Community post

Discussion

BYOB: Bring on the BFPs!!

View Full Post

Hi all!

I have been on this site for what feels like forever (2yrs+) The BYOB threads have always been a great place for ladies to come for ttc support, answers, suggestions & even venting our frustrations! We used to have a hard time keeping up with all the chatter & made some great friens on here! I would love for it to be that again!

Former BYOB ladies & all newcomers welcome to join us! Cant wait to chat with you all!!

I aill start things off with an intro...

My name is Joy
I am 29 (30 in May) & dh is 30
I'm Canadian
Was married in 2009
I started ttc in April 2010
Got my 1st bfp in August 2010 & m/c'd naturally at 8 weeks
Got my 2nd bfp in late June 2011 & had a missed m/c at 11 weeks (baby died at 8)
Many complications followed - including a nearly 3 week hospital stay
Got my 3rd bfp on March 21st 2012 - finally success!Delivered my beautiful baby boy on Dec 4th
I am currently breastfeeding, & waiting for my cycle to return
I would like my kids to be about 2yrs apart & if thing take as long as last time we will need to get back to ttc soon! lol

Cant wait to chat with you all!
xx Joy

Daisypath Happy Birthday tickersDaisypath Happy Birthday tickers Lilypie First Birthday tickersDaisypath Happy Birthday tickers Lilypie Angel and Memorial tickers Lilypie Angel and Memorial tickers

301 Replies • 11 years ago

Advertisement

Pregnancy test calculator

Use this calculator to help you decide when to take your first home pregnancy test.

71 - 80 of 301 Replies | Last Page

Heya ladies!

Joy - Glad your spotting has stopped. I figured it wasn't early af .. and I understand where you are coming from about temping and knowing what's going on. Smart thinking :) and I love that you will probably use your tests before af shows. Once a poas addict ... always a poas addict!

Elle - I really am still hopeful for you, spotting or no. Hoping the witch doesn't show! and pregnant ladies are always a cute addition to weddings. Joy looked adorable fully pregnant in a wedding recently :)

AFM, thanks for asking about the mall. It was a lot of fun. My babysitter girl is a lot of fun and great help with Gemma. Let Gemma play in the baby play area, got a belt for me, had lunch the 3 of us, meandered and then hit the Disney store. Nice day and Gemma is sleeping soundly for her nap. Even though I have weaned Gemma from her nursing before and after her nap, she is still snuggly and wants me to rock her before she sleeps. I'm glad that she hasn't completely gone cold on me. I figured once we stopped nursing that I wouldn't be able to get a hug in anymore. But she snuggles up to me, enjoying the familiar warmth comfort <3 *happy sigh* I am really looking forward to being able to share that with baby #2 also :)

Tomorrow evening we have passover activities and finally after that we will be able to relax from a week of busy busy events.

Lots of to all of you wonderful ladies!

Kat  Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker  BabyFruit Ticker  BabyFetus Ticker

11 years ago

kat - the disney store is pretty awesome :-)
I am hoping my period picks up soon worried maybe I didn't make much lining this month or something.

Taking next month as a break from Clomid. Today I bought digital opks and 12.5 miu pregnancy tests for on April/may cycle

11 years ago

Hello everyone! Just wanted to introduce myself. I am Ally just turned 28 this month and DH is 31. We started TTC in August 2012, found out we were pregnant in Nov, but then miscarried at about 8 weeks. Tried to miscarry natural and I thought that I did but ended up having a d and c in Jan. So we are back to TTC. I have multiple sclerosis and have been off my medication for awhile so I'm just hoping for a BFP really soon. AF is due April 13th. Good luck to everyone and let's all get our BFP's this month.

11 years ago

Hi ladies!

Ally - Sorry to hear about your loss, I have been there, (twice) not fun. :( Good luck this cycle - hope you get your bfp!!

Elle - So what happened with af? Any more bleeding?

Kat - Glad you had a nice day at the mall! So jealous about the Disney Store!! We used to have one here and I loved it, but it closed down a few years ago :(
Love that Gemma still wants to snuggle with you when you would usually be bfing! So sweet!

AFM - Had a nice day out as a family today and now we're relaxing at home and almost ready for bed. :) CD21... probably a little better than a week till af makes an appearance. Not looking forward to af coming! lol

Hope everyone is doing great!
xx Joy

Daisypath Happy Birthday tickersDaisypath Happy Birthday tickers Lilypie First Birthday tickersDaisypath Happy Birthday tickers Lilypie Angel and Memorial tickers Lilypie Angel and Memorial tickers

11 years ago • Post starter

joy- I got af yesterday full force extra heavy. Such pain :-(

11 years ago

Heya ladies!

Ally - Welcome! Looking forward to keeping you busy during your tww.

Joy - Well, if you ever need something from the Disney store, let me know lol. Got Gemma a clearance doll from the movie Brave. It is a stuffed doll of one of the little brothers, but it turns inside out and becomes a little bear. Adorable. How are you feeling? No more spotting still?

Elle - ss that af showed up for real. Hoping you are feeling well.

AFM, busy night last night and because of it, a grumpy little kid going on less sleep today. I am feeling generally ok. I have very few symptoms. Even my clear cm went away which I am taking as a bad sign. I really only have heartburn, bloating, and twinges / cramping. Hopeful. One week left until testing and I will be getting ready for a jewelry party I am having here at the house not this Saturday but next Saturday. I should know by then for sure if things worked this cycle and we will have a twin pregnancy to our dd, exactly 2 years later. Anxious.

Lots of to all of you wonderful ladies!

Kat  Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker  BabyFruit Ticker  BabyFetus Ticker

11 years ago

kat- jewellery party sounds fun :-) try not to get too down about not having many symptoms its still super early I didnt feel any different til 4!5 months into my daughters pregnancy lol

I feel much better today now af is over. I am a bit concerned I only spotted for a day and had a day of bleeding yesterday and now its finished. I did a 12.5miu test and bfn so I am all good to take my clomid tonight

11 years ago

Hi ladies,

Kat- Ooo a twin pregnancy with baby #2 would be cool! Wonder what Gemma would think of a sibling being born on her birthday lol

Elle - Sorry af came! Was it really just the spotting then one heavy day and its gone? Is that normal for you?

AFM - just sitting in the 2ww... since this is my first cycle pospartum I have no idea how long its going to be... pre-pregnancy they were usually 30-34 days I believe with the longest being 36 days. Guess we shall see.

Hope everyone is doing well!
xx Joy

11 years ago • Post starter

joy - yeah it only lasted 2 days which was weird I usually get at lest 3/4 days out of it. Definatly not pregnant though.

3rd day of splitting headache :<

Hey, it's Easter this weekend . . lots of Chocolate!

11 years ago

Hi ladies!

I was on here a week ago and typed a long response and when I went to post it my internet wouldn't work! So annoying! Then I had my stepson for a few days and I can't get on my computer without him "eavesdropping." LOL. DH ordered a new router for us so hopefully soon I will have consistent internet!

So I skimmed over the last week of responses....

Ally- welcome to the thread! Sorry to hear about your loss!

Elle- Ugggh. Sorry the witch is playing mind games and making you uncertain. But I can't believe you didn't test! You have more will power than me! I'm not even ttc as you know and haven't had af since before ds was conceived, and yet I've probably poas 8 times in the last year! I always worry that I might be pregnant and not know it so with any symptom or if I need to take medication of any kind I test. And when I was ttc I almost always started testing at 9 or 10 dpo! You are strong!

Joy- I completely forgot to mention you dream when I emailed you earlier! Got distracted by ds. But that would be crazy if it comes true! I had a dream about Zain before he was born and in the dream he was about a year old and now he actually looks just like he did in the dream.... of course maybe that's because he looks just like his step brother did at that age lol.

Kat- Ugggh I feel sorry for the weaning thing. I'm not looking forward to that. Zain will drink a little bit from a sippie cup but not much (unless I'm not around). Can I ask how Gemma sleeps at night? Zain wakes up to nurse every hour or two because the breast is his only comfort item. I'm trying to gradually night wean him right now, but we got set back because he and I both have sinus infections and he is getting two teeth right now... I thought witholding nursing would just be mean.

AFM- AF may have actually returned but I'm not sure. When I had AF before, I never had light spotting before. I just would start with a full, heavy flow. Well, I'm taking antibiotics for my sinus infection (something I never do but I want to get rid of this thing before we leave for our vacation to Bermuda on Monday). Whenever I take antibiotics I get a yeast infection so now I always use over the counter yeast treatments simultaneously with antibiotics to prevent the infection. So, yesterday was my first dose of both. This morning when I sat on the toilet to let all the yeast cream drain out (gross, I know), it was blood stained. And I had more drain out later that was mixed with blood. If I actually had a yeast infection I wouldn't be surprised to have blood, but that isn't the case. Plus I've had bad acne and mild cramping earlier this week. So... is it AF? Like I said, in the past my af was way heavier than this, but all the other symptoms are there. I'm also underweight right now so I would imagine that could make af lighter. We haven't BDed in about a week so it can't be related to that and I can't think of any other reason for blood.

I'm thinking about charting my bbt just to see if I am ovulating and to see what's going on. But I'm not sure if it's worth it. Aren't you supposed to be asleep for at least six hours before taking your temp? My little one still wakes me up every 1-2 hours so 6 hours of sleep never happens for me. But, when I wake up, I don't always fully wake up (by 2 AM I'm so tired I end up moving him from his crib to our bed so I can nurse in my sleep). Do you think bbt charting is worth it? I just wish I could know what my cycles will be like. If my cycles turn out to be regular, then I may wait completely to ttc for another year. But if they are irregular (and if I am even having a cycle) I think I will ntnp and then ttc in a year... not sure what to do.

Don't you all just wish you knew exactly how long it would take to get pregnant!?!

User Image User Image User Image

11 years ago

Early pregnancy symptoms by day past ovulation

What signs and symptoms are most common on each day past ovulation?

Advertisement

Pregnancy test statistics

Select your day past ovulation to see the statistics and to get an understanding of what result you can expect.

Select your day past ovulation
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo