Community post

Discussion

Looking for ladies in their 40's TTC

View Full Post

Hello :)
I was wondering if they are any ladies out there in their 40's ttc. Please add me as a friend and we can support each other along the way.
I'm trying for another child but have had a few losses along the way but not ready to give up just yet, not while I know they're still some eggs just waiting to be caught!
and to every single one of you out there!

583 Replies • 9 years ago

Advertisement

Pregnancy test calculator

Use this calculator to help you decide when to take your first home pregnancy test.

361 - 370 of 583 Replies | Last Page

BabyAngelG, it would be absolutely wonderful if you got a BFP before you saw a RE! Good luck this cycle!

SydneyNat, I'm sorry this is not your cycle . You never know, there may be a chance in your future.

Onemorebaby, yay! Glad you are still with us oh fearless leader!. I know how you feel about the despair with every passing cycle. I really feel your pain, too, but I keep trying to educate myself on what worked for others our age. Now I have a RE, acupuncturist & soon a nutritionist. Aww shucks, thanks for the compliment. I'm trying to do "everything" with the guidance of my professional help to get a baby...and most of all stay positive, like you!

Karamyl, . I'm glad your RE saw everything is exactly as it should be. That's so awesome you are able to get a BFP so quickly in a year. I wish I had your genetics, nutrition, what is it? I think your dream is just your daytime fear expressing itself. It's ok to be afraid, but try to stay positive.

Friedman, that's so giving of you to adopt, and sisters at that. Really nice for your family. A really good friend of mine had a child naturally at age 43, mainly with tweaking her diet, exercise routine & doing reflexology. She also read a lot of books on fertility. There is still hope.

AFM, I'm on CD9 & recently transitioned from femara to gonal f for this IUI cycle. I am officially freed from checking my glucose levels 4 times a day, as they have all been normal. I just have to check once a week now. Since my skin has been getting itchy when I do IVF/IUI, my endocrinologist said I could take an extra synthroid once a week for my hypothyroidism. The nutritionist hasn't contacted me yet, but I should be seeing them next week. I'm really excited & hopeful and seems like I don't get down so much when I get a BFN. May all of our dreams come true!

9 years ago

Where is everybody?
I saw a very faint line on my OPK tonight. I'm a little concerned I may ovulate before I trigger later this week, which will probably be on Thursday. I hope and pray I get at least one good quality egg. Hope you all are having a good week so far!

9 years ago

Hello�� I'm 41 yo n I've been ttc for the past 18months I had a chemical pregnancy about 1 year ago it was devastating for me I have two teenagers n with my new husband I dnt have any kids he we both want a baby but it's not happening,anyways I'm about 5 days bfore my period and lately I been feeling tired but I blame work n kind of sad n I blame it on that my husband is out of town, so today I feel really bloated pressure on pelvic area n some pinching I dnt want to get my hopes high n I dnt want to test I'm afraid of neg results can I get some advice thank you!

9 years ago

Hello:) I'm in the same page I'm 41 yo n I just wonder if it's gonna happen soon I'm not getting any younger I guess we jst have to b positive about it n u knw how they say good things come for those who Waite!I Will Jay b ready when god decides to send me My lil one :)

9 years ago

Good morning ladies !
Friedman welcome to the group, it's really great you wanting to adopt two sisters, that's one of the most amazing things anyone can do. Those children will be so loved I'm sure of it and in turn I'm also sure you'll be blessed with your own biological child and . Wishing you all the best.

eat2nourish hopefully this is your month, I don't think you should worry too much about there being a line on your OPK, it doesn't necessarily mean you're going to surge or ovulate so soon. Perhaps keep and eye on it and let the hospital know. I'm sure they know what they're doing. I'm keeping everything crossed for you too that you get a couple of good eggs!! Don't stress ok it will be fine!

Welcome to the group Cassyvela, sorry about your previous loss . I hope this too is your month, we might be on the same time for cycles as I'm 9dpo today and I'm not even tempted to test for the first time ever! I might test perhaps 11dpo as I'm fed up of disappointments. I had a dream last night that was so real, I had 2 stark dark lines on a test (which I've never used before) and I was shocked as I had no symptoms. Anyway they say dreams come true so I hope that's true of the one I had and the ones for us all!

Take care everyone and and anywhere you are in your cycle!

9 years ago • Post starter

Greetings, Ladies!

Popping in to announce, I am now officially a member of this noble club (turned 40 last Friday!) and as a b'day treat we went for a private scan where we found out it's a girl! Looking very relaxed and healthy, with her long legs propped up and hands behind her head (just imagining that ) Have a look at the 16 week old Bean if you like:

https://lh4.googleusercontent.com/-oNp_uJY0blQ/VCwBI8mxBNI/AAAAAAABe5M/bjQdF8Oi-CE/w1288-h858-no/IMG_7251.JPG

As usual sending all buckets of

Thinking of all of you and keeping my fingers crossed

9 years ago

babybean that is a beautiful picture!!! I hope to see one of those soon. I am ovulating today I am pretty sure. Positive opk yesterday. We bd the last three nights and maybe will get one in today. My ovaries hurt so bad last night so hopefully it will be a really healthy egg.

How is everyone else doing?

eat2nourish you can have faint lines for a while so hopefully everything will be timed perfect for your trigger shot.

9 years ago

Welcome Cassyvela! Hope you enjoy the group!

Onemorebaby, I just read your cover page. I feel your pain . It's a lot of trying and taking a lot of patience, but I try not to think about it. I hope you feel better. I've decided I'm not going to test anymore until14dpo, let's see if I can hold out.

Baby_bean. Beautiful photo! Thanks for sharing with us. Welcome to the "noble 40 club".

Angelgirldel, Happy ovulation day! Looks like you planned bding perfectly. I hope this is your month.

AFM-nothing new, just awaiting for acupuncture & RE appt tomorrow. I'll find out when to trigger then. I've been doing really good staying away from sweets, but all I want right now (& last night) is a piece of hot apple pie a la mode....drizzled with melted Ghirardelli chocolate & caramel, and a cherry on top... all of this sitting on a sliced banana with whip cream somewhere in there....blame it on my hormones!

9 years ago

Eat2nourish that sounds absolutely DELICIOUS! lol

9 years ago

LOL!!!! Angelgirdel I didn't make it clear, but I'm actually trying to stay away from chocolate & you're no help! , but thanks for the compliment! Now I'm going to have to give in and make a tiny weeny itsy bitsy one of those tonight. If you were here, I'd share it with you to "be nice" (translated, a good way to get rid of half of it! Mwahahaha!)

9 years ago

Early pregnancy symptoms by day past ovulation

What signs and symptoms are most common on each day past ovulation?

Advertisement

Pregnancy test statistics

Select your day past ovulation to see the statistics and to get an understanding of what result you can expect.

Select your day past ovulation
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo