Community post

Discussion

BYOB: Bring on the BFPs!!

View Full Post

Hi all!

I have been on this site for what feels like forever (2yrs+) The BYOB threads have always been a great place for ladies to come for ttc support, answers, suggestions & even venting our frustrations! We used to have a hard time keeping up with all the chatter & made some great friens on here! I would love for it to be that again!

Former BYOB ladies & all newcomers welcome to join us! Cant wait to chat with you all!!

I aill start things off with an intro...

My name is Joy
I am 29 (30 in May) & dh is 30
I'm Canadian
Was married in 2009
I started ttc in April 2010
Got my 1st bfp in August 2010 & m/c'd naturally at 8 weeks
Got my 2nd bfp in late June 2011 & had a missed m/c at 11 weeks (baby died at 8)
Many complications followed - including a nearly 3 week hospital stay
Got my 3rd bfp on March 21st 2012 - finally success!Delivered my beautiful baby boy on Dec 4th
I am currently breastfeeding, & waiting for my cycle to return
I would like my kids to be about 2yrs apart & if thing take as long as last time we will need to get back to ttc soon! lol

Cant wait to chat with you all!
xx Joy

Daisypath Happy Birthday tickersDaisypath Happy Birthday tickers Lilypie First Birthday tickersDaisypath Happy Birthday tickers Lilypie Angel and Memorial tickers Lilypie Angel and Memorial tickers

301 Replies • 11 years ago

Advertisement

Pregnancy test calculator

Use this calculator to help you decide when to take your first home pregnancy test.

141 - 150 of 301 Replies | Last Page

Hi guys.

Amber- I am so sorry for your loss.

Aisha - that is a lot of words!! Oh my goodness! My DS says mama and that is it. We are working on baby sign language. He does "milk" pretty well but lots of times I have to remind him. He is more of a walker than a talker. He runs and climbs and is all around an unruly beastie. Lol.

AFM- We decided that I will chart this cycle and hope for a better LP but if it is incompetent again then I won't chart again until January. It will be too much stress to actively TTC while the chances of conceiving are not good at all. We will NTNP for the months between. I don't want to wean DS before he is 2 years old. If I still have LPD in January then I will consider weaning. FWIW, we have never prevented in the almost 3 years we have been married. I have only been pregnant the one time. So yeah. Fingers crossed that my body gets itself back in order this month.

11 years ago

Hi everyone! I haven't been around for a while been super busy, I have had to take notes to catch up haha:
Joy - still no af??
Armywife - So sorry your scan confirmed the miscarriage :<
Pookerdooks - sounds like Ovulation to me :)
Bahoward - hope you're doing ok, fingers crossed for payday!
Organized chaos - good luck!
afm 10dpo, I woke up with the urge to POAS, those of you who've known me for a while will know I never test this early like... ever! lol anyway I had this 12miu 5 days sooner test called 'Predictor' it's basically a cheap version of FRER.
So I pee... I watch... I wait and thought I could see the hint of a second line.... I wait longer and its still there. I remove the stip from the test and do the whole holding it ant angles, up th the light... photograph it etc, yeah there's a second line there all right! BUT it's faint, it's thin... it's not super pink. The instructions say a second line no matter how pale indicates a postitive result. Hmm I am sceptical! I am not expecting me period til wed/thu and at work fri so wont test again til next weekend

here's the test #120720 if anyone fancies a look lol the line is very hard to photograph on my phone but it's there in real life :/ waaaah! lol

11 years ago

Hi ladies!

Elle - I see a line! Hard to tell if there is color of not by the photo, but I definitely see a line! Why did you put it in the "negative" catagorie? Hope it's really a bfp!! Good luck! Are you going to pick up a frer??? 10dpo is still early that could explain why its so lite... I always found the cheap tests didnt show lines very dark as early as frer. Keep us posted!!

OrganizedChaos - Good luck with your cycles! I have done a lot of reading on af while bfing... it can really mess with your cycle, but hopefully yours will straighten out soon!

AFM - Still no af.... grrrr. Not much else going on.

xx Joy

Daisypath Happy Birthday tickersDaisypath Happy Birthday tickers Lilypie First Birthday tickersDaisypath Happy Birthday tickers Lilypie Angel and Memorial tickers Lilypie Angel and Memorial tickers

11 years ago • Post starter

hey joy I cant believe your period still hasn't arrived!

I posted it as negative because the line was so pale and thinner than the control line, it was like an evap but it was there the whole time.

I am at work today so that's stopped me testing, my period is due Thursday

11 years ago

Elle - Keeping my fingers crossed for you sweetie!! You said the line showed up right away didnt you?? Well was doing some reading (http://www.early-pregnancy-tests.com/evaporation-lines.html) and came across something that explained what evap lines were and they usually show up AFTER the test time " an evaporation line will not be confused with a faint test line (valid positive) if the test is read within the five minute reaction time interval.".....so excited!! Cant wait for af to not show &/or for you to test again!! Good luck hun!!

xx Joy

well i just took a test and i think i see something very very faint could you guys take a look for me

11 years ago

bahoward - which test is yours?

Joy - oooh I wonder if it was a faint test line?

afm 11dpo, period due in 3 days. Usual Pms stuff like sore boobs + headache today

11 years ago

test number 121197

11 years ago

Hi ladies!

Bahoward - Had a look at you test, dont see a 2nd line. Still no af? Are you bfing or anything that could cause your cycles to be longer?

Elle - Omg I am so excited for you to test again!! I have my everything crossed for you!!!

AFM - cd48.... lame! Getting very sick of this... last time af came without any real warning, so now I have been wearing pads since like cd28!! Grrr..... wish my cycles would just be normal!

xx Joy

Wow! A lot has happened in the last day or so.

Amber- I'm so heartbroken for you that I can't even express it. I know nothing I say can make it better but I am thinking of you. If you need a shoulder to cry on, we are all here for you.

Elle- EEEEP! With my ds I got an extremely faint bfp like that at 9 and 10 dpo on a cheapie test and got a full out bfn with frer until a few days later. I can't wait to see your next test!!!!

Joy- I'm with you! I can't believe I actually want the witch!

Victoria- It seems to me babies usually will get either the language/social skills really easily and be slower with the motor skills or the other way around. I rarely see babies who do both really well really early. Sounds like your LO has the motor skills (you mentioned he is running already!). My ds was pretty late with all his motor skills. He didn't roll over until he was around 7 months or more, didn't crawl til 9 months, and just started walking at 14 months. But he started talking before his first birthday. It seems to me that their brains put energy in to really developing either the motor section of the brain or the language section first and then the other part catches up. Doesn't really matter though... I'm sure in a few months your lo will be talking up a storm and mine will be running around like crazy! As for your short lp, would clomid or soy isoflavones help that?

I hope I didn't miss anyone!

AFM- Really nothing much here... Just waiting to see if AF shows up at the end of this week. It's highly unlikely I'm pregnant so if AF doesn't come I will know I imagined that I Oed this month...

User Image User Image User Image

11 years ago

Early pregnancy symptoms by day past ovulation

What signs and symptoms are most common on each day past ovulation?

Advertisement

Pregnancy test statistics

Select your day past ovulation to see the statistics and to get an understanding of what result you can expect.

Select your day past ovulation
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo