Community post

Discussion

BYOB: Bring on the BFPs!!

View Full Post

Hi all!

I have been on this site for what feels like forever (2yrs+) The BYOB threads have always been a great place for ladies to come for ttc support, answers, suggestions & even venting our frustrations! We used to have a hard time keeping up with all the chatter & made some great friens on here! I would love for it to be that again!

Former BYOB ladies & all newcomers welcome to join us! Cant wait to chat with you all!!

I aill start things off with an intro...

My name is Joy
I am 29 (30 in May) & dh is 30
I'm Canadian
Was married in 2009
I started ttc in April 2010
Got my 1st bfp in August 2010 & m/c'd naturally at 8 weeks
Got my 2nd bfp in late June 2011 & had a missed m/c at 11 weeks (baby died at 8)
Many complications followed - including a nearly 3 week hospital stay
Got my 3rd bfp on March 21st 2012 - finally success!Delivered my beautiful baby boy on Dec 4th
I am currently breastfeeding, & waiting for my cycle to return
I would like my kids to be about 2yrs apart & if thing take as long as last time we will need to get back to ttc soon! lol

Cant wait to chat with you all!
xx Joy

Daisypath Happy Birthday tickersDaisypath Happy Birthday tickers Lilypie First Birthday tickersDaisypath Happy Birthday tickers Lilypie Angel and Memorial tickers Lilypie Angel and Memorial tickers

301 Replies • 11 years ago

Advertisement

Pregnancy test calculator

Use this calculator to help you decide when to take your first home pregnancy test.

151 - 160 of 301 Replies | Last Page

bahoward - I couldn't see a second line but sometimes they are really hard to pick up on camera. It is strange you havent had your period yet, maybe you didnt ovulate this cycle?

I agree about babies learning to talk/walk at different rates my daughter started talking really early like 6/7 months but didnt crawl til 8 and didnt walk til 14 months. Even now she's 5 she's brilliantly verbal but cant catch a ball or ride a bike well lol

afm - 12dpo I don't know whether to test again or just wait to see if I don't get my period. I know tests aren't very accurate til the day its due but I want to know lol

11 years ago

Hi ladies!

Elle - Test! Test! Test!! LoL! I wanna know! I got both my last 2 bfps on 11dpo, so 12dpo should (hopefully) be good!! Good luck!! Got my finger crossed for you!!

Aisha - You're so funny! Hope af comes for both of us by the end of the week!!

AFM - Killer af cramping (similar to last cycle) last night and all day today. So I am thinking af should be here within the week. (Fingers crossed!!)

xx Joy

Daisypath Happy Birthday tickersDaisypath Happy Birthday tickers Lilypie First Birthday tickersDaisypath Happy Birthday tickers Lilypie Angel and Memorial tickers Lilypie Angel and Memorial tickers

11 years ago • Post starter

im not bf anymore i had to stop about 3 weeks ago and im also taking the mini pill for birth control at the moment been on it since Michael was 6 weeks old. i called doctor the other day and they said if i dont start in next couple weeks that they would bring me in for a blood test

11 years ago

tested yesterday and bfn. 13dpo today and my period is due tomorrow. Off for pain killers and tampons.

looks like Clomid cycle 9 will be starting soon

11 years ago

bahoward- maybe its the mini pill that's delayed your period? since its progesterone a lot of women stop getting them at all after a few months. I have a progesterone implant and after 3 months no periods :-)

good luck with the blood test!

afm, been out and stocked up on pain killers, pads and tampons ready to good old af

11 years ago

Hi everyone!

Joy- I know how that is with waiting around and thinking that AF is gonna show but then doesn't. That was me for like 6 months! Not fun at all. Have you read Kellymom's information about BFing and fertility? I find Kellymom to be a useful site for all kinds of BFing related things.

Aisha- I agree that babies are usually either "walkers" or "talkers". My little guy is a walker. And a climber... O.o I have full confidence that it will all even out by kindergarten! ;-) Also, I hope AF shows up for you soon. I know that having irregular cycles must be really frustrating when TTC.

Elle- Did AF show? Is she for sure on the way?

AFM- I'm not doing anything interesting recently. I'm not overly optimistic about my LP becoming normal on its own. I have never tried soy iso but I will look into it. I am pretty sure my OB/GYN wouldn't prescribe me clomid while I'm still BFing. Their advice would be to wean and I really don't want to.

My BFF got pregnant without much effort while still nursing her toddler. She is now tandem nursing her two boys. She seems to have an easier time than I do with fertility though. :-/ but it CAN happen without weaning.

11 years ago

Hey everyone!

Bahoward- it is very normal to have no period or just irregular spotting with the mini pill.

Elle- uggh I was so hoping you had a bfp! Maybe you still will? That's funny about your little girl still not being very athletic but very verbal. I have thrown in the towel for my ds to be a pro baseball player when he grows up. Maybe a journalist? Lol.

Victoria- so you didn't have AF for six months? Was that when you were TTC? If so, we have a lot in common! I hear you about weaning and TTC. I think I will try soy once I have weaned ds, but im hoping he will naturally wean himself within a year or so. Once he weans I will try soy if I'm still irregular

Joy- I can't believe you've been wearing pads that long! That sucks! Stop wearing them then I bet AF will come!

AFM- first forgive my spelling, I'm typing on my phone. Anyway, today my cm was creamy again. I'm pretty sure I'm still infertile. For a 28 day cycle, AF would be due tomorrow. No sign of her showing...

User Image User Image User Image

11 years ago

Hi ladies!

Aisha - boo to having no sign of af...really hope its just your bfing screwing things up!

Elle - Aw sweetie I am so sorry... I thought for sure it would be a bfp! Any sign of af?

OrganizedChaos - Thanks for the info I will check it out! I hope you manage to get pg without having to stop bfing!

Hope I didn't miss anyone, I am going by memory!

AFM - Still have bad af cramps... assuming she will make an appearance within the week.... hope so!!

xx Joy

11 years ago • Post starter

nope no af yet, 14dpo today. I hope it doesnt come tomorrow while I am at work :-(

Got my progesterone results back at 43 so I ovulated, just a waiting game now.

Joy I will be joining you in cautionary pad wearing lol

11 years ago

well its dinner time and nothing has happened yet period wise though I do have a killer headache.
Its an awful cold wet day today its making me miserable.

11 years ago

Early pregnancy symptoms by day past ovulation

What signs and symptoms are most common on each day past ovulation?

Advertisement

Pregnancy test statistics

Select your day past ovulation to see the statistics and to get an understanding of what result you can expect.

Select your day past ovulation
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo