Community post

Discussion

Looking for ladies in their 40's TTC

View Full Post

Hello :)
I was wondering if they are any ladies out there in their 40's ttc. Please add me as a friend and we can support each other along the way.
I'm trying for another child but have had a few losses along the way but not ready to give up just yet, not while I know they're still some eggs just waiting to be caught!
and to every single one of you out there!

583 Replies • 9 years ago

Advertisement

Pregnancy test calculator

Use this calculator to help you decide when to take your first home pregnancy test.

561 - 570 of 583 Replies | Last Page

Hi everyone and best of luck!

I'm not quite 40 yet, but will be in december. I have 10 children ages 20, 16, 14, 11, 9, 7, 6, 4, 2, and 7 months, and an angel baby @20 weeks back in 2003. We're currently on the fence as to whether or not to ttc an 11th but I did O yesterday and we bd'd the night before so we'll see what happens :) My oldest daughter has been NTNP so it's weird to think of the possibility of a child and grandchild around the same age. (No grandbabies yet).

No one, not even close family or friends, know that we're even considering another baby. When you have 10 kids, the comments and blunt advice can make you want to smack someone lol.

Mom to 7 boys and 3 girls , waiting to see if #11 is in our future.

8 years ago

Hi,
I run another thread for ttc over 40's although we do have some younger ladies, anyone is welcome if you want to join us.
What makes people think they have the right to judge how many children we have or when we try to have them. All that matters is the love we have to give. If you have another child it will be lucky to be loved by so many people, it doesn't matter if the title is brother, sister, aunt or uncle.
My dh is the youngest of a large family and his nieces and nephews started having children before us, we are in the opposite situation. My ds doesn't care a bit, to him it's just someone to play with.
My pregnancy with my ds was v bad and my family couldn't handle the stress of seeing me suffer so cut all ties with me until he was born. I'm also ttc in secret as I don't need the added stress of getting told it's a bad idea and having family members falling out with me.
The support here is great, you get the support and no judgement.
I'm 7dpo so a little ahead of you but still in the too early to know anything stage.
Hope to hear from you again

8 years ago

Kerzie I totally relate with the being told it's a bad idea. Family told us we shouldn't have more after we lost my 4th child (husbands first) at 20 weeks to a very rare (non genetic) fatal disease. My 10th baby (11th pregnancy) was born just this past June was my first csection, an emergency one under general anesthesia due to a placental abruption a 35 weeks. We both nearly died, but made it through and I've researched as well as have seen several doctors and know the risk of that occurring again is no higher for me than any other woman. After such a traumatic birth, I know that another pregnancy will be very emotionally hard on me because the fear will still be there, even with what I know. If I do get pregnant, I will not be telling family until after the birth so they don't make it more stressful on me. They're all 600 miles or more away from me so it would be easy to hide lol.

Mom to 7 boys and 3 girls , waiting to see if #11 is in our future.

8 years ago

Hi ladies! I hope you're all doing well and continue to try for your babies because I don't think anyone should give up hope. Where there's life there's hope. I continue to be thankful everyday for getting this chance to have my rainbow baby, I'm over 27 weeks now and all is going well with me, baby and the whole pregnancy. I never take any single day for granted and still take one day at a time. I've posted a photo on my profile of my little boy nearly a week ago, it's not that clear but looking at it makes me believe more that I'm actually carrying a dream come true!
Keep your chins up and if you have any questions please mail me. I'm mid 40's and if I can do it naturally then so can you, it actually doesn't matter what you have to do to get there as long as you do.
Love you all

8 years ago • Post starter

Hey all.
Just dropping in to say we're still trying here too naturally, but considering donor eggs too. I'm perimenopausal
Baby dust to all!!
Sarah

8 years ago

Hi all, I just wanted to give some hope to everyone. I was 40 and fell pregnant for the 4th time. This ended in a miscarriage..I was heartbroken and determined to try again. I lost another 6 in 2 years but I fell pregnant in January 2015 and took a 75mg aspirin recommended by the hospital and I now have a 5 month old Baby boy. I was 42 giving birth I am now 43. At my surgery there is a woman pregnant she is 45.. my gp said more and more women are pregnant mid 40's.

Good luck all xxx

8 years ago

scd2287- if you consider de, can recommend you look at eggdonationfriends com they have great de guide with faq section

waitingfornumber- I am sorry, have you thought on implantation problems, sometimes wrong implantation might be a reason of mcs

just to encourage you not to give up telegraph co uk/news/worldnews/europe/switzerland/12081475/Billionaire-Swiss-businesswoman-expecting-twins-at-the-age-of-53.html

8 years ago

Just checking in on you beautiful ladies. My DH and I after some tests were encouraged to go with donor eggs. At 42yrs my egg quality just wasnt what we wanted to see. We did and had 2 embryos transferred last Sunday. Today we have a solid positive hpt! I go in for beta blood draw on wed.

Hugs and baby dust to each of you!

8 years ago

Hello ladies, checking in.

I sadly miscarried my babies a few days ago. We are grieving and working through what to do next. We have two more embryo's left (one a good gradable 5 day blastocyst, the other a day 5 early stage non-gradable blastocyst), then we are done. No more funds and the emotional toll is just to great. The RE has given us the green light to start again next month, but I'm honestly afraid. They froze these last two together, so we need to use them both at one time ideally, when a part of me wanted to try one at a time. They would have to thaw both, then refreeze one and they said the process on the embryo's can decrease its survival rate each time.

We chose to not have them PGD tested and perhaps these past two had chromosomal issues that we didn't know, it hurts the same.

Hugs to each of you going thru the struggles.

7 years ago

Hello ladies, I hope you're all doing really well and continue to follow your dreams. I have a little update.. I gave birth to my healthy baby boy on the 21st of May and he's just perfect!!! It was the best pregnancy apart from my constant fear that something bad would happen which I guess is only natural after all the losses and fear of my age and it was the easiest birth ever!!!

I want to say please don't give up hope of following your dreams and getting there...I had 5 miscarriages before this and conceived naturally at the age of 45, giving birth at 46. If you'd like any advice please feel free to send me an inbox message.

I am so so happy and can't stop kissing my rainbow baby. I think all of us women deserve to feel this way so I'm routing for you all! I will post a photo of him on my profile in a little while.

7 years ago • Post starter

Early pregnancy symptoms by day past ovulation

What signs and symptoms are most common on each day past ovulation?

Advertisement

Pregnancy test statistics

Select your day past ovulation to see the statistics and to get an understanding of what result you can expect.

Select your day past ovulation
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo