fine! LOL

SydneyNat- I know what you mean about wanting something so bad! I believe all of us would agree with that statement! Twins run in my family too as my grandmother was a twin. I have heard that it is on the maternal side. Your symptoms sound good. Try not to rely too heavily on them and just take good care of yourself. I'll be excited to hear your testing results!!

Angelgirl - darn that witch! Sorry she turned up again! Good luck with your next cycle!

to everyone out there! this or next cycle depending on where you are.

ATM - I believe I am ovulating today. At least according to my temps and opk. I've had sharp pains down low the past two days which is weird for me when I'm not on Clomid (this will be my 2nd cycle off). I went to see my ob/gyn who referred me to a reproductive endocronologist. Sigh. They sent copies of my records and currently I'm waiting for a phone call to schedule an appointment. Man, wouldn't it be great if I got a BFP before any of that mess?!!! LOL

User Image

9 years ago

BabyAngelG that would be good for you to get a BFP in all of that!

I think the witch is on her way to me too :-(

I had cramping last weekend when I would've been implanting if I were pregnant, however the cramps never went away and today they are really bad.

I was a psycho hormonal b!tch last night, like really, really moody and cranky and just unhinged.

DP isn't talking to me!

9 years ago

Hello my fellow ttc ladies , hope you're all doing great. Sorry I haven't been on for ages, I've been so busy with work, kids and TTC of course .

Welcome to the new ladies, I wish you all the best in this journey, this is a really nice group of supportive women so glad too to have you on board.

SydneyNat I had implantation bleeding in February on 9dpo, coincidentally it was the same day I went for my progesterone testing on CD21 and then 2 days later 11dpo I found out I was pregnant...well of course I lost it but that was the first and only time it's ever happened to me!!! When I saw the little brown stuff it was like a light went off in my head and lo and behold next day . I don't think it's as common as we think though and most people don't even have it. I hope you get your this week!!! Good luck and crossing everything for you.

Busterdogs I hope what you experienced is nothing and everything works out fine, I have a good feeling it will so relax and take it easy.

eat2nourish sweetheart I'm still here hanging on for dear life . With every cycle that passes I despair even more but I'm trying to maintain a positive attitude and hope for the best. I hope you're doing the same, you're always so lovely and positive about things. I like that

and tons and tons of to us all and I pray and hope with my heart and soul that our dreams come true soon.

9 years ago • Post starter

I saw my acupuncturist yesterday.

He thinks I'm pregnant!!!

I don't know how they do it - I googled it and apparently it is a thing, they can just tell from your pulse.

Anyhow, I'm not getting excited yet. Blood test is tomorrow.

Karamyl, I just noticed your post from a few days ago. I'm so sorry you've had 5 BFPs in the past year that haven't come to fruition. That must be heartbreaking. (((hugs)))

9 years ago

OK, I just took at HPT and it's negative.

I called the clinic because I'm due to go in for my blood test tomorrow.

The nurse (who I think is getting very impatient with all my questions by now haha) said home tests are not at all accurate this early and can really only be relied upon about 7 days after AF was due.

I really wish I didn't take the test. I'm kicking myself.

Oh well, it's all a learning curve. If I'm not pregnant, next month I'll sit tight and just wait till I'm due for the test at the clinic.

I called my cousin who saw my acupuncturist when she was trying to fall pregnant. I asked her if he told her when she was and if he was accurate.

She said he didn't actually tell her!

It's going to be a long 24 hours!

9 years ago

Hello everyone,

I hope everything is going well for everyone! Try to stay positive!

SydneyNat - yes, of the 5 BFP in the last year, 4 were losses. This last BFP was on 9/13/2014. I am still pregnant with the firth one (so far 5 weeks 6 days).

I had my first ultrasound two days ago at 5.5 weeks and we saw the gestational sac and yolk sac (just one - I had at least 2 eggs ovulate). My RE was very pleased and said that's exactly what he wanted to see. Too early to see a fetal pole though.

I have another ultrasound on Oct. 8th which also happens to be my 44th birthday!! We should see embryo and heartbeat at that appointment. I am terrified because last time I had an ultrasound at that stage things did not go well (embryo had stopped growing about a week earlier I think). So I will either have the best bithday present ever or the worst ever!

Last night I had a very vivid dream in which I was pregnant and when I went to the bathroom there was pink blood everywhere. I was so confused about it in my dream because I was on progesterone. How could I be bleeding pink blood if I was on progesterone? Perhaps it wasn't a miscarriage then since it was pink... I was thinking I would be back to square one with my RE and that I needed to make a baseline ultrascan appointment when I woke up. I was extremely relieved to find it was just a dream! I hope this dream is not an ominous sign!

9 years ago

Karamyl I think your dream is just your fears and anxiety manifesting. Totally natural and understandable!!

I'm so praying for a sticky baby for you.

Well, my blood test for pregnancy was negative. I'm so confused.

I had two mature eggs with a nice thick endometrium and my progesterone and estrogen levels were perfect. I had cramping right when implantation would've happened, but no, it was just stupid AF cramps. I seem to get them about two weeks before AF.is due.

We did the BD when the clinic told us to. I just don't get it.

I'm at my wits end.

Maybe at 43 it's just too late for me. I need to grieve the fact that maybe I'll never be a mother :-(

It's so ironic that I finally meet the right man and it's just that tiny bit too late for me.

9 years ago

iam 41 iam also in the ame boat i had three miscarrages all at 6.5 weeeks when i was in my thirtys . so we have decided to adopt two sisters but still want a bio natural child from the my husband and i

9 years ago

Early pregnancy symptoms by day past ovulation

What signs and symptoms are most common on each day past ovulation?

Advertisement

Pregnancy test statistics

Select your day past ovulation to see the statistics and to get an understanding of what result you can expect.

Select your day past ovulation
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo