Community post

Discussion

BYOB: Bring on the BFPs!!

View Full Post

Hi all!

I have been on this site for what feels like forever (2yrs+) The BYOB threads have always been a great place for ladies to come for ttc support, answers, suggestions & even venting our frustrations! We used to have a hard time keeping up with all the chatter & made some great friens on here! I would love for it to be that again!

Former BYOB ladies & all newcomers welcome to join us! Cant wait to chat with you all!!

I aill start things off with an intro...

My name is Joy
I am 29 (30 in May) & dh is 30
I'm Canadian
Was married in 2009
I started ttc in April 2010
Got my 1st bfp in August 2010 & m/c'd naturally at 8 weeks
Got my 2nd bfp in late June 2011 & had a missed m/c at 11 weeks (baby died at 8)
Many complications followed - including a nearly 3 week hospital stay
Got my 3rd bfp on March 21st 2012 - finally success!Delivered my beautiful baby boy on Dec 4th
I am currently breastfeeding, & waiting for my cycle to return
I would like my kids to be about 2yrs apart & if thing take as long as last time we will need to get back to ttc soon! lol

Cant wait to chat with you all!
xx Joy

Daisypath Happy Birthday tickersDaisypath Happy Birthday tickers Lilypie First Birthday tickersDaisypath Happy Birthday tickers Lilypie Angel and Memorial tickers Lilypie Angel and Memorial tickers

301 Replies • 11 years ago

Advertisement

Pregnancy test calculator

Use this calculator to help you decide when to take your first home pregnancy test.

111 - 120 of 301 Replies | Last Page

Hi ladies!

Bahoward - well hopefully if you were preventing then your not pg.

Elle - Fingers crossed!

Sorry for such a short reply, but dont have a lot of time! Logan is snoozing already as I type, & he is in his bassinet! Tried it for the first time in weeks last night and he slept in there for 5 hours!! :D Woohoo!! So proud of my little guy!

Logan had his 4 month check up on Wednesday... he is now 14lbs 10oz and 26 inches long! Getting big!! Doc says he looks perfect, but I already knew that! ;)

As for af... I am cd 38 today (tho its after midnight so tech I have started cd 39 and no sign of af. Had some minor cramping a few days ago and a little today, but thats it. Longest cycle I ever had was 36 days.... not sure if my bfing/hormones are just screwing around with my or not, but then why would I have gotten af before?? So confusing! Have a feeling if she doesnt show by the afternoon I will go buy a FRER....

xx Joy

Daisypath Happy Birthday tickersDaisypath Happy Birthday tickers Lilypie First Birthday tickersDaisypath Happy Birthday tickers Lilypie Angel and Memorial tickers Lilypie Angel and Memorial tickers

11 years ago • Post starter

good luck joy and bahoward! joy my longest ever cycle was 67 days ha ha!

afm, err a couple of dpo I think. Pretty sure I have ovd now. my ovaries stopped hurting, cm dried up and the nausea from rising progesterone has begin. Just waiting for this time next cycle to hopefully bd properly!

11 years ago

Hi ladies!

Elle - Hope you dont have to wait till next cycle & you get your bfp this time dipite poorly timed bd!

AFM - cd39 today, still no af, so went out and bought a FRER.... took it late this afternoon, bfn. I am much more dissapointed than I thought I would be. :( I know its probably a good thing cause there would be health risks to baby if I was pregnant so soon after giving birth, so I should be glad not to be pg, plus I wasnt totally sold on having 2 kids born in Dec, especially the idea of planning ds's 1st bday and giving birth anytime around there. All that aside though I had started to really get my hopes up... the thought of being pregnant again is very appealing. I loved being pregnant and getting to feel my little munckin in my belly :) Plus Logan is so amazing the idea of having another one is very appealing. (He is so perfect how could I not want another?) So needless to say I am a little sad. I know it's probably for the best though, and I would like more time to devote to Logan before #2 comes anyway.

Anywho.... clearly my cycles are all messed up, I assume I can blame that on breastfeeding. Thinking I will start officially ttc again in August this year (if af every shows up again that is! lol)

xx Joy

Joy - my SIL had a baby may 2010 got pregnant and had baby #2 in April 2011 lol second baby was at older brothers 1st b'day party! Her 2nd kid was fine but she did find it hard being massively pregnant with a baby learning to crawl and walk and struggled bathing them both and putting both to bed etc

I don't think I will be getting a bfp this month but we did BD the day of ovulation so there's a chance of some sort I guess. 11 days to go haha!

Next month I see the consultant again to get my last 3 months of Clomid :< I can't believe it hasn't worked

11 years ago

Hi Ladies,

I was hoping to rejoin this forum. I was part of it last year!

I'm Amber 28, DH is 30. We have been TTC since he got back from Iraq in September of 2011. But only really "trying" for a total of maybe 14 months. I finally conceived in July last summer (2012) and I miscarried at 5 weeks. We took a few months off from trying per our doctor's recommendations. I finally conceived again in February of this year! Buuuuuut its probably obvious, since Im here, that this pregnancy is not going as planned.

I began spotting last wednesday (6 weeks and 4 days), so naturally I freaked out and went running to my OB. They checked me out and said everything looked fine. I even got to see the heartbeat on the transvaginal ultrasound! Well I went back Friday morning because my spotting turned into clotting and cramping. They did another more high tech transvaginal ultrasound and could not detect the heartbeat. My world shattered around me and I had to sit in some private room while I balled waiting for the doctor to come tell me what I already saw.

My doctor is the most amazing man and he reassured me it was nothing I had done and said that he wants to give it another week because the first ultrasound I had could've been wrong (it was an older machine with poor resolution and an ancient tech who was shaking the whole time during the ultrasound). Even though I'm pretty sure I am miscarrying, my doctor said anything can happen.

I have not stopped bleeding (although its light) and am waiting for my baby to pass. Im 7 weeks 2 days today. I go back Friday to get another ultrasound to confirm miscarriage.

Annnnnyway, I hope you ladies will take me back as I know how supported I felt here before. Im so sad. Why did I miscarry 2 times in 7 months?

11 years ago

ok i broke down and took a test as im 4 days late now could you guys take a look at it for me it is test number 118601

11 years ago

Bahoward..... looks positive to me!!

11 years ago

Hi ladies!

Amber - Oh sweetie I am so sorry!! I went through something similar before conceiving my son, had 2 m/c's in 11 months. There really is nothing anyone can say to make it better, and I know it doesnt help, but the doc is right if a baby is going to m/c there is really nothing you could have done to prevent it. Sad as that thought it. :( On the plus side the third time is often the charm... I know a few people who also m/c'd twice before finally conceiving and carrying to term. I really hope your not m/c-ing tho!! Good luck on Friday. Let us know how it goes and know I am sending lots of love & support! If you ever want to talk I am on here nearly every day, you can always inbox me and would be happy to listen.

Bahoward - How are you feeling? You sounded pretty unhappy about the prospect of being pregnant again so soon, hope that subsided at the sight of your bfp. (And yes, it definitely looks like a bfp to me) Congrats :)

Elle - Ugh, the 2ww takes forever! I am keeping my for you!!

AFM - Still kinda sad about my bfn... I had really gotten myself excited about being pregnant again. I really thought that since I went longer than my longest cycles with no sign of af that I was pg. What a let down. :(

I still have my wonderful little Logan though, & as much as I would love to be pg again & give him a baby brother or sister this just means I get more solo time with him :)

xx Joy

I really didn't want to have another baby so soon because I had problems with Michael but Dh and I are happy about it I just got to find out if I can get help from state as Dh got laid off about a month ago and I just started working in a nursing home 2 weeks ago

11 years ago

Hi ladies!

bahoward - hope all ends up working out for you.

AFM - Cd 41..... Boo!! I am okay with being pregnant, but it would be nice if I could at least have normal cycles!! Grrr! Oh well, guess there really isnt anything I can do about it. So I am just waiting.............

Elle - 10 days! (lol)

Amber - How are things going hun? Only a few more days till your u/s and you will know for sure whats going on.

Hope everyone is doing well!
xx Joy

Early pregnancy symptoms by day past ovulation

What signs and symptoms are most common on each day past ovulation?

Advertisement

Pregnancy test statistics

Select your day past ovulation to see the statistics and to get an understanding of what result you can expect.

Select your day past ovulation
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo