Community post

Discussion

BYOB: Bring on the BFPs!!

View Full Post

Hi all!

I have been on this site for what feels like forever (2yrs+) The BYOB threads have always been a great place for ladies to come for ttc support, answers, suggestions & even venting our frustrations! We used to have a hard time keeping up with all the chatter & made some great friens on here! I would love for it to be that again!

Former BYOB ladies & all newcomers welcome to join us! Cant wait to chat with you all!!

I aill start things off with an intro...

My name is Joy
I am 29 (30 in May) & dh is 30
I'm Canadian
Was married in 2009
I started ttc in April 2010
Got my 1st bfp in August 2010 & m/c'd naturally at 8 weeks
Got my 2nd bfp in late June 2011 & had a missed m/c at 11 weeks (baby died at 8)
Many complications followed - including a nearly 3 week hospital stay
Got my 3rd bfp on March 21st 2012 - finally success!Delivered my beautiful baby boy on Dec 4th
I am currently breastfeeding, & waiting for my cycle to return
I would like my kids to be about 2yrs apart & if thing take as long as last time we will need to get back to ttc soon! lol

Cant wait to chat with you all!
xx Joy

Daisypath Happy Birthday tickersDaisypath Happy Birthday tickers Lilypie First Birthday tickersDaisypath Happy Birthday tickers Lilypie Angel and Memorial tickers Lilypie Angel and Memorial tickers

301 Replies • 11 years ago

Advertisement

Pregnancy test calculator

Use this calculator to help you decide when to take your first home pregnancy test.

51 - 60 of 301 Replies | Last Page

went to my docs today for my progesterone levels and they aren't back yet and wont be here til Monday. Sigh! I am pretty sure I ovulated though. Feelking rough today I have felt sick all day and my boobs hurt I am feeling very sorry for myself lol! Stocked up on pads and tampons ready. Wont buy a test unless AF fails to show. Oooh which one to try??? lol I haven't had much else on my mind

11 years ago

Joy - That's adorable that dh won't let your ds go. I love when my husband lets down his "manly" persona and really show his love for dd. He comes home and immediately picks her up asking her for hugs and kisses. Sometimes he's so wrapped up in her that he forgets to say hi to me lol.

Elle - So sorry that now you are sick. If there is one thing I can't stand, it's being sick! Hope it passes soon, and I'm right there with you about thinking only about the tww.

AFM, weaning Gemma is going well. She has transitioned well to just nursing before and after bed at night. I think tomorrow I will cut out the morning feeding. I'm only nursing with the one side now as I believe the other has naturally dried up without use, but my other side has always produced very well. So, I am nervous about how it will feel to go without feeding for 24 hrs at a time but I was surprised that on the other side, it only took 24 hrs for the discomfort / hardness to subside after not nursing anymore.

I too can only think about my tww and testing. I know it is still early for symptoms for me, but I am having two main symptoms that I had the last time I was pregnant: tons of clear cm and upset stomach / diarrhea. I am getting hopeful .. which in turn makes me sad and nervous. Ugh, sick to my stomach just thinking about it. I'm doing that thing where it seems like pregnant ladies are everywhere on tv, and I have 3 close friends who are pregnant in reality. I keep thinking as if I AM pregnant, that it is a reality .. how "when baby number two comes ... " and that will produce such a horrendous let down when / if I get a bfn. I guess I am expecting af in two weeks? so, I could test on the 4th? That's forever away. This is going to be a tough two weeks.

Lots of to you wonderful ladies!

Kat  Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker  BabyFruit Ticker  BabyFetus Ticker

11 years ago

we will be here during the two weeks :)
My breasts went crazy when I stopped feeding my daughter and leaked for two years after lol!

11 years ago

final countdown! only a couple of days til my period.

how are you guys?

11 years ago

Congrats to the couple of day countdown :)

AFM, Gemma was not happy to wake up to a sippy cup of milk as opposed to nursing. I had one cranky baby until I whipped out the cereal and distracted her with Yo Gabba Gabba lol. I was going to say, "Anticipating a sore and incredibly full breast tonight" when I reached down to check and I am hard like a grapefruit already lol. My breast is not happy with me and neither is my daughter *sad sigh*

Having some uncomfortable pain in my lower abdomen now. Have been having upset stomach feeling and gas for days but now .. it's hard to describe. Last night dh and I bd'ed (more for the fun of it now since O is over) and it was actually painful. Not painful from being dry or anything like that, it was like gas bubbles were crowding everything out and giving me a really sharp full feeling. Not pleasant. Don't know what that was. Still hopeful .. still depressed. Baby shower to go to on Sunday.

Lots of to all of you wonderful ladies!

11 years ago

Hi ladies!

Kat - sorry to hear Gemma is having a rough time with the transition to sippy cup :( Thank goodness tv is a good distraction! lol!

Elle - Yay final countdown!!! So exciting!!

AFM - I am in a rotten mood today... have a headache and on top of that I started spotting today!! WTF??? Today is only CD17... WAY too early to be af again, and if it is af I am gonna be pissed off and stressed out - 17 days is NOT a long enough cycle to conceive a healthy baby! (Especially when af lasts 7-8 days) Grrr.... dont know why else I would be spotting tho.... didnt bd today, just yesterday morning so cant be bleeding from that. The only other thing I could think is implantation, but the earliest I could have o'd is cd14... isnt that too soon? Also we really only bd'd a couple times and tried to avoid it around when I thought I would O.

Ugh so stressfull!!! :( Really hope this isnt a sign that something is wrong with me!

Aside from that lovely event today... (and the spotting has been going on all day btw) not much is new. Had an awesome dream the other night that I gave birth to 2 beautiful little twin girls that I named "Maddy" & "Abby"... it was a good dream :)

Anywho.... hope everyone is doing good!
xx Joy

Daisypath Happy Birthday tickersDaisypath Happy Birthday tickers Lilypie First Birthday tickersDaisypath Happy Birthday tickers Lilypie Angel and Memorial tickers Lilypie Angel and Memorial tickers

11 years ago • Post starter

Ovulation spotting perhaps? Hope thats all it ends up being! I usually O between cd14-18... today is cd17... REALLY hope thats all it is!! Dont want to have any problems!!

Joy - Yes, considering your cycles, as soon as you said you were spotting I thought implantation instead of af showing early. Did you spot around implantation with your ds? or at all when you were pregnant? Although, it wouldn't surprise me one bit if it was common to spot through the first couple of months postpartum when af returns *shrugs*. If it were to get unusually heavy, obviously, you would need to have it checked out because of the problems with bleeding you have had in the past ... but of course you know that and you would if that were the case. Really sounds perfectly normal to me though ............ and it would be awesome to have another December baby (even though you were hoping for April? May?).

AFM, Gemma has been use to sippy cups for quite some time. She already drinks cows milk, juice, and water from them. She just prefers boob as her drink of choice lol. My breast was just about to explode until I just nursed Gemma before bed. *sigh* looking forward to this stupid weaning process to be OVER so I can just look ahead to the things that need to be accomplished in the near future. Wrapped my gifts for the baby shower on Sunday. Re-gifted a Bumbo that I got two of (and just happened to still be perfect in the box and on her registry in the same exact color) and a couple little clothing items and pacifiers. Pretty proud of myself that I was able to re-use gift bags and tissue paper from dd's baby shower lol. Hate to see that money go to waste after one use.

Still having the stabbing pain in my lower abdomen. Thinking now that it is similar to a stabbing pain I experienced last time during early pregnancy (which only further leads me to hope). Not sure if you ladies ever experienced it or remember .. but it kind of like .. you sat straight down on a knife, and there is no pain at your butt, but you can feel the tip of the knife deep inside your reproductive area. Sorry if that sounds a little graphic but I can't think how else to describe it. If I'm just lounging about, I generally don't feel it .. it's when I move that it feels uncomfortable, full, and sharp. *shrugs*

Lots of !

11 years ago

Oh, and I forgot, Maddy and Abby sounds adorable! <3

11 years ago

Hi ladies!

Kat - Aw poor Gemma... as much as boob is her drink of choice she will get used to going without it eventually! Dont envy you though - I dread the day I have to wean Logan!

As for your stabbing pain I know exactly what you mean!! Pretty sure I had that early on in my pregnancy with ds! Hope its a good sign!! Good luck sweetie!!

As for my spotting I am still confused.... thinking O bleeding but who knows! Implantation is usually after 6dpo or later from what I have heard. (The most common being 9dpo) Would be kinda cool to have my dream come true though and have 2 girls born just before Cbrstmas! LoL! I was thinking a May baby would be cool cause then baby 1 would be born in dhs birth month and baby 2 in mine. But really I am good with any month. (My Mom however would kill me if I had a baby in Jan Feb or March.... she goes away in those months. lol

Anyway, nothing new still spotting.

xx Joy

Early pregnancy symptoms by day past ovulation

What signs and symptoms are most common on each day past ovulation?

Advertisement

Pregnancy test statistics

Select your day past ovulation to see the statistics and to get an understanding of what result you can expect.

Select your day past ovulation
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo