Community post

Discussion

Looking for ladies in their 40's TTC

View Full Post

Hello :)
I was wondering if they are any ladies out there in their 40's ttc. Please add me as a friend and we can support each other along the way.
I'm trying for another child but have had a few losses along the way but not ready to give up just yet, not while I know they're still some eggs just waiting to be caught!
and to every single one of you out there!

583 Replies • 9 years ago

Advertisement

Pregnancy test calculator

Use this calculator to help you decide when to take your first home pregnancy test.

491 - 500 of 583 Replies | Last Page

Sydney,

I'm not sure I'd be absolute about calling yourself pre or whatever menopausal. I honestly think I had variations in my period when I was younger (like at peak fertility) that I just never tracked. I think you'd need to have some hormone levels tracked over successive months to be able to see if there really is a trend.

Bottom line: Don't read much into some variation. I believe it's easy to be hypersensitive about it (I certainly was, and look where it got me ;))

9 years ago

SydneyNat - I can be anywhere from 23 - 30 days for my cycle and my doctor says I'm not even premenopausal. The good thing is we are still having regular cycles. There's got to be a good egg in there...somewhere!
I was hoping for a Christmas BFP, but no such luck. I'm on cd8 right now. I think we are going to try naturally for one more month before we buckle down for an IUI. Starting the new year with more vacation time from work will help with that! I don't think my hubby is thrilled with the expense though.

Much and to you all. I hope you had a blessed Christmas!

User Image

9 years ago

Sydney have you ever had your amh tested? I had that to know where I stood.

Today was my first OB apt and we saw a beautiful 8 week baby with a strong 172 heartbeat! God is good!

9 years ago

Hi ladies, happy new year to you all. Let's hope 2015 brings us all that we desire.

BabyAngelG, I know what you mean about expense. My other half does nothing but moan about the cost every time I bring it up - and we are in Australia where it costs just a fraction of what it cost in the USA!

AngelGirlDel, that's fantastic that your little one has a good strong heartbeat. It must have been music to your ears :-)

I had my AMH tested about five months ago. My FS told me the score for my age should be 2.7. It was 2.3, so a little low.

The other problem is, I only have two follicles.

I don't even know what that means!

Have any of you ever wavered in your desire to have a child?

Just these past few days I found myself wondering if I really do want to have a baby, or if I just think I really do because I'm now 43 and childles (44 in March!), and I know my partner wants a child.

I've been through so many emotional lows each month when AF arrives (my partner said Linda Blair moves in!) and today I'm asking myself if it's really what I want?

Maybe it's a defence mechanism?

Those of you who know my story know my other half was casually seeing a girl for a few months early last year and that she fell pregnant the week before he met me.

The baby girl is due next Thursday. I'm struggling with it all. Perhaps I'll relax when she is finally here.

9 years ago

I'll be 47 in July and am ttc. I was pregnant last spring but miscarried in July. I'm gonna test Saturday to see if I'm pregnant again. I have 3 grown children 26, 24, 20 & 13 still at home. So I'm REALLY hoping for a + Saturday :)

9 years ago

Fingers crossed bjwengerd!

May I ask, did you fall pregnant last year naturally?? If so, that's really good!

9 years ago

Yes I did! :) so my Dr said I shouldn't have a problem getting pregnant again. But we've been ttc since Aug :(

9 years ago

Hi Ladies,

Nothing new to report - getting big as a house, frankly. I've outgrown a pair of 42" waist jeans I bought on the cheap and have been wearing with suspenders. The little trick works pretty good for the most part, but I have to almost fully unzip them for comfort when I sit down. At times I look like some hillbilly that crawled out of the Back 40 than a "Glowing" pregnant momma-to-be.

I hope everyone is staying healthy. I've been particularly vigilant with the reported nasty version of the flu this year. Both of my dogs got sick around the holidays with something I can only figure was a doggie GI virus. It took a challenging week to run it's course, and I was getting up 3-4 times a night to take them out at it's worst. And that was on top of my own pee 2-3 times a night.

I hope everyone is having fun. I'm trying to figure out some new ways to erhhmmm "entertain" my husband as I'm really starting to feel clunky instead of anything remotely sexy. At least he's a good sport about it.

Best to all!

9 years ago

Ok....so I was supposed to start my period any day but haven't. Friday had a neg blood test but the day before had a tiny bit of brown mucous discharge. Now today I had some pink very slight when I wiped..so I'm just gonna wait & see what the day brings. I've had an awful headache last couple days worse today :( also very dry sinuses.feeling a little nauseated and light headed & crampy. Please pray I'm pregnant and that it's a healthy one this time..thanks

9 years ago

Hi to everyone! I would like to join in.

I'm 42 and my husband is 37 years old. We have been TTC since I untied my tubes in March of 2014. I have 2 sons 21 & 19 years old from a prior marriage and when we do get pregnant it will be his 1st our 1st together/3rd for me.

My right tubes is block so I'm working with one open tube. However, my RE Dr. K did a sonogram to check my egg reserve bank and I have plenty of eggs awaiting. My AMH was 1.9 on June 16, 2014 and said that was great and it matched what saw on sonogram.

After ovulating for 8 months on the right and only 2 times on my open left side in October and November. We are going to be aggressive with my 1st IUI with femara and FSH Pen injections this go around with a trigger shot.

I will be using progesterone capsule vaginally after 2 day of the IUI for the 2wwk +. I've used clomid for one cycle in May without monitoring and no trigger shot. I ovulated on the right side that was block.

I have thick CM and I know I need to use IUI to help get the sperm to the egg for a and we will see how it goes.

Baby Dust to us all!

9 years ago

Early pregnancy symptoms by day past ovulation

What signs and symptoms are most common on each day past ovulation?

Advertisement

Pregnancy test statistics

Select your day past ovulation to see the statistics and to get an understanding of what result you can expect.

Select your day past ovulation
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo