Community post

Discussion

Looking for ladies in their 40's TTC

View Full Post

Hello :)
I was wondering if they are any ladies out there in their 40's ttc. Please add me as a friend and we can support each other along the way.
I'm trying for another child but have had a few losses along the way but not ready to give up just yet, not while I know they're still some eggs just waiting to be caught!
and to every single one of you out there!

583 Replies • 9 years ago

Advertisement

Pregnancy test calculator

Use this calculator to help you decide when to take your first home pregnancy test.

341 - 350 of 583 Replies | Last Page

Re implantation cramping, from my EXTREMELY limited experience.

I had a 5 day transfer of two fresh embryos, or "5dt," in the IVF lingo. At 4 days past the embryo transfer, or 4dp5dt, or dpo day 9, I had some wicked general cramping. I was convinced it was AF on her way. I even called the RE to let her know. I also had a couple brief moments of a subtler cramping in my lower left side, but didn't really think anything of it. The next day I had some brownish discharge, only on wipe.

Here's where it got interesting. When I went to the RE as scheduled on 13 dpo or 8dp5dt, I had an hcg level of 75. The follow-up a couple days later had not doubled, was only 132, yet the RE guessed both embryos landed, but only one was sticking around.

Then at the first ultrasound at something like 5+ weeks they found two as the embryo that landed got comfortable and obviously split to identical twins in the a common sac.

<Queue a sleepless night where I was CONVINCED I now had conjoined twins, totally irrational.>

If there is a lesson learned here, it's that my 40+ years with this body, and I was still totally surprised. Don't count yourself out until everything that can play out does play out. I was duped by two, then one, then two microscopic embryos doing their own thing.

At least it's not triplets. :)

9 years ago

One other thought ...

I don't know if twins run in the maternal side because I got donor eggs. I don't know the donor, but know she was thoroughly screened by my RE.

What I do know is that where is live is THICK with identical twins. Yeah, no kidding, I don't know what's in the gene pool out here, but I never knew multiples where I grew up in NY, yet out here they are on 12" centers. And my donor is from this area.

Yesterday I sent identical twin sisters I know a picture of my ultrasound and called it a "Throwback Thursday" to them in utero. It still makes me giggle.

9 years ago

I'm in two minds now about whether I'm pregnant.

Last week I was so sure, and on Friday, Saturday and Yesterday I had the worst cramping. I was sure it was implantation cramping, because the timing was right - but no bleeding. I wanted that blood for reassurance!

Yesterday (Sunday) I was SO exhausted and went to bed for a lie down at 5.30pm. My DP woke me up for dinner about 7pm and I really struggled to stay awake long enough to eat it.

Then in the middle of the night I woke up feeling terrible. Queasy, nauseous and headachey.

And my boobs! Oh my boobs! DP can't even give me a hug without it really hurting.

However, after my last disappointment, I'm not getting my hopes up. I've had symptoms before and not been pregnant.

Six days till my blood test and then I'll know either way. I'm booked with my acupuncturist on Thursday. I'm scared, because he says he will be able to tell from my pulse if I am or not.

9 years ago

I'm so praying you are SyndeyNat!!!

9 years ago

Yes, Sydney, definitely pulling for you!

Don't read too much into symptoms. You may recall I thought things were not progressing when I thought symptoms disappeared. I believe I was over-thinking the modest symptoms I had in first place.

Good luck little swimmers and eggs!

9 years ago

SyndeyNat, I can't wait for Thursday to find out if your symtoms were telling you somthing or just PMS! The boobs would be my sign. I remember them hurting SO bad right away.

I have no symtoms. I feel "normal. I'm 9dpo and feel like I'm probably pms-ing. Want salt, that's about it.

Question: Have any of you gotten pregnant while nursing? I'm still nursing my 14 month old and wonder if my breasts will get sore. I've read conflicting answers... no, since you're already producing milk and your breast hurt because they are preparing for milk production.

My breasts feel a little more sore than normal, but he nursed a lot this weekend. I wonder if I get pregnant if he can sense it and if my milk changes.

Anyway, I'll test this Sunday. This will be a loooonnnggg week!

eat2nourish, thanks for the link. It def. helps.

9 years ago

BabyAngelG, I would absolutely LOVE for it to be my turn next for a BFP. How are things going?

angelgirldel, I'm sorry the witch got you, too. It does mean that we are cycle buddies!

Mayer51313, you should be testing soon. How goes it?

SydneyNat, only 5 more days, then you may be a proud mom to twins! RE progesterone, my clinic told me that anything above 15 is great to keep my uterine lining in place for a baby to grow. I track symptoms, too. Yours sound promising, but I agree to try not to over-think them.

Busterdogs, I'm so happy for your two little peas in a pod. What color did you end up coloring your hair? =). Your mind is like mine...I sometimes get convinced about something that is not true as well, . Love the Throwback Thursday. OMG, you just reminded me that we are children of the 80s...those hairstyles...

Newlife2015, how did the testing go?

Babynumber3forme, you're welcome on the link. No symptoms may not mean anything. It could still be your turn, too. Stay busy/distracted this week!

AFM, I just woke from a 2 hour nap! The femara bottle did sate it could cause drowsiness, but goodness. If I ever take it again, it will def. be at night. 3 more days of it, then starting gonal-f for for several days, then appt to see how my follies are growing. I already feel twinges in my ovary areas, which doesn't happen when I use gonal f alone. Weird. Praying we all get our hearts desire soon.

9 years ago

I'm so tired again today. I'm going to bed the minute I get home from work tonight!

13dpo. Terrible cramping as well.

But....I've been here before.

Does everyone get implantation bleeding?

9 years ago

SydneyNat,

I had implantation spotting when I was preg in Jan (followed by mc)
It was just a one-off light-red, pinkish smudge, no other symptoms that I recall, though I wasn't tracking at all so I could have missed them.

With this pregnancy (so far successful ) I had no implantation bleed but a sharp stabbing pain in my lower right at 8 DPO. I mean it folded me in half, accompanied by a sudden headache and I had to lie down and nap through it.

I don't recall any implantation symptoms at all from my previous pregnancies but everyone is different and every pregnancy will be different too.
One other thing too look out for would be increased creamy CM,
seems to be the most recurring theme

So, ladies about to test, don't lose hope!

I would say cramping is good, need for napping is good, achy boobies-great (though mine started to hurt a bit later and in different way than during usual PMS cycles)

Can't wait till Thursday SydNat! And till Sunday Babynumber3 :)

Busterdogs, how are you doing? How many weeks are you now? Will you be finding out your babies' gender?

Any news, Newlife?

9 years ago

I have never had implantation bleeding with my BFPs, and I have had 5 of them in the last year..

9 years ago

Early pregnancy symptoms by day past ovulation

What signs and symptoms are most common on each day past ovulation?

Advertisement

Pregnancy test statistics

Select your day past ovulation to see the statistics and to get an understanding of what result you can expect.

Select your day past ovulation
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo