Community post

Discussion

BYOB: Bring on the BFPs!!

View Full Post

Hi all!

I have been on this site for what feels like forever (2yrs+) The BYOB threads have always been a great place for ladies to come for ttc support, answers, suggestions & even venting our frustrations! We used to have a hard time keeping up with all the chatter & made some great friens on here! I would love for it to be that again!

Former BYOB ladies & all newcomers welcome to join us! Cant wait to chat with you all!!

I aill start things off with an intro...

My name is Joy
I am 29 (30 in May) & dh is 30
I'm Canadian
Was married in 2009
I started ttc in April 2010
Got my 1st bfp in August 2010 & m/c'd naturally at 8 weeks
Got my 2nd bfp in late June 2011 & had a missed m/c at 11 weeks (baby died at 8)
Many complications followed - including a nearly 3 week hospital stay
Got my 3rd bfp on March 21st 2012 - finally success!Delivered my beautiful baby boy on Dec 4th
I am currently breastfeeding, & waiting for my cycle to return
I would like my kids to be about 2yrs apart & if thing take as long as last time we will need to get back to ttc soon! lol

Cant wait to chat with you all!
xx Joy

Daisypath Happy Birthday tickersDaisypath Happy Birthday tickers Lilypie First Birthday tickersDaisypath Happy Birthday tickers Lilypie Angel and Memorial tickers Lilypie Angel and Memorial tickers

301 Replies • 11 years ago

Advertisement

Pregnancy test calculator

Use this calculator to help you decide when to take your first home pregnancy test.

201 - 210 of 301 Replies | Last Page

2dpo- warm! I don't temp but can feel my body temperature is up.

where is everyone lol?

11 years ago

Sorry Elle! It was Mother's Day weekend here so I'm sure a lot of us were busy with family.

On that note, Happy Mother's Day!

Elle- it sounds like you had well timed BDing. Hopefully it did the trick!

AFM- well, my back is actually messed up more than I thought (I have a very high pain tolerance). Dh gave me an epidural to reduce the inflammation and now I just have to try to prevent injuring it more so it can heal. Basically I am to avoid lifting (impossible with a toddler) and bending. I have to wear a back brace and dh is going to hire a housekeeping service to help me out. God willing, if I don't injure it more it will heal on its own in 6-8 months. But, this affects my TTC abilities. I was ntnp until ds turns 2 then was going to TTC, but now I can't even ntnp until my back is healed as pregnancy would be bad for me right now . I'm a little disappointed but I guess this just gives me more time to track my cycles.

On that note, I am think my cycles are still anovulatory because I'm cd17 and still negative opks. Or my cycles are irregular still.

So I may stick around here just as I track my cycles of that's OK with everyone but I may not be quite as active since I'm not ttc anymore.

User Image User Image User Image

11 years ago

Hi ladies!

Elle - Yay for the 2ww! & dont feel too bad we still have our heat on too :( There have only been a handful of days where we probably didnt need it on. Pathetic!

Aisha - Of course we would still love you to stick around and chat with us while you track your cycles! As for not ovulating, could just be the bfing? I heard somewhere that you are less likely to o if you dont have a "normal" af, so maybe the short afs due to bfing is causeing you not to o? lol... no idea.

AFM - sorry its been a while! Been busy over here with Mothers Day and celebrating my 30th bday (tho I am not tech 30 till Wed) had a bbq with friends on sat, then one with family on sun :) Nice weekend, but very busy!!

CD15 today... meant to do an opk this am, but totally forgot... might do it next time I run to the washroom, otherwise I'll just wait till tomorrow. normally dont o till cd15-18 anyway. lol!

Hope all is well!
xx Joy

Daisypath Happy Birthday tickersDaisypath Happy Birthday tickers Lilypie First Birthday tickersDaisypath Happy Birthday tickers Lilypie Angel and Memorial tickers Lilypie Angel and Memorial tickers

11 years ago • Post starter

Joy- yeah I'm not too worried about the not ovulating thing at this point since it can be normal with BFing... my super light periods are probably caused by the same thing. And now since I can't ttc for at least six months it's kinda a relief. I just wish my cycles would start to get normal now so that when I am ready to ttc it will be "easy"

Did you end up doing an opk? I hope you will have a normal cycle this time!

AFM- No changes. Just getting ready to go visit my sister for a couple weeks. I'm leaving Thursday. I don't know how much I will be on here while I am away.

User Image User Image User Image

11 years ago

*WHEW*!!

I just read though (not skimmed, READ) the last 5 weeks of posts that I have missed. I feel like I just finished a BYOB forum marathon :) So ready yourself for comments on things that haven't been discussed for weeks ...

oh yeah..

Heya ladies!

Didn't take notes so bear with me.
About the bf'ing thing and fertility / af's ... that info that was posted was spot on about what happened in my case. Although I was bfing Gemma, my af came back when she was around 7 months old. It came back as regular as it was before, around 30 day cycles with 6 day af's like clockwork. Continued bfing but slowly weaning around 14 months or so when we actively started ttcing again. Got pg on 2nd cycle and weaned Gemma all together a few days after I found out. BUT, I highly support all of you ladies who are continuing to bf as long as it is still benefiting you and babe .. and I also fully support those who have decided to stop or had to stop.

About the developmental thing verbal vs. motor skills, I couldn't agree more. They really seem to focus on one thing at a time. Gemma can sign 50+ words but only verbally says 3-4 words. She can walk well and even runs, but falls frequently.

Welcome to the new ladies, M2b3. As was said, nothing is tmi and we love having you.

Elle - Good luck with this cycle! Even though I am behind on my reading, I was sad about your last cycle.

Victoria and ... (I'm doing this all from memory so you will have to forgive me) ALLISON, :) welcome back ladies!! So happy to see you!

Joy - Loved the pics from your 30 bday party. Are you and Logan's Aunty twins?? So similar looking!

Aisha - Just talked to you on IM :) but, I would love for you to keep checking in on here! Congrats again on the land and building a house and ss to hear about your back ... and I hadn't even gotten to the part about it preventing you from ntnp!!

I hope I didn't leave anyone out :(
The only other thing I have to add is, some of you may remember Neekie from WAY back when .. she is also pregnant and due very soon with baby #2. She got pregnant around the same time as Tink ... you guys remember Tink? *tear* You are right Joy, that has to be like 3 years ago now :)

AFM, 10w2d. Nauseous. That's pretty much been me for the last month! Slightly better today, hope it is letting up. I got to hear the heartbeat at my first appointment at 8w6d which I was super surprised at. Didn't hear dd's heartbeat until 13 weeks so this is a sticky little bean!

I have been busy, busy, busy packing up our house and moving things into our storage unit in anticipation of moving. I need to get junk out of here and the house cleaned up so we can show it. We have a house in mind but the financing is still not 100% definite yet so I don't want to get my hopes up again just to have them dashed. We certainly need a new place. Our little 2 bed 1 bath is too cramped already, not to mention with baby #2 coming, so I am determined to be in a new place before December.

*sigh* so glad I got to catch up with you ladies :)
Lots of and TONS of to those of you who are actively trying and for the rest of you and your cycles to regulate!

Kat  Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker  BabyFruit Ticker  BabyFetus Ticker

11 years ago

pookerdooks - oh that would explain it lol we have Mothers day here in March. Sorry about your back! that sucks!

joy - HAPPY 30TH BIRTHDAY!!! Did you get your +OPK?

popstarh8ter - Good luck with the new house!

afm - had a weird pressure/af like pains before but not for long it was weird :/ think I am 5dpo today. Infertility clinic in 6 days.

11 years ago

Hi ladies!

Elle- Ooo, maybe implantation pains?? Fingers crossed!

Kat - LoL, thanks! No, we're not twins, actually we're not even related just been friends forever! (since grade 1 or 2) We were born on the same day, so always used to have double parties :) lol
Sorry to hear about the m/s, hope it doesnt last much longer!

Aisha - Hope you have a great time visiting with your sister! & thanks for the bday wishes! :D Read your email but havent had a chance to respond yet!

AFM - 30 today.... doesnt feel much different than 29! Haha! Very happy with where my life is right now so 30 not so scary. lol

As for the opks, took one yesterday and today, both negitive, but there was a definite 2nd line so maybe tomorrow. Guess we'll see.

Hope everyone is doing well!
xx Joy

good luck Joy, hopefully that positive opk pops up soon! though when youre breast feeding its not uncommon to not ov

afm- well not much to report, still about halfway through the two week wait. No signs of incantation bleeding etc and I am fully prepared for af

11 years ago

PopstarH8tr: Congrats on the pregnancy! What will their age difference be? Almost out of the 1st trimester! That's a relief. I hear you on selling a house! We are doing that now, we live in a townhouse right now, 2 bed 1.5 bath, 4 stories! we want a yard, less stairs and another bedroom (for the next baby and the big dog). We've had it on the market for about 50 days now. Lots and lots and lots of cleaning! Hard work when you having a toddler!

Joy: Happy Birthday! I don't think I O'd when I first got my cycles back. I didn't feel any O pains right away anyways. I think it takes some adjusting!

Aisha: safe travels!

AFM: CD1 is today! I'm actually excited for AF today because it means start of TTC! I'll start OPKs on CD5 and see how my cycles are post pregnancy! This is my first month of BC, which is good in my case since I have PCOS. We are traveling to Georgia and South Carolina, leaving Saturday, so looking forward to a vacation and our baby girl's first plane ride!

Sorry I don't get on here much! So busy with my daughter and with selling the house! But so great to see how you all are doing!

Allison User Image

11 years ago

Hi ladies!

Allioak - Thanks for the bday wishes! & yay for af showing & beginning ttc!

Elle - halfway through the 2ww... let the symptom spotting begin! LoL! Good luck sweetie!

AFM - So I totally forgot to take an opk yesterday am and ended up taking it in the evening, it was a lot lighter than the past couple days, so I am wondering if maybe I missed it & either didnt start my opks early enough this cycle, or maybe I would have had a positive yesterday am. Dont know. I am cd 20 now tho so I am stopping opks as I have never o'd this late and really dont wanna spend a fortune on opks for a cycle where we arent even actively ttc. The first 2 days I took them they were close to positive, just not quite as dark as the control line, so who knows! Hopefully af will come at a more normal time this cycle, but not holding my breath.

Hope everyone is doing well!
xx Joy

Early pregnancy symptoms by day past ovulation

What signs and symptoms are most common on each day past ovulation?

Advertisement

Pregnancy test statistics

Select your day past ovulation to see the statistics and to get an understanding of what result you can expect.

Select your day past ovulation
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo