Community post

Discussion

Looking for ladies in their 40's TTC

View Full Post

Hello :)
I was wondering if they are any ladies out there in their 40's ttc. Please add me as a friend and we can support each other along the way.
I'm trying for another child but have had a few losses along the way but not ready to give up just yet, not while I know they're still some eggs just waiting to be caught!
and to every single one of you out there!

583 Replies • 9 years ago

Advertisement

Pregnancy test calculator

Use this calculator to help you decide when to take your first home pregnancy test.

481 - 490 of 583 Replies | Last Page

Busterdogs, I'm so happy that things are going so well for you and your little boys! And yes, having a "competent cervix" ...that does make me laugh a little, but that's great too =).

9 years ago

Quick question: Does the body retain water or whatever when implantation is happening?

I know I said I'm out, I'm waiting for my sister's donor egg, but I was ovulating last weekend and we did do the BD.

I weigh myself every Friday morning and just now I got on the scales and weight 3lb more than I did last Friday.

I had some beers on Sunday and Chinese food last night, but other than that, I've been dieting and sticking to it pretty well.

9 years ago

SydneyNat
I'm not sure about retaining water but I knw that 2 weeks bfore my period would start I would feel bloated,pain on my ovaries,I could never keep up w my body all I figured later was in my 2 prev pregnancy I had no symptoms only no period no sign of blood I hope u get ur turn honestly I'll pray just like I prayed for me
Busterdogs
I'm so happy ur two lil men are good n u r blessed with two god bless them n u!!

9 years ago

I just found this website and the forum about many more women above 40 ttc.

I am 42 and my DH and I are trying since 1 year.
Starting this adventure I was unaware of all these up and downs and this enormous mental stress that is involved in wanting to try for the first child somewhat late in life. It is nice to know that I am not alone with my dear wish.

I have tried Maca powder, because it stated that it is relaxing and would help with fertility for women and sperm count and motility for men. I took this for several month and yes my cycles were more regular, but I got insomniac sleep problems so I stopped using it. I am now using fertilaid for her and my husband uses the him version. I have no problems anymore, my cycle length seems to be stable. I am using OPK's to check for the rise in luteinizing hormone. Formerly this raise happened on day 16 which changed due to the use of the supplements to day 13, but I still do not know when exactly I ovulate.

9 years ago

I just found this website and the forum about many more women above 40 ttc.

I am 42 and my DH and I are trying since 1 year.
Starting this adventure I was unaware of all these up and downs and this enormous mental stress that is involved in wanting to try for the first child somewhat late in life. It is nice to know that I am not alone with my dear wish.

I have tried Maca powder, because it stated that it is relaxing and would help with fertility for women and sperm count and motility for men. I took this for several month and yes my cycles were more regular, but I got insomniac sleep problems so I stopped using it. I am now using fertilaid for her and my husband uses the him version. I have no problems anymore, my cycle length seems to be stable. I am using OPK's to check for the rise in luteinizing hormone. Formerly this raise happened on day 16 which changed due to the use of the supplements to day 13, but I still do not know when exactly I ovulate.

How can I suppress these feelings and evaluations about possible pregnancy symptoms? What is the best way to stay sane and not go nuts over this? And how could I figure out when I ovulate, I never felt this as long as I am fertile. I went to the Gyn. and they told me that a blood test for progesterone would tell me more about this. I am waiting for the result.

for everybody trying

9 years ago

Busterdogs
I want to ask you somint as you knw I'm about 5 + weeks pregnant haven't gone to the doctor but I want to ask you when u were around the time that I am did u feel any pressure above puvic area slight pinching I'm not bleeding or anything but just that slight pinching no pain it's that normal to feel? Please reply. Thank you

P.S.
Have not gone to the Dr. Due to my DH not in town yeat!

9 years ago

Hi Cassy,

I think women who've been preggo before would have better input than I. Worse, I noticed every twinge -- particularly in that first trimester -- and thought the worst. Finally I smartened up and stepped away from Dr. Google and figured whatever will be will be. I know, easier said than done.

During my first trimester I had some pretty unusual pings and pains, so occasionally I took a Tylenol and would lie down for a bit. When I started seeing my Perinatologist, they read me the riot act about drinking enough water -- some 64 ounces a day -- so I don't know if it's because I'm in my second trimester or because I drink more water, I feel much better than I did in the first trimester.

So don't make too much of pains as things stretch out, and most importantly DRINK A SHITLOAD OF WATER if you already don't.

9 years ago

Busterdogs
Hey grl thanx for the info n yes I think I should b drinking lots of water plus I believe I have a possible uti grrrrrr! Thanx tc

9 years ago

Today is going to be looong if I don't get my period.

I'm three days late. I've had the really super strong cramping I get with my period, but no bleeding.

I took a HPT yesterday afternoon but it was negative.

If I don't get AF by tomorrow morning I'll do another test.

It'll probably be negative and this is just the beginning of menopause :-(

9 years ago

That didn't take long. AF just arrived.

I've gone from 27 day cycles to this one being a 30 day. I guess early menopause it is :-( :-(

9 years ago

Early pregnancy symptoms by day past ovulation

What signs and symptoms are most common on each day past ovulation?

Advertisement

Pregnancy test statistics

Select your day past ovulation to see the statistics and to get an understanding of what result you can expect.

Select your day past ovulation
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo