Community post

Discussion

Looking for ladies in their 40's TTC

View Full Post

Hello :)
I was wondering if they are any ladies out there in their 40's ttc. Please add me as a friend and we can support each other along the way.
I'm trying for another child but have had a few losses along the way but not ready to give up just yet, not while I know they're still some eggs just waiting to be caught!
and to every single one of you out there!

583 Replies • 9 years ago

Advertisement

Pregnancy test calculator

Use this calculator to help you decide when to take your first home pregnancy test.

91 - 100 of 583 Replies | Last Page

Hi, dawniem, great to hear you're taking better care of yourself, I am on Pregnacare Max plus Omega 3 since January and during this cycle I managed to ram some Vitabiotix Conception for Him into my partner, it takes two you know

I looked at the multivitamin you mentioned and it contains Vitamin A? I'm sure it's a perfectly safe amount, I think it's just good to remember not to take any other supplements, eye-drops etc. that might contain extra Vit A or beta-caroten, or if you addicted to carrots

How am I feeling? Physically, the only thing that's unusual for me is feeling absolutely knackered towards the end of the day, which started on 8 DPO right after a stabbing pain in lower right area followed by a sudden offset of headache, which I've concluded now to be the little bean implanting itself :)
Emotionally, I think the best word to describe it is: just hopeful. Feels weird not to be able to just relax and enjoy. All my previous pregnancies, although none of them planned, I just took for granted, "I'm pregnant, that's it, let's think of the names and look for a pram". Now, I'm just scared and feel I won't dare to plan or buy anything until this baby is finally born and safe in my arms.
I'm so paranoid, I won't even smell the real coffee, only decaf (yuk) for me, same with tea. I do smell my partner's red wine though
I also stopped my beloved regular yoga class and maybe will look for a pregnancy yoga instead.
Gosh, enough about me, could go on forever!

How is it going with all of you, beautiful ladies?
xxx

9 years ago

oh, I meant to add this link, if you haven't seen it yet: http://natural-fertility-info.com/preparing-for-conception-over-40.html
Lots of info and links, diet, hormones etc.
All about progesterone, natural sources and how to use the cream: natural-fertility-info.com/progesterone-fertility-guide

9 years ago

Hi babybean - yes, those first few weeks are so trying. Stay strong and grounded - I used to remind myself that hundreds of thousands of women all over the world give birth every day, even in the most squalid or horrendous of conditions... here we are in the western world with the best medicine, clean water... I will keep sending you positive thoughts.

It's especially hard when everyone is telling you to relax! So does that mean you have told your husband?

Yeah, know what you mean about the vitamin A on the multivitamin - it did worry me but I checked with Nutri (And Dr Google) and a small amount is needed but needs to be in betacarotene form otherwise it's retinol.... the nutritionist has reassured me it is safe.

weirdly feeling ovulation pain in my left side - and it's only CD 3 - maybe my ovaries are warming up?

take care and stay positive

9 years ago

thanks for the link babybean - will have a read xx

9 years ago

Dawniem - I'm on cd9 today. Have had similar little sharp pains in my left side so hoping that's the big O. According to my BBT and opk's it is so I'm keeping up with the BD's more this month than last. LOL I'll give my hubby a break once I'm past my cd16! I'm very glad to hear you are taking vitamins again. It's important to KEEP taking care of ourselves no matter what! I too am 'trying' to take the approach of what will be will be, but darn it I"m going to try to help out as much as possible. I've got to have some good eggies left somewhere!!

Baby Bean - I am so happy for you! As I was reading your posts I felt in complete agreement with you. I am hoping and praying for a , but then if I do get one I can imagine being nervous for at least the next 10 weeks... maybe more. You have a lot of prayers and well wishes coming your way so please take heart in that! Just keep taking care of yourself and enjoy every day! We are here if you need us.

Hope everyone has a great day!

User Image

9 years ago

Hello TTC ladies , I hope everyone is having a good day.

dawniem I bought it online and I'm finding it really easy to use honestly, I should've bought it months ago but I'm the kind of person who's too scared to even take paracetamol for a headache, now though give me whatever and I'll try it . You use a little bit like 1/4 to 1/2 a teaspoon and rub it into your wrists, face, neck, upper chest, boobs, inner arms, palms of hands and feet. It's harmless, use it from 1dpo and then when you know you're preg keep using it till you speak to Dr etc, don't just come off it. If AF arrives or if you know you're definitely not pregnant then stop using it till the next TWW. I hope that's clear? .

I like you have been taking care of myself. I workout quite a bit in the gym and eat quite well so I feel and pray that the sticky bean sticks soon!.

I'm so pleased you're feeling ok baby bean, try to relax and you'll be just fine. I see no reason why you wouldn't be honest. You have a great advantage, you're not 40 yet , think about that and relax ok? , you're one of the babies of the group and thanks for the link, I've saved it and will have a read when I relax later after work. I love reading things like that. .

I'm 8dpo today OR 1dpo. I don't chart and can't be bothered to do it to be honest and this cycle I thought I O'd on CD12 which I thought was a bit early for the cycle because of my 6w mc in May. So I thought I felt bad twinges last night which felt like O pains to me and when I looked at my calender it showed I was actually supposed to O then, so will wait and see. If AF shows next week I'll know I was right the first time, if not then I was wrong . Either way I'm ok with it, like you say what will be will be and I'll do what it takes to make it happen. Have a great day everyone and lots of and and to the lovely ladies already pregnant.

9 years ago • Post starter

well, to you onemorebaby. Will keep my fingers crossed.

I am having the weirdest cycle - i had masses of EWCM (sorry tmi) before AF on Monday. I usually have a little but this was my usual mid-cycle amount. Then I had ovulation pains on CD1/2. Then on cd4 an OPK I took (I know, I don't know why I used it so early either!) came out positive. I used OPKs over the last few days and were all dark second lines until today which was almost invisible.

This morning my BBT is at my usual post-ovulation temps. So, did I ovulate again, while I was on AF? I've googled it and it can happen.....

anyway I will see what happens this cycle but clearly not a cycle to get hopes up about ttc.

to everyone.

How are you BabyAngelG and baby bean?
xx

9 years ago

Hi Dawniem - I'm on cd12 and going crazy with opk tests! LOL Dh and I are bd every other day to increase our chances. Other than that just trying to take it easy and relax this month instead of stressing. I feel less emotional this cycle so that's a good sign.
Wow girl that is a crazy cycle. I have never heard of that before, but what do I know...obviously it can happen. LOL Just keep taking good care of yourself and I will keep you in my prayers.
I have been praying for all of us ladies. & !

User Image

9 years ago

Wow dawniem, that's strange , mind you I'd never think to test after my period so I don't know what goes on with this old body of mine either but I think the best thing is to as much as possible or at least every couple of days so there's always sperm there incase you do ovulate randomly. though and let's keep everything crossed

I've been having negative HPT's so I know it's only a matter of time before AF shows her ugly face , I'm ok with that as at least I get a month without being pregnant, in a way my body gets a rest but hopefully it doesn't rest next month .

BabyAngel, don't stress too much about the opk's, test once in the morning and once in the evening and you should be ok. You'll O soon I'm sure, it's early yet. , in the meantime you're doing everything right and it's great you're relaxing as well.

I hope you're all great lovely ladies!

9 years ago • Post starter

Hey dawniem, don't lose hope because of the weird cycle! Mine was weird too, the system didn't even think I ovulated at all, and here I am, as knocked up as one can be ...so far so good...

So... I did tell my partner over the weekend. I could sense he was getting anxious and I couldn't justify all those afternoon naps anymore
Now we're both deciding when to tell the kids and the immediate family - we'll be spending 3 weeks with his parents in France soon, the land of wine and cheese, don't think we'll be able to hide it for long

Just hoping the bean sticks...

How is it going, BabyAngel and Onemorebaby?
Sending masses of and with all my fingers and toes crossed for you all!

9 years ago

Early pregnancy symptoms by day past ovulation

What signs and symptoms are most common on each day past ovulation?

Advertisement

Pregnancy test statistics

Select your day past ovulation to see the statistics and to get an understanding of what result you can expect.

Select your day past ovulation
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo