Community post

Discussion

BYOB: Bring on the BFPs!!

View Full Post

Hi all!

I have been on this site for what feels like forever (2yrs+) The BYOB threads have always been a great place for ladies to come for ttc support, answers, suggestions & even venting our frustrations! We used to have a hard time keeping up with all the chatter & made some great friens on here! I would love for it to be that again!

Former BYOB ladies & all newcomers welcome to join us! Cant wait to chat with you all!!

I aill start things off with an intro...

My name is Joy
I am 29 (30 in May) & dh is 30
I'm Canadian
Was married in 2009
I started ttc in April 2010
Got my 1st bfp in August 2010 & m/c'd naturally at 8 weeks
Got my 2nd bfp in late June 2011 & had a missed m/c at 11 weeks (baby died at 8)
Many complications followed - including a nearly 3 week hospital stay
Got my 3rd bfp on March 21st 2012 - finally success!Delivered my beautiful baby boy on Dec 4th
I am currently breastfeeding, & waiting for my cycle to return
I would like my kids to be about 2yrs apart & if thing take as long as last time we will need to get back to ttc soon! lol

Cant wait to chat with you all!
xx Joy

Daisypath Happy Birthday tickersDaisypath Happy Birthday tickers Lilypie First Birthday tickersDaisypath Happy Birthday tickers Lilypie Angel and Memorial tickers Lilypie Angel and Memorial tickers

301 Replies • 11 years ago

Advertisement

Pregnancy test calculator

Use this calculator to help you decide when to take your first home pregnancy test.

31 - 40 of 301 Replies | Last Page

Hi ladies!

Emma - Congrats!! So exciting!!! Nov 19th is a good day... thats my Dad's bday :)

Kat - That would be funny if we both had Dec babies again! LoL, but I think a May baby would be cool... dh & ds's bdays are both in Dec, so it would be cool if me & #2 shared a bday month! :)
And as for the sibling thing... I have 2 sisters, 1 is 5yrs older than me, the other is 9yrs older.... we were not close at all when we were little, we are now, but thats why I would like my babies no more than 3yrs apart :)

Elle - Hmm... it possible it could be implantation (as far as I can remember anyway! lol) Hope it is!!!

AFM - af has left the building! Only some browish/yellow cm today... glad that is over with! It was no heavier than before which was nice... I have heard the first af after baby can be heavy. Interested to see how long my cycles are now and if they are gonna be more consistant... my Mom daid after baby she could time af down to the day (actually to within a few hrs!) That would be awesome!! Hahaha!!

Hope all is well!
xx Joy

Daisypath Happy Birthday tickersDaisypath Happy Birthday tickers Lilypie First Birthday tickersDaisypath Happy Birthday tickers Lilypie Angel and Memorial tickers Lilypie Angel and Memorial tickers

11 years ago • Post starter

emma ooh

popstarh8ter my dd is 5yrs old even of I was to get pregnant this cycle she would be 6 when I had the baby lol been ttc since her first birthday and I feel awful she's an only child is it really that bad?

joy yay for the end of af, wow I would love to have cycles like your mam too haha! On clomid they've been 30-35 days but mostly 30. When I was younger they were every 28 days and after my miscarriage they were between 30/70 days when do you think you'll start ttc #2?

afm - well dreamt about taking a pregnancy test last night lol didn't find out the result though. Woke up twice in the night feeling dizzy and sick but I have woken up today full of cold so that probably explains it! Wish the 2ww was over now!

11 years ago

Emma - Hmm, that's funny about the cravings. People always asked me if I "craved" anything during my pregnancy. Looking back on it, I guess I craved orange juice because I was constantly drinking that .. even postpartum. But I always just told people, "I guess I crave things, but it's hard to differentiate between wanting McDonald's because I'm pregnant or wanting McDonald's because I would have wanted it anyway!" lol

Joy - I didn't know you have sisters. And as for af postpartum, after going without a period for about a year and a half (I was bfing and dd was about 7 months old when it started again) my cycle started over as if nothing had happened. No heavy bleeding and right back on track about time. When I was younger, I never tracked my period, but it was crazy. I would basically think, "Hmm, I haven't had a period in awhile" and it would usually start the next day lol. I wish my cycles were more consistant now. Since I don't do opk's (yet *wink*), it makes it practically impossible for me to predict O. *shrugs*

Elle - I'm sorry that you have been ttc for so long. It's not bad for you to feel awful that dd is an only child. I can't say that I really understand what you are going through, but I sympathize. When becoming a mother, there are SO MANY things that we want for our children. We try our best to give them everything the need ... but so many things are out of our control. For me personally, I really want to buy a new house for dd (and anymore children we have). We are currently living in a small 2 bed 1 bath house with a very small yard. It was a temporary thing that panned out really well when we moved here 3 years ago. However, one baby later and there is zero room. I want dd to have room to play and run outside and for baby #2 to have their own room. We have basically been trying for almost a year to figure out financing, but one thing or another has prevented us from being able to buy a new house. We even held off ttc #2 before our situation looked more promising ... but other than what we have been doing. It's out of our control. We can only hope that when our children grow up, that they understand that we always did what was in our ability to provide the best for them.

And very sorry that you are starting to feel sick. Keep busy during the tww posting to us! I love clicking refresh on this tab and seeing new posts!

My dd is throwing crayons across the room *rolls eyes* lol gtg

Lots of to all of you wonderful ladies!

Kat  Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker  BabyFruit Ticker  BabyFetus Ticker

11 years ago

I think its just the increasing progesterone, its been the same every clomid cycle I feel all the typical pregnancy symptoms but just because my progesterone level is always between 60 and 100 which are levels usually seen in pregnancy ha ha just my luck.

I am off to collect my daughter from school and she will come home and trash the house I have spent all day cleaning lol

11 years ago

5dpo... bored! lol only 9 days to go though
Not much to report at all. I think I might have thrush but that's about it really. No real feeling of possible pregnancy at all today. Blood test on Tuesday to see if I've ovulated.

How are you all getting on?

11 years ago

Hi ladies!

Elle - Yeah progesterone can do all kinds of crazy things! Hope you get some good news soon & the next 9 days go by quickly! As for ttc #2,... right now I want to get to know my cycles, tho we are technically not preventing. I will prob start actively ttc this summer or maybe closer to ds 1st bday. :) We'll see.

Kat - so jealous that you got so much time off from af! I figured since I am strictly bfing that I would at least get a bit of a break, no such luck! lol

AFM - Cuddling with ds, watching tv. Gonna be a busy weekend for us, got some friends coming over tomorrow then going shopping sunday. :) Got my hair cut today, got a whole new "mom" look. Undecided on what I think of it... will take some getting used to!

xx Joy

a week to go til my period! I was so tempted to buy a test today to put away but didn't. I figure if my period is late then I will buy one. Just a waiting game for now.

Today I have been to the cinema and shopping centre. So tired now lol?

How you ladies doing?

11 years ago

Hi ladies!

Elle - Yay 1 more week to go till you know!! Keeping my finger crossed for you!! Probably a good call on the hpt... I have a nasty habbit of using them too early if they are in the house! lol!

AFM - Debating buying some opks this week so I can pin-point o... not sure I wanna be spening money on them already tho. (I would just be buying the Dollarama ones, but they are still like $1.25 or more each) Temping would be cheaper, but donno that I wanna wake ds every morning! lol!

Busy weekend! Just got back from lunch with my Grandparents. Now just waiting for a girlfriend to get here so I can cut & hilight her hair, then this evening I am having a bunch of girls over that I have known since around grade 1! Should be fun! Then tomorrow I am supposed to be going shopping with a different girlfriend, but still waiting to hear back from her to see if we're going.

Hope everyone is having a great day!
xx Joy

So exhausted so this is not going to be a proper post :P

Elle - Fingers crossed for you!!

Joy - You can buy opk's at the dollar store? I'm guessing they are the strips, eh? I wonder if they have them at my local Dollar Tree ... ugh, as if I need more incentive to obsess after one cycle of ttc again

Incredibly busy and exhausting day out-of-state today. 1 1/2 hour drive each way with a 1 1/2 year old that we will have to do again tomorrow, but getting to see a lot of friends and family and Gemma is loving all of the attention and getting to see all of her little friends too. More bd'ing around here as O is sometime near. Guess I need to check my profile to see when to expect it.

Lots of to all of you wonderful ladies!

Kat  Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker  BabyFruit Ticker  BabyFetus Ticker

11 years ago

just a quick update via my phone. 7dpo, tender breasts and a case of thrush.
not a happy camper lol got some cream and a pessary to clear it and I suppose the breast sensitivity will calm down as my progesterone levels drop.

Don't have that pregnant gut feeling.

Took my daughter shopping yesterday in the clothes shop she wanted tobuy baby clothes for her sister. it was funny but sad at the same time

11 years ago

Early pregnancy symptoms by day past ovulation

What signs and symptoms are most common on each day past ovulation?

Advertisement

Pregnancy test statistics

Select your day past ovulation to see the statistics and to get an understanding of what result you can expect.

Select your day past ovulation
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo