Community post

Discussion

Looking for ladies in their 40's TTC

View Full Post

Hello :)
I was wondering if they are any ladies out there in their 40's ttc. Please add me as a friend and we can support each other along the way.
I'm trying for another child but have had a few losses along the way but not ready to give up just yet, not while I know they're still some eggs just waiting to be caught!
and to every single one of you out there!

583 Replies • 9 years ago

Advertisement

Pregnancy test calculator

Use this calculator to help you decide when to take your first home pregnancy test.

421 - 430 of 583 Replies | Last Page

Thanks busterdog for telling me your story its a hard road n when a beautiful soul lights it up with an amazing story like yours it gives so much hope.
Send all my love to you and your beautiful little family.

I'm stepping off this road now. Not because I don't want to but its all I think about n its taking over.
I made the decision last night after a melt down.

I wish everyone baby dust n lots of love.

My name is Sandi, good luck ladies xxxx

9 years ago

Angelgirldel, praying for you that this is your lucky cycle! Have you tried bding every other day in the past? Some say that schedule works better to get a bfp, but I don't know if it's true. Fx for you!

Busterdogs, you are such a brave lady! I've thought about all the options you mentioned & I know how tough the decision can be. I'm happy things are going along so smoothly for you. "Well within normal" sounds so good! Let us know how the perinatologist appointment goes tomorrow.

Anyone else using gonal f this cycle? They changed to type of pen/injectable apparatus, so I think I gave myself an extra 25 units last night =(. We'll see how things look on my US tomorrow, so nothing I can do about it right now.

Hope the rest of us lovely over 40 ladies are doing well.

9 years ago

Eat2nourish thanks! I have tried that in the past and it didn't work. I researched and the information I found is that it doesn't diminish the quality of sperm for every day and I thought we would give it a try again. That is how we conceived our rainbow baby. I sure hope it happens this time. I am praying so hard and it is hard not to get discouraged each month.

Busterdogs I am so excited that everything is going well for you.

Eat2nourish praying this cycle works for you! Maybe the extra will give an extra little boost without any harm.

9 years ago

Hi ladies, , it's good to know we're all getting on with things the best way we can.
Congrats karamyl and wishing you lots of . Good news on the tests too Busterdogs! Before you know it you'll be holding your babies in your arms!

Smiling4us I thought you had an appointment with the doctor to discuss things? I understand you wanting to take a break as it does tend to take over and I wish you all the best. Sometimes it happens when we're not even trying so it's not over yet.

eat2nourish you actually made me laugh out loud when I read your comment about giving yourself an extra 25 units, was that a mistake or was it intentional? Either way I hope it works a treat anyway and you get your at the end of the cycle.

9 years ago • Post starter

Eat2nourish,

You're not the first person I've heard have some issues with those pens -- the lady in the blog link below had the same problem when they were going through their IVF cycle.

http://yeahscienceblog.com/2013/01/21/day-4-and-were-all-confused/

In the end she had a perfectly fine pregnancy and healthy baby boy, so maybe that will help put your mind at ease. Since I've been on PIO butt shots and estrace tablets and Lupron I personally think it's a bit of voodoo anyway :)

Good luck all!

9 years ago

Angelgirdel, oooohhh then hope the every day of bding works soon for you. I know how it feels to try not to get discouraged each month.

Onemorebaby, I actually did not intend to give myself the extra shot. That new pen is tricky if you're used to the old one. I'm trying really, really hard to mimic everything perfectly as it was in January, including stable hormone levels. The extra has/had me worried. My RE today kind of felt like I did, it would have been better to not have done that, but nothing we can do to change things now. I really don't want to grow the eggs too fast b/c I'm afraid of ovulating a bunch of immature eggs.

Busterdogs,what are PIO butt shots?
Also, thanks for the link. I'm glad I'm not the only one getting confused about the new gonal f pens. The old ones were easy peasy. No guesswork, just some very simple math every now and then.

9 years ago

Am I the oldest one here?? I'm 46 & ttc my 5th baby..I've had 6 pregnancy. 4 kids. 2 miscarriages.I'm testing tomorrow or Friday! In NEED of alot of support please! :)THANKS

9 years ago

PIO is Progesterone in Oil shots. They are one way to get progesterone supplementation thru about 10 weeks until the placenta takes over. The upside is they are effective and dosing is straightforward and less messy than vaginal suppositories. Downside is they are a monster 22g needle (to me, the big baby, anyway) that gets injected into your upper outer buttocks. The inject sites tend to get painful and a bit lumpy.

Anyway, happy to have those things in the rearview mirror!

I had the first Perinatologist appointment yesterday, and can tell I'm really going to like all the extra attention I am going to get. I have to go every two weeks to get checked, primarily for the twins blood flow to make sure there isn't an imbalance. I like the office and doctor.

I also learned yesterday that these are likely .... (drumroll please) ... boys!

There is still tons of risk with everything going on, but I am working hard to stay healthy and calm.

All the best to everyone. I know how hard TTC can be, and I can't help feeling I both cheated and got incredibly lucky. All the best ladies!!

9 years ago

For anyone who may want to purchase from the Fertile Soul Store (I used them for helping balance hormones in conceiving Colston) I received an email in the mail that says you can use this coupon code till 11/2 for 15% off coupon code: HAPPYFALL

9 years ago

BJwengerd, welcome to the group! That's great yiou have 4 kids, so you know your body knows how to do things right. I'm sorry about your miscarriages. Have you decided on testing today or tomorrow??? Share w/us!

Busterdogs, thanks for explaining PIO shots. This is my first time ever hearing of them. Lol, you big baby! I'm one, too . Does your RE recommend taking them thru 10 wks no matter your level of progesterone once you have a bfp? That's great you are getting attention every 2 weeks. Yay!! on boys!! Girls are great, too, but I've always wanted to have a boy to carry on the family name (Is that shallow?). Have you picked out names yet? Wow, I'm all about 20 questions this morning...lol, sorry!

Angelgirldel, thanks for the coupon code.

AFM, nothing new except I had a pleasant dream last night about my chart. I had a nice thick green coverline that had temp levels waaaay above it that lasted for months. I have another RE appt today to check on follicles & make sure my estrogen level isn't starting to drop (indicating impending O).

9 years ago

Early pregnancy symptoms by day past ovulation

What signs and symptoms are most common on each day past ovulation?

Advertisement

Pregnancy test statistics

Select your day past ovulation to see the statistics and to get an understanding of what result you can expect.

Select your day past ovulation
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo