Community post

Discussion

Looking for ladies in their 40's TTC

View Full Post

Hello :)
I was wondering if they are any ladies out there in their 40's ttc. Please add me as a friend and we can support each other along the way.
I'm trying for another child but have had a few losses along the way but not ready to give up just yet, not while I know they're still some eggs just waiting to be caught!
and to every single one of you out there!

583 Replies • 9 years ago

Advertisement

Pregnancy test calculator

Use this calculator to help you decide when to take your first home pregnancy test.

551 - 560 of 583 Replies | Last Page

The big 40 is only 2 weeks away, been ttc for 18 months or so for our first. PCOS is my known culprit, but with meds, blood work shows I am ovulating, biggest problem, opk not picking it up. We were going for IUI this month, but since clear blue failed me, (doctor's suggested brand) just keeping fingers crossed. Best guess is about 9 dpo now....

Onemore, sorry for your loss and sending best wishes

8 years ago

Kizmo - see if your doctor will do a hysteroscopy to remove the blockage found by your HSG. I had that done. They removed the blockage but also learned that my other tube was only open a small pinhole so she was able to clear that out too. I have tried for a 2 months with no luck just yet, but I am starting back on clomid again this cycle. fingers crossed.

8 years ago

tryingforbaby#2 - Thank you for your suggestion and encouragement. I had one done back in March and they found the one blocked tube. The tech was not my doctor and he tried to push more die thru to open it but it just spilled back out.

I asked my new doctor about having another one done and if its there still, drilling it out to open it up. She is very hesitant on this and says it more often then not ends up puncturing the tube wall and would leads to scar tissue and other problems. She is advising to leave it alone.

DH and I really would like to have another test done and someone that will open it if it is blocked, or at least try too. Means back to doctor shopping I think.

I'm currently on Femara, (2 cycle). I did 5 months on Clomid with no BFP's. We tried Clomid thinking more eggs and possibility of producing each month from both sides was a good option with the blocked tube. Give me more chances than just every other month. I OV on my own but the doctor is now focusing on trying to give me better chances at better quality eggs. See if this approach works. My first cycle on the Femara gave me several small eggs and one decent one measuring 21mm 3 days before I OV. Unfortunately it was on the blocked tube side. But it did work. Fingers crossed this round the same thing happens on the cleared side.

Baby wishes to everyone!

8 years ago

Kizmo - don't lose hope! You may very well get quality eggs on your other side next month. My doctor warned of the scarring with the hysteroscopy but said she would be as careful and mindful of that. Doctor shopping is no fun, but you need to find someone that supports and encourages you. I will keep you in my thoughts as we journey down this road together.

8 years ago

We have been TTC for 18 months. I had a blocked tube which was cleared with a hysteroscopy in July. We are now looking at an IUI. Anyone have success with IUI? Please share your story, thoughts, recommendations. Thanks!

8 years ago

Hi ladies, I've been quiet for months and months whilst trying for that illusive little baby we're all trying for but after all this time I want to say I'm now 13+ weeks pregnant with a baby that's doing really really well. I've had quite a few scans due to me being so paranoid after 5 miscarriages in a row but everytime they've been perfect with strong heartbeats and thankfully and thank God nothing to worry about. Baby is measuring where he or she should be.

This cycle I didn't think it would happen like all other cycles to be fair. I'd kind of given up in my head if that makes sense but not in my heart so it came as a shock when I got my BFP at 10dpo! I didn't feel symptoms for ages either which was worrying and if not for the scans I wouldn't have believed it.

This was my second cycle with clomid, I drank tons and tons of water, exercised loads and lost a ton of weight (which is happily coming back on) and that was basically it I think. I also had progesterone pessaries so started on them as soon as I got the BFP.

I'm in my mid 40's and if I can do it I promise there's a chance for you all. Please don't give up hope. Message me if you like and I'll be only too happy to share tips. I pray that the pregnancy keeps going as it should and I get to hold my rainbow baby in my arms in the next few months. I'd post a scan photo on my profile but haven't got a clue how to do so.

Baby dust to you all and I hope all our wishes come true. Don't give up!!! I didn't and see where I am today.

8 years ago • Post starter

OneMoreBaby! Congratulations on your beautiful little bean and getting past the dreaded first trimester. Your story gives me such hope. I'm 47 and refuse to give up. I too, don't have an issue getting pregnant, it's staying that way. I'm so excited that you are doing so well, and wish you great joy for the next few months, and a beautiful Rainbow Baby at the end of all the waiting!

8 years ago

Onemorebaby - thank you for being such a beacon of hope for those of us over 40 ladies who are ttc. You know I love you girl and am so over the moon happy for you! xoxo I am very thankful for our friendship. Send me the latest pic by email if you can!

User Image

8 years ago

Thank you Pix, it can happen. I think it's a miracle and my dream came true and dreams CAN come true. Just keep trying and doing what you need to do at the right time. It was a problem staying pregnant too till this time when I started on progesterone. I was told to stop at 12 weeks by the consultant but I'm too scared to do so lol. I think you should get some of that so that when you get a BFP you can start it straight away. Nothing ventured nothing gained I always say. Thank you so much for the sweet, lovely wishes, they mean so much to me. I feel as though I'm living in a dream!

BabyAngelG thank you too for being there for me constantly all this time while I was scared and worried about no symptoms and panicking for what it seems was for nothing now as all has turned out great so far. Thank you and I'm so happy to be able to give hope to all the over 40's TTCing. We need the hope and inspiration. It can happen and it will happen ladies, please don't give up hope!!!

8 years ago • Post starter

Great reading your positive stories and giving me hope, Im 45 and starting Clomid as soon as my partner has his sperm checked this week, fingers crossed for us all and thank you! :) -x-

8 years ago

Early pregnancy symptoms by day past ovulation

What signs and symptoms are most common on each day past ovulation?

Advertisement

Pregnancy test statistics

Select your day past ovulation to see the statistics and to get an understanding of what result you can expect.

Select your day past ovulation
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo