Community post

Discussion

Looking for ladies in their 40's TTC

View Full Post

Hello :)
I was wondering if they are any ladies out there in their 40's ttc. Please add me as a friend and we can support each other along the way.
I'm trying for another child but have had a few losses along the way but not ready to give up just yet, not while I know they're still some eggs just waiting to be caught!
and to every single one of you out there!

583 Replies • 9 years ago

Advertisement

Pregnancy test calculator

Use this calculator to help you decide when to take your first home pregnancy test.

451 - 460 of 583 Replies | Last Page

Hi lady's we are still trying I was wondering scd2287 about those supplement do they help I read good things about vitex n the CoQ10 I feel like mayb I should try it .Suzanne72 I think u should go to the Dr. They could do a blood test n find out if u r preg if you r reg at our age it scares me when u miss a period cuz it could b a sign of premanopause u knw how that goes but hope it's it's a + for u keep us posted good luck!!

9 years ago

Cassyvela
A midwife friend recommended the Vitex as a hormone stabilizing herb and the false unicorn as a fertility herb
the Coq10 you know - no harm - might increase mitochondria. I just had some ovarian cysts so I may back off the False Unicorn just because it has less science behind it, but very happy with the others. though my cycles are irregular now, most are ovulatory,

Sarah

9 years ago

Sarah
Thanx for the info I believe in what the midwifes give u n tell u.I really dnt knw what's happening with me I think it's stress ttc could b stressing plus my DH goes out of town a lot n that kind of gets me depressed n it's most of the time on my ovulation times so I need to lay back from stress but I pray every night for all of us to get our little seeds in there in kind of got more depressed when I found out my sisters is prego n she just had a baby 6 months ago that was bad but I'm ok now we just got to keep trying good luck to u n keep me posted how ur doing! a ð??? load of it !!

9 years ago

Suzanne72, go to the dr. Did you test with an internet cheapie? They don't work for me, but FRER does.

scd2287/Sarah, welcome to the group! It is still possible. Someone else on this site told me to use castor oil packs for cysts & my acupuncturist recommended them, too. So, if/when I get cysts I'll know the remedy. Apparently they can be found at Whole Foods.

I got my bloodwork back: bfn, but I'm still having fun trying! Of course I'm still searching for new websites. Here is one for increasing male fertility, since we are on the 40+ forum I thought it would be an interesting read. There is also lots of information in the side bar for us ladies. Enjoy! sites dot google dot com/site/miscarriageresearch/how-to-boost-fertility/how-to-increase-male-fertility

9 years ago

Oh Cassyvela that would be really difficult for you. On one hand you must be so happy for your sister, but on the other, wondering when it will happen for you.

I think AF is on the way. Yet again! My DP is getting frustrated as well because we are trying so hard.

I really think it's my hostile CM. DP's sperm is excellent (we just had it tested) and my eggs and hormones were all perfect when I was having ovulation tracking at the clinic.

The Doctor said hormones dictate the CM so maybe it's just a side effect of getting older.

This is my game plan. If AF does come, I'll book in for the fallopian tube clean out. Then, if I'm not pregnant by January, it's IUI. We'll give that three goes (or, hopefully fewer) then IVF. I'm only going to give that one shot.

If IVF doesn't work, we'll start looking for a donor egg.

As for supplements, I'm taking Ovaboost, Royal Jelly, Evening Primrose Oil, Folate, Vitamin D and some Chinese medicine my acupuncturist gave me.

9 years ago

Quick question - have any of you used the Maybe Baby? I've being using it and have read mixed reviews.

9 years ago

SydneyNat
I knw grl dnt get me wrong I love the fact that my sis is having a baby but it still was hard to find out but I'll b ok it's not the first time this happens but thanx for understanding and my thought here I hope for u not to get ur AF sometimes we put our bodies through so much for that hope to get to b mothers but I hope we get our good results with Gods help sometimes we just need to stop trying so hard don't u think n it will happen.thanx againg

9 years ago

Oh wow...has anybody heard of assisted hatching? I wonder why my Doctor hasn't mentioned this to me. I found the info on the website of IVF Australia:

"If youâ??re over 38 years of age and have had an unsuccessful IVF treatment cycle, we may recommend using Assisted Hatching on your next cycle.

This involves using a laser to gently thin the outer shell of the egg (called the zona). In some cases, particularly in older women, it is thought that the thickness of the outer shell (zona) can impede implantation. If the embryo can â??hatchâ?? out of the shell more efficiently, it will then implant inside the uterus more easily."

Wow, it's mind boggling the things they can do! Unfortunately, they don't have a clinic in Canberra, the city I moved to earlier this year. Pity - the ovulation tracking they do is covered by Medicare, so no out of pocket for me at all. The clinic I've been using here charges $400 per cycle!

AF is on the way, I'm sure of it :-(

Looks like a tubal patency is on the cards for me in the next few weeks.

I'm supposed to have acupuncture tonight, but I'm going to take a break for a while. $75 a week for the past 3.5 months and it's got me nowhere.

9 years ago

Well, what a dud the Maybe Baby has turned out to be.

AF arrived yesterday - just for the sake of experimentation I used the MB today. Full ferning! The ferns are supposed to show estrogen I thought there was no estrogen during menstruation?

9 years ago

Where did everybody go??

I've decided I'm out. I'm not trying anymore.

I'll be 44 in March but I think my fertility is at about a 45-46 year old.

I had my tubal patency ultrasound the other day and my tubes are fine, however I only had two follicles.

Two follicles means IVF probably won't even work, let alone a natural pregnancy.

DP and I are going to become foster carers. I'll still get to be a mum, just in a different way.

We will of course keep BDing without protection, but I have no expectation anymore. If I happen to fall pregnant, it will be a happy surprise, but I really don't expect it.

Best of luck to all of you. Those of you who are pregnant, congratulations on the impending birth, and those of you who are still TTC, baby dust to you all.

9 years ago

Early pregnancy symptoms by day past ovulation

What signs and symptoms are most common on each day past ovulation?

Advertisement

Pregnancy test statistics

Select your day past ovulation to see the statistics and to get an understanding of what result you can expect.

Select your day past ovulation
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo