Community post

Discussion

Looking for ladies in their 40's TTC

View Full Post

Hello :)
I was wondering if they are any ladies out there in their 40's ttc. Please add me as a friend and we can support each other along the way.
I'm trying for another child but have had a few losses along the way but not ready to give up just yet, not while I know they're still some eggs just waiting to be caught!
and to every single one of you out there!

583 Replies • 9 years ago

Advertisement

Pregnancy test calculator

Use this calculator to help you decide when to take your first home pregnancy test.

381 - 390 of 583 Replies | Last Page

Hi smiling4us. That's great you had a baby after 40! I'm sorry for your oss earlier this year. I had a mc earlier in the year too. . I'm glad you have the strength to hold off on testing at 12dpo. I'm a complete mess at 4 dpo, lol! I just had to look up that oz=Australia. I'm in the US. I just had an IUI yesterday & am in the dreaded TWW & praying for a rainbow baby.

Fort those who have thought about IUI or IVF: IUI is so much cheaper, around $1800 if you do a hybrid cycle with femara + gonal f. Plus, you still get to ovulate (hopefully) > 1 egg if you are a good responder. My RE also said yesterday that you get way more sperm with IUI than you ever could with intercourse (and w/sperm washing for IUI, the injected sperm is of higher quality-they show you the report of the quality). In retrospect, I wish I would have done several rounds of IUI before spending a fortune on 2 fresh IVF cycles.

9 years ago

Hi everyone! I was reading through the thread and feel like this forum is more like a great place to get together and support each other through what is a long wait sometimes filled with sad news. I'll admit, it's hard to take the steps to TTC then to go through the TWW, and then the let down to then muster up the courage/strength to give it another try.

I'm 42 yrs old and have been blessed with 4 wonderful children from my previous marriage, the youngest being twin girls conceived naturally. My husband is literally the life of our family, a strong, hard working, warm, loving, and caring man that always keeps us at the front of his thoughts. I'm older than he (by 13 years) and he has been everything I needed in my life, and been a blessing to the kids. I want this for him so badly and he does too but if it's not meant to be we are okay with that too although we are going to give it our best shot!

My cycle started on 9/11/14, Clomid on days 5-10, and HCG shot on 9/22/14 with ovulation within the next 24-36 hours. We did our part and are now waiting. Yesterday I did take a HPT and it was negative (10DPO). Hoping it was early and maybe implantation is today so that we can still get a positive instead of AF on 10/10/14. My husband is so confident this is our time because everything lined up perfectly (time wise). I read your stories with hope in my heart and can't tell you how much I need the support. It's hard to have the emotional side get the best of you and waiting....that's THE hardest part next to the negative test results. Wishing everyone baby dust and those that are pregnant, CONGRATULATIONS!!!!!

9 years ago

I need opinions!

We are not ovulation tracking through the clinic this month because the pRevious few months pattern shows I ovulate around days 8/9. We thought we didn't need to spend all that money this month.

For the past three days I've been using opk at home AND the maybe baby. Both say I'm not ovulating.

Today is CD8.

I'm getting paranoid that maybe at 43 I've stopped ovulating and the clinic has just been taking my money and telling me I am.

Last month when the clinic said I was ovulating I used my digital opk at home just to see they smiley face and it said I was not ovulating!

My temp was low yesterday and even lower today.

I'm confused and upset.

9 years ago

I think weman dont stop ovulating as long as u still having cycles and I'm not sure about those opk sometimes they aren't accurate I did one once and it said I was and we did the homework with my hubby and nothing I didn't come out pregnant but let's not give up and keep praying god will do as he wishes lots of baby dust to all of us lets not give up I have hope:)

9 years ago

Busterdogs, I'm glad everything is going to plan. It's awesome news!!!

eat2nourish I hope your trigger went well over the weekend so it's your month, it's time for you! Regarding the IUI versus IVF etc they say hindsight is a great thing , annoying spending all that money and finding out something else is probably more effective and cheaper but I also guess it depends on what works for individual people, either way I wish you the best of luck!! I want you to have a baby so much! .

Welcome to the group Smiling4us and Sassyhyngurl, it's great here and I hope you get your 's soon. Smiling4us we're on same cycle days...I'm 14dpo today and didn't even bother testing as boobs gone as soft as pancakes so I know it's going to be negative . The witch should be here soon it's only a matter of time but I'm cool with it as I treat every month as a new one and a new ray of hope! One day I will catch that good egg . I hope you however get a better result than me this month, if not keep trying and you'll get there! . Same applies to you Sassy .

SydneyNat, I think you're stressing too much. CD8/9 is early for ovulation and some people surge for a few days before they actually ovulate. The fact that you've not gotten a smiley doesn't mean you don't ovulate. Just keep testing. Test twice a day till you get your surge, I'm sure you will get it but be patient. I can't comment on your hospital as I'm no doctor but I strongly believe you still ovulate. Buy the internet cheapies so you can test at will, I promise you it will happen! Don't take the hospitals results as gospel, just saying .

and to us all. Have a great week and hope to hear some positive news from us all soon!

9 years ago • Post starter

Eat2nourish I so hope this iui works for you!!!

Sunsets, your temp will drop as estrogen increases and your body is preparingto oovulate. I bet you ovulate soon. Test at least twice a day with your opk.

I am 5/6 dpo so holding out to test.

9 years ago

Yeah, I know CD8/9 is early, but according to the past two months of ovulation tracking I've had at the fertility clinic, that's when I ovulate.

Nothing on yesterday's stick.

I've been testing since CD5.

It's very strange that this one month that I'm not tracking through the clinic I don't have an LH surge at the time I usually do.

The Maybe Baby this morning also didn't show very fertile, however I find that thing REALLY hard to decipher.

If I'm going by temperature, it was the lowest I've ever had it this morning.

I use celcius (being in Australia).

My usual temp is 36.9

Sunday it was 36.3, yesterday it was 36.1 and today it was 35.9.

It drops when you are ovulating, right?

9 years ago

Mine drops when I am preparing to ovulate then will rise as I get an lh surge because prog is what makes it rise and release the egg. I will see if I can attach my chart.

9 years ago

<a href="http://www.fertilityfriend.com/home/1af80">My Ovulation Chart</a>

See if this works...I use opk and clear blue easy fertility monitor. You will see I had a rise with my peak

9 years ago

Thanks Angelgirldel that would be really helpful!

Hmm...perhaps I am ovulating later than usual this month.

9 years ago

Early pregnancy symptoms by day past ovulation

What signs and symptoms are most common on each day past ovulation?

Advertisement

Pregnancy test statistics

Select your day past ovulation to see the statistics and to get an understanding of what result you can expect.

Select your day past ovulation
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo