Community post

Discussion

Looking for ladies in their 40's TTC

View Full Post

Hello :)
I was wondering if they are any ladies out there in their 40's ttc. Please add me as a friend and we can support each other along the way.
I'm trying for another child but have had a few losses along the way but not ready to give up just yet, not while I know they're still some eggs just waiting to be caught!
and to every single one of you out there!

583 Replies • 9 years ago

Advertisement

Pregnancy test calculator

Use this calculator to help you decide when to take your first home pregnancy test.

331 - 340 of 583 Replies | Last Page

Welcome to the group Babynumber3forme - I'm sure you'll get your BPF soon :-)

If not, you'll find this is a really supportive group.

Well, it's 7/8dpo for me - the nurse said I ovulated last Wed/Thurs.

I had my blood test just now to determine my progesterone levels. They were fine last month.

If I'm low this month they will give me suppositories.

I took my temperature this morning - something I rarely remember to do. It was 36.3 (Celsius). Normal for me is 36.9.

Can somebody tell me how the temperature thing works? Is it lower when you are ovulating and implanting?

I need to know because if I'm not pregnant we are only going to do one more round of tracking through the clinic, then go it alone.

Judging by the two months of tracking I've had, it looks like I ovulate around 8 or 9 days after AF arrives.

Do any of you also ovulate early in your cycle?

OK, update: I just got today's results. My estrogen is 423 and my progesterone is 63. Apparently that's 'perfect'.

I asked, does that mean I might be pregnant, and she replied that it means the conditions are great.

Mind you, they were great last month as well and I wasn't pregnant.

I'm still putting all my faith in my acupuncturist. My first month of tracking my egg was so so and my endometrial layer was so so.

This cycle I know I had two mature eggs and a nice thick endometrial layer.

Oh please let me be pregnant. I've never wanted anything so bad in all my life.

I'm seeing my acupuncturist tonight after work. Can't wait!!

9 years ago

SydneyNat that is great! TWO eggs! That doubles your chances, right? Praying you get your BFP this time. You can have what is called an implantation drop. I had that with my son. I had cramping with it also and was sure I was going to start which made me upset because it was 7 dpo and I already have a hard time extending my luteal phase. Ended up it was implanation and here he is a chunky 9 month old. Hoping he becomes a big brother soon.

I'm 12 dpo today with a neg hpt and a temp drop so pretty sure the ol' hag is on her way. But here is to next month and my BFP!

9 years ago

Hi Ladies!

Great catching up on everything with everyone through this thread. Nice to see some new ladies besides. What a great group.

Sydney - I'm sure you've heard of it, but I did find the book "Take Charge of Your Fertility" helpful in explaining temperature/hormonal changes. I regret I didn't have the fortitude to really get much more than a glancing education, but did the find the book an excellent reference.

Well we had another ultrasound today at nearly 8 weeks and believe we found a membrane between the twins! Yay! Everything seems to be tracking just fine. Two beans, one pod.

Today's funny anecdote from my Dr. when I asked her if it was safe to color my hair in the first trimester. She responded "Are you kidding? If it wasn't there would never be another pregnant woman in America." She cracks me up.

I've been fairly symptom-free, although I find myself a little more unsettled when I eat too much. I need to eat more smaller meals because if I'm not feeling unsettled, I am freaking STARVING. Last night I had a bowl of cereal at midnight :/

Baby dust all!

9 years ago

Hi Ladies :))

Sydney, I do early ovulation too which I learnt when I start using opk kids! I didn't know that before and miss the egges :((
But we always learn news and never stoped right!
For temperature, mine is spike when I ovulating but implantation is higher than ovulation! I'm on 14dpo and the temperature increases! I'm seveating a lot and still have crams! Planing to do test this Sunday! Let's see what happens!

Busterdog, congracilation :) good news hope everything gone well!

Angelgirl, I'm sorry to hear that :(

Have aovely weekends :)

9 years ago

Angelgirldel it's not over till the fat lady sings. Hang in there, I hope AF doesn't visit and you get your BFP.

Newlife I hope you, too, get your BFP this month.

Buster, that's fantastic news. It's all going well from the sounds of it.

Hopefully I'm joining you in the twin club soon!! I have a strong feeling my two eggs fertilised last week and I'm implanting as we speak.

I'm 9dpo today and have cramps. Different to AF cramps - which would be way too early anyway.

These cramps are lower down. AF cramps are around my belly, these are around the ovary region.

I didn't even ask the nurse if both eggs usually fertilise when there are two, or whether it just means I had double the chance this month, with two targets for the little swimmers to hit, rather than one.

I've always wanted twins. My mum was a twin and my sisters are twins. DP has twins on his side as well, but from what I've read, it's the female that carries the twin gene.

I'm settling in for the longest 8 days of my life! Pregnancy blood test next Saturday. I'm so glad it's on a weekend this time, so DP can be with me when I get the result. Last month the test was on a Monday so we were both at work when I got the result. I want to be with him when I find out so I can either cry on his shoulder, or celebrate like lunatics.

My temp was 36.9 today. 36.3 yesterday. However, I've been googling like a maniac and some women have no temp change when they are pregnant, and others have changes and they are NOT pregnant.

Baby dust and happy baby dancing my friends xox

9 years ago

BabyAngelG, well the migraine came on yesterday. Thanks for the well wishes, tho! Much to you, too. Have fun dancing with dh!

angelgirldel, I'm doing fine. Expecting to visit with all her awful luggage again, lol! I tested almost every day & all are BFN (& today is 14 dpo). We may end up cycle buddies if my AF hurries up.

Mayer51313, did you wear the lead skirt when you got your Xray? Ask for it if they don't offer. And yes, we women are truly unpredictable! GL this cycle. xx

SydneyNat, I'm still trying to figure out the whole BBT maze. I rarely ovulate early, well, except for when I'm on all these supplements my cycle changes a lot. I'm glad your labs are perfect & I do have faith in my acup., too. I hope this is your month!

Busterdogs, Yay for the membrane b/w your twins! I like your RE. And remember to pace your meals, you are eating for THREE . xx

AFM-lots of changes: I'm using a glucometer for the next 2 weeks for an A1C of 6% (I DON'T) have diabetes (all my #s have been well within normal). My RE just wanted to check prior to the next IUI. I've started gentle weightlifting again (just twice a week), I'm actually eating liver every Thursday after my acup visit. I got 2 new herbal bottles from the acup to help balance my hormones & straighten out my cycle. AF should be here in next few days, then I'll be doing an IUI cycle w/femara & gonal f.

Baby dust, lovely ladies! xx

9 years ago

Ok, tomorrow is supposed to be implantation time, I think. All these days and abbreviations are a little confusing. What signs am I looking for? Cramps like AF or different? Bottom line, the 28th can't come soon enough (that's the first day I can look for a bfp.

Thanks ladies for your warm welcome and I wish you all the best of luck!!

9 years ago

Hi Babynumber3forme, here's the link for all these confusing abbreviations: http://www.countdowntopregnancy.com/forum/post.php?postid=1385.I wish I could help with implantation symptoms, but I don't really know them. I use the search bar at the top right corner of this site to help with things. Glad you're part of the group!

9 years ago

Babynumber3forme it looks like you and I are on the same cycle.

I'm 9dpo and I'm booked in for my pregnancy blood test on the 27th.

No AF for me by then doesn't mean pregnancy though, as I found out last month.

Because I ovulate so early in the cycle, I have a long luteal phase.

I had my test on a Monday last month at 16dpo.

AF hadn't arrived, but she wasn't due till 2 days later, on the Wednesday anyway. She turned up, bang on time!

I was so upset because I thought AF was always 14dpo, but the clinic told me that's not true - different women have different luteal phases.

I've been cramping all day. I called the clinic because I'm sure it's implantation cramping. It has to be at 9dpo right? I asked if there's anything I can do to help it 'stick' and the nurse said unfortunately no, there's absolutely nothing I can do. I just have to cross my fingers.

9 years ago

Well ladies the witch has arrived. The good news is that I had a 12 day lp. I haven't had that in a while so it is lengthening. That's the bright side. Now in to a new cycle with positive thoughts on getting that bfp. Praying for all of you to get one also.

9 years ago

Early pregnancy symptoms by day past ovulation

What signs and symptoms are most common on each day past ovulation?

Advertisement

Pregnancy test statistics

Select your day past ovulation to see the statistics and to get an understanding of what result you can expect.

Select your day past ovulation
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo