Community post

Discussion

Anyone else taking Clomid for the first time?

View Full Post

Hi Everyone. I am on cycle day 23 today and I believe I am 4 days past ovulation (though my OPKs have said I am ovulating every day for the last 4 days).
This is my first cycle taking Clomid (days 5 - 9) as my Dr. says I have very mild PCOS. I read on here so many other things that girls taking Clomid are doing but I was given the pills and told to take it every day from 5 -9 and start BDing every day 9 - 16. Because my OPKs didn't show a positive, my hubby and I kept BDing every day until yesterday when I finally decided that we both really needed a break!
I feel like I have done everything I can this month - Clomid, Robitussin, Preseed, tried 13 days in a row and Instead cup. I really hope everything works.
If any one has any Clomid tips, suggestions, knowledge, and especially success stories, I would love to hear them!!
Thanks!!!

User Image

286 Replies • 13 years ago

Advertisement

Pregnancy test calculator

Use this calculator to help you decide when to take your first home pregnancy test.

81 - 90 of 286 Replies | Last Page

Welcome Hopeful!

This is the perfect thread to vent about those types of things! We are all in a similar boat! It IS so frustrating to see people getting prego by "accident" when we have been trying so hard to overcome obstacles and still nothing! I hope clomid works for you! I am so bummed it gave me cysts and now I can't take it until they go away (8-12 weeks at least)! At this rate, I'll NEVER have a baby!

Let us know what kind of side effects you have and keep us updated on your progress!

13 years ago

Welcome to the clomid sorority Hopeful86!

I also have high prolactin and couldn't ovulate on my own. The good news is that I did ovulate this cycle with the help of clomid. If you go to my countdown page you can see my chart for my current cycle and below is my chart for a cycle before clomid. The difference is amazing!

I'm 11 dpo right now and hoping for a bfp. I'm afraid to test though! I will probably test tomorrow though because I have to see the gyno for an ultrasound anyway.

I'm guessing by your name that you were born in 86? I was too... are you ttc #1?

User Image User Image User Image

13 years ago

Thanks for the welcome!! My name is Lindsey. I was born in 86. This is Ttc #1 for my DH and I. We are super excited. I am so nervous though to start clomid.

I am currently on cd4 and will be starting the clomid tomorrow. I have to go in on cd21 to get bloodwork done to make sure I O.
I hope I don't have too many symptoms. The nausea from the bromocriptine is ENOUGH! Haha. I will definitely keep everyone updated if I have any symptoms with the clomid.

Aisha I hope for a bfp for you!! I will keep my fingers crossed!

13 years ago

Well ladies, since I'm getting an ultrasound today I decided to go ahead and test:

Uggg I know I'm "in" until af shows, but it's just depressing. I think I won't test again until Friday or this weekend if the witch doesn't show.

Lindsey- Bromocriptine is a tough drug! Do you know the cause of your high prolactin? Do you have a prolactinoma? Good luck with your first day of clomid!!!

How is everyone doing?

13 years ago

again for me this morning too. I don't know why I torture myself. I have AF-like cramps as well so I'm sure the witch is on her way. I'm going to ask my doctor about taking progesterone next cycle since I do ovulate on my own I just have lpd. Since I can't take the clomid for a while, its worth a shot!

Good luck at your appointment today Aisha!

13 years ago

Aisha- so sorry to hear of the BFN! I don't know the actual cause of the high prolactin. My dr did say that it was not far enough out of range to be a tumor so it has to be a thyroid issue. However I have had my thyroid checked three times and it was all normal. So who knows!

I picked up my prescription today for the clomid and will be taking it shortly! Ahhhh I'm nervous! I will let you all know if there are any symptoms!

Toria- sorry to hear of the BFN for you also! hopefully they can get you started on something different since you can't take the clomid. I know you are so frustrated with all of it! I hope that the clomid does not give me cysts... It is just like why can't something go our way for once! Geez!

and

13 years ago

Hi Ladies.

Sorry I was gone all weekend. Actually drove down to The States for a little retail therapy. So fun!

I am sorry Aisha and Victoria for both your BFN. That sucks. But like you said, you are in until af arrives. Fingers crossed she doesn't.

Hi Lindsey. Welcome to our little group. Clomid is a tough one. Glad we have each other. I am CD11 today so we are close to the same. I am going to start doing OPK tomorrow even though I have the CBFM. It is my first month with the CBFM and I just don't trust it yet.

Aisha and Victoria - can you keep me updated over the next couple days?

User Image

13 years ago • Post starter

Well I got my ultrasound and I am devastated. I literally sobbed the whole way home and now I think I'm in shock.

I just found out that I have a bicornuate uterus. They never saw this on the transabdominal ultrasounds, only today on the transvaginal. This means that even if I manage to conceive (which will be difficult), I have a high chance of miscarrying or delivering preterm.

The doctor isn't sure yet how bad it is, but I can't help but fear the worst.

I'm going to go find a good place to pray now... will be back later

13 years ago

Aisha I am so so so sorry for you. What bad news. I read a little bit about it and it doesn't sound great, but doesn't sound impossible. I am so sorry. JI don't know what to say to make you feel better, but if I did....that is what I would be saying right now.

User Image

13 years ago • Post starter

Oh Aisha, I'm so sorry!

I haven't read anything about it but will. I don't know what else to say other than you will be in my thoughts! Please take care of yourself and do whatever you need to do to feel better!

13 years ago

Early pregnancy symptoms by day past ovulation

What signs and symptoms are most common on each day past ovulation?

Advertisement

Pregnancy test statistics

Select your day past ovulation to see the statistics and to get an understanding of what result you can expect.

Select your day past ovulation
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo