Community post

Discussion

Looking for ladies in their 40's TTC

View Full Post

Hello :)
I was wondering if they are any ladies out there in their 40's ttc. Please add me as a friend and we can support each other along the way.
I'm trying for another child but have had a few losses along the way but not ready to give up just yet, not while I know they're still some eggs just waiting to be caught!
and to every single one of you out there!

583 Replies • 9 years ago

Advertisement

Pregnancy test calculator

Use this calculator to help you decide when to take your first home pregnancy test.

471 - 480 of 583 Replies | Last Page

Angelgirldel, CONGRATULATIONS!!! I'm so happy for you .

Busterdogs & Karamyl, way to go. I love your milestones.

Welcome to the group Kizmo. Sometimes it gets quiet, but we all still lurk.

I'm in the boring phase...4dpo...of course when I get to day 4 I want to pee on something, but I'm holding out this month. Glad to see the board revived!

9 years ago

Well I'm back in - kind of. I really don't think with my two follicles that I'm going to get pregnant, but my step-sister is going to book tests this week to see if she can be a donor.

My FS poo-poohed the idea when I first raised it back when I started this journey. That's because my sister is 42, only 10 months younger than me.

However - she just gave birth to a very healthy beautiful boy in March this year. He is her sixth child.

I think she's super fertile - she got pregnant with this baby the one time since her five year old was born that she and her husband didn't use protection.

She also didn't get her first period till she was nearly 17, so I'm thinking she still has a few years left of her fertility.

She is going to have an AMH test and the ultrasound to see how many follicles she has.

It can't hurt right?

If she has loads of follicles and a good AMH number I'm going to go ahead with her donor egg. She is really excited and wants to do this for me.

We're very close - our parents have been married since we she was 7 and I was 8 years old, so we feel like real sisters more than step-sisters. This will create a blood bond between our families. Her husband said he was OK with it as long as the kids were on board. She asked the 15, 17 and 19 year olds (but not the 8 yr, 6yr and 9 month old ones LOL). They said go for it! My niece, who just turned 15, wrote me the most beautiful message saying she hopes I have kids so they can see what she sees. It brought me to tears. Happy tears!

For the first time I feel like I'm going to have a baby. I feel so strongly that I'll be celebrating Christmas 2015 with a newborn.

I know it's risky, my sis being 42, actually 43 by the time we extract the egg as her birthday is a month away, but if she's still as fertile now as she was last year, I think it will happen.

Fingers crossed, she is going to see her doctor this week to organise the blood test and ultrasound.

Hang in there Kizmo - 40 is still relatively young. Baby dust to you, I hope you get your BFP soon.

9 years ago

Oh SidneyNat, That is wonderful news! Poopooh on your doctor! Sounds like your step-sister is very fertile. Go for it!

I'm having vague uterine cramping today @ 6dpo, but not much. I've had this before so I don't think it means anything.

Fx for us ladies!

9 years ago

Sydney,

My RE will pull eggs from a screened donor thru age 43. That's her cutoff, and she doesn't sugar coat a damn thing. It was not an option for me as that age was already in my rear-view mirror.

I think this is great news, and I hope your RE will get just as enthusiastic as you & your sister are. Get with the program Doc! :)

Let us know how things progress. We're pulling for you!

9 years ago

Such good news for you SidneyNat. Best of luck! Thank you for your kind words.

My cycle finally did show up, 4 days late. :-(

We have reviewed hubby's test results and he is all good, so the issue is with me. We are setting up an appointment with the doctor to do the HSG test to re-check that my tubes are still open since my surgery to reverse them, (fingers crossed). Her next steps after that if to recheck my blood levels.

Wishing for a Christmas miracle for all of us. :-)

9 years ago

I hope you get a good result Kizmo. fingers and everything else crossed for you!!

Wow Busterdogs I 'm so happy to hear you say your RE is Ok with 43 year old eggs as long as they pass the test. I'm as positive as I can be about my step-sister's eggs - as positive as I can be without actually having test results yet!

Knowing I'm not crazy looking to a donor practically the same age as me will give me confidence when I see my new RE in January.

I'm making the switch. My current RE comes with a great reputation, but I don't feel comfortable with her. She doesn't offer me anything. At all! All my appointments have been me reading off a list of questions I put together from my own research. She is the doctor - she is the one that should be telling me what my options are. I don't know what I don't know.

I've checked out the new guy I'll be seeing and he has some rave reviews so fingers crossed he will be on board.

Lets hope for some BFPs among us all by Christmas time. Hell, if the Virgin Mary can get pregnant, surely we can too!!

9 years ago

Ladies
I need ur advice so I'm about 6 to 7 days late I tested and I had a faint line I did a urine test in the morning and still faint line I'm not sure when I ovulated wasn't keeping track due to my husbands is always out of town so I figure it wasn't gonna happend this month but my question is at this point n I really dnt have symptoms,but them with both of my kids I didn't I just have no period so should I just Waite n test againg w different test brand? Please I want some advice I dnt want to get too excited, Remember I'm 41 so I worrie about my age.Thank u

9 years ago

Hi All,

Cassy, I'd wait it out. I know patience is hard, but giving it some time will give you a clear result. Frankly, I find these HPT pictures earlier than like 11 or 12 DPO a little crazy. Sure you might get a faint positive, but more often than not it seems to be just too early.

We had the big 20 Week Anatomy Scan milestone this morning. They check (as the doctor said) "to make sure everything is wired right." They look at major structures - heart, kidneys, head, spine, all sorts of other measurements - and everything looks great. My cervix measured even more competent that before! Hahahhha, I have no idea why I find that so funny.

We did learn that both boys likely have club feet, which, frankly, makes more sense as identical twins. It really doesn't give us pause. Upside: they will move around at the same speed. Downside: no built-in way to tell them apart.

I'm hoping the club foot gene from my husband also comes with genes for his personality. He is so sweet and measured that I would be thrilled to mother a couple more like him. :)

So that's all the news fit to print. As a reminder to the newbies in this thread - I AM 46 YEARS OLD and these are my first. I did have IVF with donor eggs, but you'd be amazed at what your body can pick up on it's own, even at my age ;).

Good luck to all!!!!

9 years ago

Busterdogs
Thanx for replying I'm happy for u everything is going well I figure I will Waite since I cannot do anything here like going to the Dr. My huby is not in town I'm just gonna waite I really haven't told anyone yeat I'm gonna waite until I see a Dr. But I'm so sure that I ovulated late n I'm not the time that I think I am but we will see wat happens thanx againg and god bless u all I'll keep u posted n u do the same!

9 years ago

Hang in there Cassyvela. I really don't enjoy the two week wait!

Busterdogs, you are an inspiration to us all :-)

9 years ago

Early pregnancy symptoms by day past ovulation

What signs and symptoms are most common on each day past ovulation?

Advertisement

Pregnancy test statistics

Select your day past ovulation to see the statistics and to get an understanding of what result you can expect.

Select your day past ovulation
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo