Community post

Discussion

Looking for ladies in their 40's TTC

View Full Post

Hello :)
I was wondering if they are any ladies out there in their 40's ttc. Please add me as a friend and we can support each other along the way.
I'm trying for another child but have had a few losses along the way but not ready to give up just yet, not while I know they're still some eggs just waiting to be caught!
and to every single one of you out there!

583 Replies • 9 years ago

Advertisement

Pregnancy test calculator

Use this calculator to help you decide when to take your first home pregnancy test.

461 - 470 of 583 Replies | Last Page

SydneyNat
You shouldn't feel like that tho it's not too late let me tell u something I work at a Dr's office n I had a pt 46 yo with a 4 yo child n guess what she was pregnant she said she could not believe it cuz the Dr's had told her she was going through menopause so u knw wat they say it's easier for a woman to get pregnant while on menopause.That gave me hope plus my grandmother had her last child at 48 I have a brother that is older then him go figure.So we have to have faith and pray to god to send us that lil person I knw how u feel cuz I have felt like that bfore.Im a few days away from my AF n trust me I wish this month would b the month I dnt get it and get a big fat POSITIVE !!!!!

9 years ago

We have a BFP! Found out the day after Thanksgiving. Dr. is calling out Progesterone as a precaution and my first appt. will be Jan 2nd. Please pray baby stays safe and healthy. We are over the moon happy!!

9 years ago

Angelgirl!!! Congratulations! Fantastic news

I haven't posted in a while but I'm still with you ladies and trying to read all the posts, still crossing my fingers for everyone!

9 years ago

Angelgirl,

Congratulations! How exciting! A healthy and happy nine months! So exciting to hear this news!

I'm now nearly 20 weeks along, and things have been going well. I'm happy to report I have a competent cervix! Haha, that just cracks me up. I'm also starting to look like a tank. A big fat pregnant tank ;)

All the best to everyone! A special shout-out to Sydney -- I hope you're still reviewing options. Look where it got old 46 year old me.

Smooches!

9 years ago

Duplicate!

9 years ago

Very many congratulations Angelgirdle!! .

Hello to everyone. Sorry I've not really been on the forum I just try to keep this TTC business away from my head as much as possible . Each month that goes by I lose a bit more hope but still refuse to give up...I know my baby is just round the corner, well I hope.

and and to everyone of you whichever applies. Hoping for the best outcomes over Christmas and for the New Year. Love you all!

9 years ago • Post starter

Hello ladies

It's been a while since I posted. But I saw AngelGirlde's announcement and just had to say !!!!!!!

Also, I cannot stress enough: DO NOT GIVE UP! IT CAN HAPPEN TO YOU!

ALso: If you have the means (financially, etc.) to do IUI/IVF then DO IT!!!! It can only increase your odds and at a faster rate! Every day that goes by our eggs get older, which decreases our chances to have a healthy pregnancy free of genetic abnormalities. Also my RE said at my age skip the Clomid and go straight to the shots! We do not have time to test the waters with our big toes! JUMP IN! BE as AGGRESSIVE as you can!

At age 44 and after a year of trying, 4 pregnancy losses, and 3 IUI's I am finally 15 weeks 4 days pregnant with a seemlngly healthy baby girl! I had the MaterniTi21 blood test at 12 weeks and found out she tested negative for Down's Syndrome (trisomy 21) and negative for Trisomy 13 and 18!!!!!!!! I also found out very early that she is a girl! Also, because I am high risk due to my age I have a ultrasound almost every week.

I really hope all of you the best and keep trying! I know it can be discouraging

P.S. Ladies there is something your male partner can do as well (remember it takes 2 to tango - don't put it all on you!). It increased my husband's healthy sperm count 3-fold from 7M-21M after a couple months of eating these (I believe this had a positive factor in our recent success with this baby girl!). Tell your man to eat at least 1 brazil nut a day (as my husband did - just 1 a day!). See this article:
http://virilityprotocol.com/5-reasons-men-need-eat-brazil-nuts/

It's the sellinium in the nut (a component of sperm) that increases his fertility!

Good Luck!!

9 years ago

Oh wow! Angelgirldel THAT'S SO FANTASTIC. CONGRATULATIONS!

It's stories like this that make me question my decision to give up.

I'm torn now.

I wish you the very best and happiest nine months possible. Go you!

Congrats to you and your DP. I'm so thrilled for you.

Busterdogs, congrats on the 20 week mark. How exciting!

Karamyl, I'm so happy to hear it's all going well for you.

Onemorebaby, hang in there. Lots of baby dust flying around at the moment. I hope it's catching ;-)

9 years ago

Thank you Sydney! Honestly, don't give up! With God anything is possible. As Busterdogs says look into every option available. Your time is coming!

9 years ago

Hello Group,

I'm just joining. I'm 40 yrs old (41 early next month) and TTC. This is month 4 for us. As of today I am 3 days past AF with only a few bouts of light spotting. I'm usually regular but have noticed over the past 2 months my cycle moving out a few days to most likely today. :-(

Hubby was checked out and all good there, so its me that has the issue. I have 4 older children from my pervious marriage, and hubby has one from his previous but we are trying to have our first one. I had a tubal reversal back in August of this year, 15 years after having my last child.

This has been a real struggle for me emotionally as I'm sure many of you can relate. I'm to the point of being afraid to test or even have much hope anymore, but then I read some of your stories and I see reasons why to keep holding on.

Thank you for listening.

9 years ago

Early pregnancy symptoms by day past ovulation

What signs and symptoms are most common on each day past ovulation?

Advertisement

Pregnancy test statistics

Select your day past ovulation to see the statistics and to get an understanding of what result you can expect.

Select your day past ovulation
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo