Community post

Discussion

BYOB: Bring on the BFPs!!

View Full Post

Hi all!

I have been on this site for what feels like forever (2yrs+) The BYOB threads have always been a great place for ladies to come for ttc support, answers, suggestions & even venting our frustrations! We used to have a hard time keeping up with all the chatter & made some great friens on here! I would love for it to be that again!

Former BYOB ladies & all newcomers welcome to join us! Cant wait to chat with you all!!

I aill start things off with an intro...

My name is Joy
I am 29 (30 in May) & dh is 30
I'm Canadian
Was married in 2009
I started ttc in April 2010
Got my 1st bfp in August 2010 & m/c'd naturally at 8 weeks
Got my 2nd bfp in late June 2011 & had a missed m/c at 11 weeks (baby died at 8)
Many complications followed - including a nearly 3 week hospital stay
Got my 3rd bfp on March 21st 2012 - finally success!Delivered my beautiful baby boy on Dec 4th
I am currently breastfeeding, & waiting for my cycle to return
I would like my kids to be about 2yrs apart & if thing take as long as last time we will need to get back to ttc soon! lol

Cant wait to chat with you all!
xx Joy

Daisypath Happy Birthday tickersDaisypath Happy Birthday tickers Lilypie First Birthday tickersDaisypath Happy Birthday tickers Lilypie Angel and Memorial tickers Lilypie Angel and Memorial tickers

301 Replies • 11 years ago

Advertisement

Pregnancy test calculator

Use this calculator to help you decide when to take your first home pregnancy test.

91 - 100 of 301 Replies | Last Page

good morning ,

yes joy and popstar its Emma , and congrats to you too popstar , how great all these babies .....

proof that its all worth the wait and upset .

Joy: im excited and terrified all in one got everything ready for the babies just waiting now are gonna have to move house at some point as the cot is in our room and we dont have a spare room , and my son who is nearly 18 doesnt fancy them in with him

well hope you all have a great day

1 son 17 years old , and expecting B/G twins atm that are due next month : )

11 years ago

hey all, not much to say really still waiting to Ov I hope you're all well

11 years ago

Hi ladies!

Elle - How ya doing sweetie?

Emma - LoL, cant blame the 18 year old for not wanting to share a room with baby! Haha! Hope all goes well with moving... have you started looking at places?

Kat - I replied on cmp as well, but just wanted to say I am so happy for you that things all seem to be falling into place in your life :) You deserve it!

AFM - Nothing much gong on here... ds is 4 months old today & dh and I also celebrated our 4 year wedding anniversary today! AND we did our family portraits today too! Very exciting day! :D

cd30 and no af so far, but definite af cramping. Have a sinking feeling that she is gonna show this weekend which would suck cause I am really busy!!

xx Joy

Daisypath Happy Birthday tickersDaisypath Happy Birthday tickers Lilypie First Birthday tickersDaisypath Happy Birthday tickers Lilypie Angel and Memorial tickers Lilypie Angel and Memorial tickers

11 years ago • Post starter

Joy - You are a sweetheart and I am still hopeful that af won't show for you at all. Love that pic of you and ds at the mall, adorable! ... oh, and don't think I didn't notice that your profile pic changed from your little avatar to "ttc #2" .. uh-huh

AFM, I have been crazy busy (i just spelled busy with and "z", ugh lol) all week cleaning like a mad woman and grocery shopping for my jewelry / pinterest food party. SO looking forward to it ... mainly so I can eat the food HAHA. I am SO HUNGRY lately. Maybe it's just because I have been picturing this pinterest food for over a week now lol. Last night I had horrible insomnia and didn't get to sleep until after 3am. Decided not to take a nap today like I did the last two days to make sure I can sleep tonight. That never usually works when I try it, but oh well. I have a lot of problems sleeping at night. Not really sure why but it's been going on for months and months.

Tired, sore body, busy, busy ... that's about it on my end ... and trying to avoid telling family and friends that we are pregnant. I actually told all of my girlfriends last time at a jewelry party lol so it might be difficult to keep it in this time. Trying to be conservative though .. and after just a couple of months in last time, I was tired of the only conversations people were having with me being: how I was feeling, if I was craving anything, if we knew if it was a boy or a girl yet, how far along I was, and what my due date was. It's exciting in the beginning .. but you begin to look at your friends and family like, "HELLO! Talk to me like I am a real person again." So, I would like to prolong that as long as possible .. but the happiness is also hard to contain.

Af was due around 2 - 4 days ago and I haven't had any spotting or cramping yet. I remember having bad cramping like af cramps last time, but I can't remember when .. never spotted though.

Just hanging out in my first double tww ...

Lots of to all of you wonderful ladies!!

Kat  Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker  BabyFruit Ticker  BabyFetus Ticker

11 years ago

Hi everyone!

Kat- WOOOOHOOOOO! So happy for you! It's funny because when I was in a taxi in Bermuda the driver was telling me how his kids have the same birthday but 11 years a part. It could happen. I'm going to have to look back at our old cmp posts to see how your current pregnancy compares to the last. So excited!

Joy- I don't know! You could be pregnant! I know you want a little more space in between ideally but I know you wouldn't be too "disappointed" if you were pregnant now lol. They say you can be more fertile immediately after giving birth.

Emma- I remember you as well! Congrats on your twins!!!! Any names yet?

Elle- How many days til you O? Are you on clomid again? (Sorry if you've said all this already, since I'm not on here daily I kinda skim all the posts).

AFM- We had a nice relaxing trip to Bermuda as a family of three (my ss couldn't come because... well long story short he already had other plans lol... preteens...). God willing our next trip we will be a family of 4 will our ss. That's in June. I kinda hope I'm not pregnant at that point because it was hard enough for me not to eat sushi in the USA when pregnant last time lol!

Anyway, I'm still not sure what is going on with my cycle. I had that day of spotting which could have been O spotting (never had before but neither had Joy), a one day period (never had that before either but my periods were crazy irregular before and I wouldn't expect it to be normal now), or just random spotting due to hormonal fluctuations with breastfeeding. So if it was O, I should get AF in about a week (I didn't bd anywhere near that day because I was sick so I can't be pregnant). If I don't get AF in a week, that that spotting was either AF or something random. My thought is that it is just something random because I don't think I ovulated. Usually my boobs get sore when I ovulate and my sex drive is through the roof.

That's it for now! Must sleep!

User Image User Image User Image

11 years ago

I should Ov in a few days 3/4 I would say. Got a migraine had it for three days now :< fed up and sick of hot flushes.
I will OPK in cd15 as I am a late ovulator from cd16-21.

My dd really wants a baby before her 6th birthday this is my last month to do it lol!

Off shopping now I need more painkillers

11 years ago

Heya ladies!

Aisha - omg, sushi .. *mouth waters* You can always have tempura which is cooked or california rolls or veggie rolls like avocado rolls. Those are mainly my favorites anyway .. and they would pose no pregnancy risk. I wish we had good sushi here in the middle of nowhere where I live.

Elle - Good luck on O .. get to bd'ing!! and ss about your migraines. I have never had one last that long but I feel your pain. Luckily during my last pregnancy I only ended up having a couple of migraines the entire time .. which was crazy unusual for me. I don't know what triggers them but I can go a month or two without one or have 2 or 3 a week. The only thing that works somewhat on my migraines is Excedrin Migraine, and of course you can't take that when you are pregnant so .. hopefully I won't be getting many this time again. If I do, I just go to sleep and try to sleep it off. Good luck again and

Joy - Your ticker says Day 1 of your new cycle. Did af show yet??

AFM very busy weekend. Had my jewelry party and had a lot of fun even though hardly anyone showed up. I saw a lot of my friends who couldn't come or didn't come the next day at church and they were all like, "I am so sorry I couldn't make it yesterday" and I was all "Psh. *shrugs* more Pinterest food for us!" LOL ........ and the food was absolutely out of this world. I made a veggie platter, buffalo chicken dip, frito pie, mini spinach dip bread bowls, dessert kabobs, s'mores dip, and red velvet cheesecake brownies. I kept asking people what their favorite dish was and they would say, "It's a tie between this and this .... and this one" lol Really CRAVING the spicy stuff for some reason so the buffalo chicken dip was my favorite and that was one of the few things that was completely gone by the end of the night.

Not feeling fantastic today ... but it could be worse for sure. Not really nauseous but I have been in and out of the bathroom all morning with diarrhea and real real tired. *sigh* but happy and glad I am not sick as a dog by now. I swear to you, it should be impossible ... but I swear that I am already starting to show a little. I told dh it might be harder to hide this pregnancy too much longer if I am starting to show already but hopefully people will just think I am getting fatter lol. One of my good friends is quite pregnant right now and has a baby shower coming up in May and I really don't want her to feel like I am stealing any of her thunder so .. will try to hold off in telling friends still.

Lots of to all of you wonderful ladies today!

Kat  Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker  BabyFruit Ticker  BabyFetus Ticker

11 years ago

Hi ladie!

Lol, you guys are so funny! Well I started to get suspicious cause af hadnt arrived, so I tested yesterday morning...... LoL! I told you all I would use both my left over hpts this cycle while I wasnt even actively ttc! Still no af yet and I am on cd34... thinking it may show tomorrow. Not entirely surprised I am having a long cycle this time, it is the first one since ds was born.

No time for solo replies... I am being beckoned. lol! Chat soon! Hope all is well!

xx Joy

11 years ago • Post starter

Elle- I'm sorry you are having migraines. Have you always had them or is it related to the clomid? I hope you are feeling better today- it's BD time!

Kat- I seriously can't live without sushi. I ate a lot of pregnancy safe sushi during my pregnancy and dh brought me a huge sushi platter to the hospital full of the raw sushi a few hours after Zain was born! I really do like the cooked sushi, but I love raw sushi too and hope to get some good sushi in Japan. Anyway, I'm sorry you haven't been feeling great. I believe you could be showing already! I showed really early because of bloating with Zain, and they always say you show earlier with all pregnancies after your first. I tried to hide my pregnancy with Zain, but by 8 weeks pregnant everyone who knew me was asking me if I was pregnant because they had never seen me that big before. So I wouldn't be surprised if people figure out early that you are pregnant again!

Joy- Go ahead and stock up on cheap htps! I think I used 8-10 of them since Zain was born because I always wonder if I could be pg since I don't have af!

AFM- Not much going on here since I don't think I'm fertile lol. But, IF that day I had bleeding was AF, and IF I have a normal cycle, I should O on Thursday or Friday which would be the days that dh and I are most like to bd (these days we usually on bd once or twice a week and it's usually on a Thursday and/or Friday... there is a logical explanation for this but I won't go into that now lol). So I'm going ntnp... I doub't I will even O though... we will see.

Any thoughts on if I should chart my bbt to figure out if I'm having cycles or not? DS wakes me up ever 1-2 hours to nurse still so I'm not sure if my bbt would be accurate enough to be worth bothering with. What do you guys think.

User Image User Image User Image

11 years ago

good morning all ,

@ pookerdooks I remember you too to I cant believe how old you little one is , doesn't time fly
ive got just over 5 weeks left til the twins arrive !!! we are calling the girl Ruby but cannot agree on a boys name yet .

@joy hope you are good and have had a nice weekend

@popstar I hope you are feeling better

to all the other ladies I do not know good luck to you and much

im off the docs today to get my swollen feet looked at they just swelled up suddenly sunday night .

Emma xxxx

1 son 17 years old , and expecting B/G twins atm that are due next month : )

11 years ago

Early pregnancy symptoms by day past ovulation

What signs and symptoms are most common on each day past ovulation?

Advertisement

Pregnancy test statistics

Select your day past ovulation to see the statistics and to get an understanding of what result you can expect.

Select your day past ovulation
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo