Community post

Discussion

Looking for ladies in their 40's TTC

View Full Post

Hello :)
I was wondering if they are any ladies out there in their 40's ttc. Please add me as a friend and we can support each other along the way.
I'm trying for another child but have had a few losses along the way but not ready to give up just yet, not while I know they're still some eggs just waiting to be caught!
and to every single one of you out there!

583 Replies • 9 years ago

Advertisement

Pregnancy test calculator

Use this calculator to help you decide when to take your first home pregnancy test.

521 - 530 of 583 Replies | Last Page

Baby Bean - LOVE THAT HEAD OF HAIR! So cute!

9 years ago

Hi everyone, I haven't been on here for a while, I've been pretty quiet but been around off and on. Baby bean your baby girl is so cute and that's a beautiful photo of her, congratulations !!! Well done to you .

Busterdogs not long at all for you now, time sure does fly and it's funny you dancing and waddling around for your hubby , quite cute actually and those memories you'll cherish for a lifetime. when the time comes and I wish you a very safe delivery.

I hope everyone else is well, Angelgirdle , you're next!

Take care all!

9 years ago • Post starter

Hello,

How are all you beautiful ladies doing?

Update for me. AF just reared her ugly head on cycle 8 of trying. This next round I was able to convince my doctor to let us try Clomid as we just found out that I also have one tube now. At some point after my reversal till this past month I ended up with a blocked tube. The doctor is not skilled to even try to see if the blockage is removable and wants to send us off to a fertility clinic which in our area means starting all over despite everything we have done and know and lets not talk about the cost and how its not covered by out insurance.

Frustrating at times. Must keep moving forward despite the set backs.

9 years ago

Hello ladies! Busterdogs - how are you?! Been thinking and praying for all who are ttc and those who have succeeded. Xoxo
Had my 1st and hopefully last IUI yesterday then bd this morning (hubby didn't mind that at all...actually said he could really get used to this! LOL) I am more relaxed than I expected to be. Can't test until 2 weeks from now so I'm onto the wait.
You know I keep thinking about the ladies who are dealing with sadness and frustration (I have definately had my moments!). You are NOT alone! Please take time for yourselves, do something fun and try to relax. Stress is such a contributing factor to our health and ttc. I know I have focused so much on ttc that it was all I thought about. Currently I'm tracking my stats, but am focusing on Spring! and my family. Happy Easter! Much love and to you all!

User Image

9 years ago

I'm 41, and while I'm not trying on purpose, I'm not preventing it. This sight has been really helpful. I've tracked my cycles through the last 3 years and it's interesting to see the changes in my body and cycles. I'm more in tune with my body than I ever have been. I've had 2 chemical pregnancies, in the last 4 years. My body has tricked me and the changes we go through as we enter the 40's can be really frustrating. I have however, learned a lot. I believe the more informed we are the better we can cope with these shifts in our body. It's wonderful to have a community to reinforce that we're not crazy...lol. Thank you to. Everyone who takes part. :)

9 years ago

Hi everyone, it's been a while!

Scrunchy - hang in there. Mother nature can be a bitch to us when we are over 40, but as you can see here, all is not lost :-)

Babybean, congratulations!!!!

Buster, it must be getting very close for you.

Well - I've turned 44 and since January I have had my period four times. After AF in January my next cycle wasn't for another 45 days. Then in the past six weeks I've had three periods two weeks apart.

Not good. I got another one last Saturday and my boobs have been in agony ever since.

However - we have found our egg donor!!!!

My cousin's wife was going to donate, but she's pregnant, due this October and wouldn't be able to start cycling till her bub was 12 months old.

We decided to keep our options open so I joined the Egg Donation Australia group.

My donor found me! She liked us because we have had a whirlwind romance and she married her husband 7 months after they met. She thought we were a couple after her own heart. We have been emailing every day for a few weeks and yesterday she formally offered!

At the moment she's cycling with another lady and will probably have her EPU next week or the week after.

Andrew and I are getting married in October - eloping to Hawaii.

Our donor asked if we want to cycle before then, or wait till after the wedding.

I want to start now - but worried about cost. It's about $15k to do a donor cycle, but we get about half back from Medicare.

The wedding is almost paid for - as it's an elopement it's not expensive haha.

I just called Andrew and told him our donor gave us the option of waiting and said don't decide yet, we'll talk about it tonight after work.

OMG - as much as I would have loved to fall pregnant naturally, it's actually going to happen. I'm going to be a mum!!!

9 years ago

Sydney! Im so excited for you!

9 years ago

Oh Sydney honey I am so happy for you! You're going to have a fantastic year! xoxo

User Image

9 years ago

Hi Everyone!

Sydney, soooo excited for you! Once some options start to come into view, it's exciting isn't it? I'm hoping you found a way to make it happen as soon as reasonably possible. My one estimate on the number of attempts I had if things didn't work out was verrry limited. Then again, I am significantly older than most at this game ;)

Soooo, I have two little boys currently latched on each boob I'd like to introduce. Benjamin, stage right, weighing in at 6 lb 8 oz. , made his entrance after his brother Michael, stage left at 6 lb 6 oz. on April 8 shortly after 1:00 pm.

Delivery wasn't without some challenges, and we ended up in an emergency C-section when induction stalled and one of the twin's heart rate's climbed. Fifteen minutes later, BAM, we were parents!

Wow has it been a learning curve! Ands still so much still to learn. But here, a short week later, and I'm comfortable enough to handle a night time feeding alone. I can't believe it.

My husband has been unbelievable, displaying character in new ways making me fall in love with him all over again. We also hired a post-partum Doula, a twin mother herself, who has been an invaluable resource in coaching us. She visits for at least a few hours every day, gently coaching and encouraging us.

Well the boys have finished. I'm going to burp and bed them. Till the next feeding, BABY DUST ladies, sweet precious baby dust ...... :)

9 years ago

WOW! Congrats buster dogs! I'm so envious. IIt's been a year now that I found out I was pregnant ( naturally )only to miscarry @ 3 months :( still haven't got pregnant yet. I'm beginning to think it's too late. I'll be 47 in July so VERY unlikely and we don't have the money to go any other way. Good luck every one.

9 years ago

Early pregnancy symptoms by day past ovulation

What signs and symptoms are most common on each day past ovulation?

Advertisement

Pregnancy test statistics

Select your day past ovulation to see the statistics and to get an understanding of what result you can expect.

Select your day past ovulation
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo