Community post

Discussion

Looking for ladies in their 40's TTC

View Full Post

Hello :)
I was wondering if they are any ladies out there in their 40's ttc. Please add me as a friend and we can support each other along the way.
I'm trying for another child but have had a few losses along the way but not ready to give up just yet, not while I know they're still some eggs just waiting to be caught!
and to every single one of you out there!

583 Replies • 9 years ago

Advertisement

Pregnancy test calculator

Use this calculator to help you decide when to take your first home pregnancy test.

301 - 310 of 583 Replies | Last Page

Hi Girls,

I can see there are positive and good news
Nice to hear a good news! :)
I'm on my dpo 5 so do I have to have some sing already ! I don't have yet
Expect backache, fatigue !

9 years ago

I have cramps too but I'm not feel like I'm pregnant! I know it might be too early ?? But I felt almost all early pregnancy sign at my first pregnancy!
I went hospital today and done unirne test so there is blood :( so they are going to invistagete which means I need to do CTV scan and two other too! I'm bit scared but what can I! I need to be positive and wait for result!
See life is full of surprise! Never know what is going to happen next day!
I'm trying to live in present rather than think for next day as I don't know if I'm going to have it or stay healthy!

Have a good day for everyone :)

9 years ago

BabyAngelG, How are you feeling today? I feel some sort of anxious excitement during this tww.Haha...I just caught myself calculating my days po to see if we could get some great news on the same day.

Karamyl, wouldn't it be great if all us cycle buddies had our BFP around the same time? Lol @ your phatom symptoms, they're contagious. I'm sorry about you having more shots, but happy you have possibly found the solution to your problem.

SydneyNat, It's great that you have such a supportive DP. My RE told me the same (5%), but I didn't know it would take 2 yrs. I think positivity is one of the key factors to a BFP.. I'm glad you are/will be tracking ovulations b/c I didn't before I started my supplement buffet, so who knows what was really happening each month. I also strongly feel I was not BDing at the right time. Your stepdaughter is going to be very blessed to actually have 2 mothers who really, really love them. xoxo

Newlife2015, I'm sorry about the bleeding, perhaps it was implantation blood? Let us know how the scans turn out.

AFM, I'm hanging in there @6dpo. I feel rather happy b/c I know I will get a BFP one way or the other. 2 of my sisters informed me recently that they have always had cysts on their ovaries & didn't think to mention it to me. 3 also said ( I have a very large family :-)) that they had "autoimmune issues" while pregnant/not pregnant years ago, but none recently. So, I'll get testing for lupus after this TWW since it would be really important, but I don't want to rock the boat until that time.

9 years ago

I am cautiously optimistic this month. I had to go back to the clinic for ultrasound and blood test this morning for my OV tracking.

I have two eggs!!! One on each side. They are a good size as well for this point in the cycle, 18.5 and 18.9, and my endometrial layer is nice and thick.

This could be my month!

I told the nurse I'm having acupuncture and mentioned that I didn't want to tell our fertility doctor when I saw her the other day in case she pooh-poohed the idea. I didn't want to hear any negativity because at this point I really have faith in it.

The nurse said my Dr is a big believer in acupuncture and that she would have encouraged it, so that's good to know.

Update: The nurse just called from the clinic with my blood test results from this morning's blood. I'm definitely ovulating - day 9 of my cycle! - and my LH surge is really strong. She said that's fantastic and that DP and I have to do it morning and night for the next few days. I'm about to go and meet him for lunch and tell him the news. I better feed him spinach for dinner tonight LOL.

If I do get pregnant this month I'm going to buy my acupuncturist a gift! He performed a miracle on my cousin, so fingers crossed he'll do the same for me.

9 years ago

I've not been on this board before (usually on the monthly one) and sorry to butt in but wanted to say please please don't give up hope, it can happen!
I'm nearly 40 and dh 45 and on Monday we got our BFP after 10 months of ttc. The only thing different this month is that we bd every 36 hours (to give dh sperm time to mature/multiply) from Cd10 to Cd20. I have absolutely no idea if this helped us or if it was a fluke.
to everyone still waiting x

9 years ago

Wishingwewere4 that is awesome encouragement! Thank you for sharing.

It seems everyone is having positive things going on.

Syndey that is super exciting!!! Crossing my fingers for you!

eat2nourish we are on the same cycle. I am 5dpo.

I have started my luteal phase herbal sup and prog cream. Now I am just waiting the long tww.

Praying we have some BFP coming our way with all of us!

9 years ago

Well I held out to test until 12 dpo and it was BFP (See HPT image at 12 dpo #314218). Not as dark as I would like though. It's hard to get too optimistic as this is my 5th pregnancy in a year. Two back-to-back miscarriages and two back-to-back chemicals...

I am anxiously awaiting to hear from you eat2nourish and BabyAngelG as we are all cycle buddies! I pray that both of you also get BFPs!

By the way, that whole 5% chance to conceive after 40 is nothing to get worked up about. I have no idea what that statistic is based on, but for me 5 BFP/10 months TTC (2 months of the last 12 do not count as they were reset from D&C)= 50%!!! Now if I could just get one healthy one one to stick!

Every woman is different!

9 years ago

Karamyl!!!! That is WONDERFUL news! Don't they say baby can implant anywhere from 7 to 12 days? That may be why it is lighter than you want. Maybe baby just implanted?

Either way I am crossing fingers and praying he/she sticks for you.

9 years ago

Hi Ladies,

Wow, all sorts of exciting news to read up on everybody! I do have to say I admire how knowledgeable everyone is about their bodies and cycles etc. I only ever learned the "essentials," never did a great job tracking. Then again, I was never really actively trying to get pregnant. When I decided to go the donor egg route, I really didn't have to think. I fear I'm a little ignorant/lazy about what's going on :P

Okay, so today at 6w5d we had another ultrasound, and yes!, I got to hear two little heartbeats. It caught me by surprise because I thought it was my heartbeat when the tech turned on the sound. She said "nope, that's the bean's!". Way cool. On the downside, we didn't definitively spot the membrane, and when the tech pointed where she thought it was to the doc, but the doc shut that down, didn't want to jump to a conclusion yet.

On that note, my Doc is a little "abrupt" by many standards, and it kinda cracks me up. She's already cited that 50% of the pregnancies of my type don't get past 20 weeks. I honestly shake my head at it a little bit because she seems to be citing some dated statistics. Then again, she's the Fertility Expert, she gets embryos landed, not the Perinatologist. We'll cross whatever bridges when we get to it, thank you very much Dr. Sunshine.

So that's all for now. HBs heard, growth tracking well, living in the moment.

Baby dust -n- stuff to all!

9 years ago

Hi everyone old and new it's so good to come on and read about all the positivity going on. Congrats on your Karamyl I've taken a look and it does look fine to me, you don't know when you implanted and if you haven't tested earlier then you can't compare it to anything, fingers crossed it's darker tomorrow so here's to more positivity and . and lots of .

and to you too Busterdogs, I'm sure you'll be fine. I can't stand stupid negativity from doctors sometimes, fair enough they're the experts but they're not God! They don't know and everyone is different so I hope the membrane is found. I don't know what it all means, what happens if there's no membrane? I wish you all the best and I like the way you're taking everything in your stride and don't seem to be stressing, I wish I could take a leaf out of your book!

Nothing new with me except for the fact that my sister has offered to donate her eggs to me if I finally decide I'm going down that route so I'm really happy and pleased that at least there is light at the end of this tunnel!

and lots of to each and everyone of us here and hope to keep hearing good news!

9 years ago • Post starter

Early pregnancy symptoms by day past ovulation

What signs and symptoms are most common on each day past ovulation?

Advertisement

Pregnancy test statistics

Select your day past ovulation to see the statistics and to get an understanding of what result you can expect.

Select your day past ovulation
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo