Community post

Discussion

Looking for ladies in their 40's TTC

View Full Post

Hello :)
I was wondering if they are any ladies out there in their 40's ttc. Please add me as a friend and we can support each other along the way.
I'm trying for another child but have had a few losses along the way but not ready to give up just yet, not while I know they're still some eggs just waiting to be caught!
and to every single one of you out there!

583 Replies • 9 years ago

Advertisement

Pregnancy test calculator

Use this calculator to help you decide when to take your first home pregnancy test.

151 - 160 of 583 Replies | Last Page

Hello Ladies,

I see this thread has been quite busy since I last posted! I recently had two chemical pregnancies back to back (June and July cycles with Follistim and IUI), and have not had the heart to post such negative news. I see some here are pregnant and that is great news! It gives me hope! Especially, after spending $4300 on assisted reproduction in two months with nothing to show for it so far except two BFPs and no baby !! I had 7 eggs ovulate in two months (3 in June and 4 in July) and not one stuck more than a week!! This is also my 4th loss in just under a year of trying! I am going to be 44 in October!

Anyway, this most recent cycle I went in for my baseline scan to start a new round and I had cysts on my ovaries due to the Follistim stimulation the last two months. Apparantly this is totally normal and they will go away by the next month, but the Dr. (RE) told me I had to take a month off the stimulation. I was both disappointed and relieved (relieved to save the $2100 for August!). So my husband and I tried the natural route again this month. I am currently 10 dpo and am really dying to know if I conceived . But I am scared to test, especially this early! Once I start it quickly turns into a POAS obsession :( I don't know how long I can hold out! I am trying for 12 dpo but I am gonna pick up some FRERs this afternoon.

Anyway, I just wanted to check in and say Hi and I wish everyone luck!

9 years ago

baby bean - I've been thinking about you these past few days - so happy to hear about the scan. That's fantastic news.

9 years ago

Hi Pix and Karamyl, it's good to have you back. Sorry to hear about your chemicals Karamyl and hope this month will be the one for you. It's looking good so far and it's great that you fall pregnant, you just need that lucky break like a few of us do too, the sticky part! .

I'm really pleased you're back Pix and taking such a positive approach, we won't let this TTC beat us because we can do it and it's great that we all stick together and support each other the best way we can. We're all basically aiming for one goal and that's a with a sticky bean so tons of to you and everyone else!

To the lovely ladies already pregnant I hope you're all having a nice ride and try not to worry, you'll all be fine! Come here and give us some of that baby luck .

9 years ago • Post starter

Thanks for the warm (re)welcome ladies! I knew I could count on all of you for support. I am so encouraged by the fact that everyone here goes out of their way to stand beside each other during such stressful times.

Baby Bean, so happy for you, please don't forget us here during your We would miss all of your great input and encouragement.

OneMoreBaby and Jazmine, thanks for the nice words. I am very excited to be back.

Karamyl, I am sorry for your losses. Nothing can replace those little angels, but I am hoping that soon you will have a beautiful rainbow baby in your arms! Keep the faith.

Angelgirdel, glad your temp is up, and who cares if it's because of the progesterone, as long as it helps the little bean stick!! FX for you!

AFM - I just got home from my first Acupuncture visit and feeling very relaxed and hopeful. He recommended treatment once a week, and I will do that for the next few months. Then see how it goes. It was lovely feeling so at peace during the treatment. I also am very happy with my new Fertility Yoga dvd, as it really is a great way to reduce tension in the mornings that lasts all day, while focusing intentions for each leg of our monthly journey to conceive. Anyways....sorry to ramble.

to everyone!!

9 years ago

Hi TTCat40. I'm sorry to hear about your enlarged uterus, but hoping you get some answers soon!

CONGRATULATIONS!! baby_bean. I'm glad your little bean has a strong heartbeat. Time will fly by.

Onemorebaby, thanks for posting about not relying solely on the calendar. I'm learning so much from all my TTC sisters!

Pixandpoetry, I remember you! I'm in your boat, too. I agree, it's good to have mutual support during our journeys. I'm sorry for your losses. A supportive OB can make a world of difference in your efforts. I hope you get a BFP soon! I'm also in the TWW. Acupuncture apparently really does help: http://www.cotswold-acupuncture.co.uk/wp-content/uploads/2011/09/Paulus-Protocol1.pdf

Angelgirldel, so glad your temp is up. And just in case you see "clumping" of the cream in the toilet (if using the vaginal cream), it's totally normal.

Karamyl, I'm so sorry for your losses. Sometimes we need time alone to grieve, and that's ok. And the cysts, apparently really normal & my good friend that had very healthy twins last year at age 42, au natural, had had many episodes of cysts. I'll be 44 next Feb & am 8dpo so I'll be stalking you.

AFM, I'm 8dpo and couldn't resist testing, which of course isn't showing good news YET. I'm going to hold off for 3 more days and test again.

9 years ago

Hang in there Eat2Nourish! Sending you sticky vibes!

Hi everyone. I'm so nervous!

I had my bloods taken at the clinic this morning. The nurse just called (I love how efficient they are at this AR Clinic!).

I definitley ovulated over the weekend (they gave me a trigger injection on Friday to make sure).

The nurse said my bloods look 'really good', whatever that means! I feel like this is it. This is my baby!

Now it's just the two week wait. Never before have I felt this nervous.

I have to have one more blood test on Saturday. This test will determine if I need some extra help, like a progesterone suppository.

Then, two weeks from today I have the blood test to see if I'm pregnant.

I'm so hoping this month my egg is good and strong. Praying for a sticky baby!

9 years ago

Hi SydneyNat. Thanks for the sticky vibes...right back to you! I'm so excited for you! Usually they are monitoring your estrogen levels during stimulation time to make sure they are not too high & not too low. Only two more weeks & eeekk, you could get a BFP!! I'm praying that your egg is good & strong, so get plenty of water and plenty of rest =).

9 years ago

Pix I heard acupuncture does wonders when TTC, never tried it myself but it can't hurt and with yoga too, very relaxing! I hope we all get some great news soon.

Eat2 you know 8dpo can be quite early so don't despair, I know how you feel though grrrrrr we test and it's as white as snow and we're despondent, but hang in there, you'll be hopefully pleasantly surprised with a lovely and if for any reason the witch decides to show her face look at it like this, every new cycle is a new chance for a baby! Hope that sounds ok. That's what keeps me going because sometimes I despair really. Good luck and will be keeping my for you! .

SydneyNat that's all exciting news. At least you know where you're at and everything is being done to make sure baby happens so try to relax and take it easy, yes yes yes you just might be pregnant right now!!! I pray that you are with all my heart! Keep us updated and will be thinking about you and crossing everything, except of course my legs! I need those!

I hope everyone else is doing great!

9 years ago • Post starter

OneMoreBaby- I figured the same, acupuncture, yoga, stand on my head, lol, whatever it takes. I'm pretty much ready to try anything.

Eat2nourish - I'm with OneMoreBaby, it isn't over until the witch shows up. And even then, it's just one more chance for you to have that darling baby of your dreams. 8DPO is waaaaaaaay early! Keeping my

SyndneyNat- It's always nice to have a plan. Sometimes I have felt like I am the only one going through this, but as you can see, we all can commiserate with you here

TTCat40- Hopefully your enlarged uterus will not impede you in your efforts. Medicine and technology can be botha blessing and a curse at times. How are you doing?

Angelgirldel, Jazmine, DawnieM and Karamyl - How are you all doing? Any news?

Baby_Bean - How are you feeling? Hopefully morning sickness isn't too bad yet! We're all so excited for you!

AFM - 4DPO and chomping at the bit to test. I loved acupuncture and have another appt Friday. Also am enjoying the LP of the yoga I am doing. Started my progesterone a couple days ago. And now I'm just playing the waiting game.
Wishing you all

9 years ago

Neg test this a.m. but I am only 8 dpo. Just having my doubts this cycle but trying to stay positive. I hate that I constantly torture myself googling statistics of getting prego at 40. Do y'all do the same?

9 years ago

Early pregnancy symptoms by day past ovulation

What signs and symptoms are most common on each day past ovulation?

Advertisement

Pregnancy test statistics

Select your day past ovulation to see the statistics and to get an understanding of what result you can expect.

Select your day past ovulation
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo