Community post

Discussion

Anyone else taking Clomid for the first time?

View Full Post

Hi Everyone. I am on cycle day 23 today and I believe I am 4 days past ovulation (though my OPKs have said I am ovulating every day for the last 4 days).
This is my first cycle taking Clomid (days 5 - 9) as my Dr. says I have very mild PCOS. I read on here so many other things that girls taking Clomid are doing but I was given the pills and told to take it every day from 5 -9 and start BDing every day 9 - 16. Because my OPKs didn't show a positive, my hubby and I kept BDing every day until yesterday when I finally decided that we both really needed a break!
I feel like I have done everything I can this month - Clomid, Robitussin, Preseed, tried 13 days in a row and Instead cup. I really hope everything works.
If any one has any Clomid tips, suggestions, knowledge, and especially success stories, I would love to hear them!!
Thanks!!!

User Image

286 Replies • 13 years ago

Advertisement

Pregnancy test calculator

Use this calculator to help you decide when to take your first home pregnancy test.

171 - 180 of 286 Replies | Last Page

to Margaret! I felt EXACTLY the same way after my m/c in December "surprised" by how much it upset me. It is traumatic and a huge loss so let yourself grieve! It is great that you are able to take clomid again this month! My doctor made me wait a month and I didn't even start a period after I had my m/c so by CD 75 I took provera to force a period. BIG delays and setbacks are the name of the game for my ttc journey! I'm so glad you can move on forward.

Totally Randomness for me today as showed up without warning making my cycle only 26 days which is super short for me. I THOUGHT I ovulated early this cycle (back when I was sick and we weren't BDing) so I guess I must have. Maybe the clomid is making me more "normal"? My average cycle is 35 days....

Lindsey and Aisha - Keep us posted of any changes!

13 years ago

Morning girls. Hope everyone had a nice night. What time zone are you guys in? Right now it is 8:40am in the west coast of BC Canada. Where are you?

Lindsey - I am really interested to hear how the 100mg is going. I am still on 50mg and was supposed to be moved up after this cycle but don't know if I will be because I got preggers on 50mg. Please let me know if the symptoms are worse???

Aisha - so today is CD28? Do you just start taking the clomid if you don't get your period or do you have to force a period first? I wanted to tell you that I am not a person that prays myself but I feel so honored and special when friends offer to pray for me. I feel like they are my own little cheerleaders checking in with the powers that be and reminding them to look out for me too - so thanks

Victoria - I am sad that you felt the same way I am feeling cause it sucks - but glad to hear that what I am feeling is normal. Yesterday I felt like I was never going to feel better. I cried all day. Today (at this moment) I feel like the day is just a fraction brighter. This is a good sign. I decided to tell a few friends and I think that has helped a little bit - to get it out. I am supposed to go to a girls night tomorrow night and I don't know if I am up for that yet, but the fact that I am even thinking about it is promising. Do you remember how long it was till you were feeling like going back into normal life? How far along were you? So I guess you are CD2 today? This means that we are close in cycles as well. Fun.

I decided that I am going to take baby asprin this cycle. Are any of you doing that? From what I read, it helps with implantation which was obviously my problem. So I bought it last night and will take one a day.

Other thing I read about last night said that often ladies that have chemical pregnancies are more fertile the 3 months after the miscarriage. Have any of you heard that??? There are mixed reports on the web. Some say it is true and others don't. What are your thoughts??

User Image

13 years ago • Post starter

Morning Ladies!

I am not working today since my dog thinks that our new house is his personal toilet. I woke up this morning to the sound of peeing right next to my bed. I used a black light and found that my pup peed on a pile of our clothes and a trail that was 15 feel long in the bedroom until he found his "final" spot by our bed! This is so annoying! He is 5 years old and hasn't had an accident since he was a puppy and now all of a sudden he is peeing everywhere! He has done this twice! Thank god the cats are using the litter box......

Margaret - Everyone grieves differently as you know but I was really depressed for about a month and slowly started feeling better after that. I would say that I was more or less "over it" (even though you never truly are) about 2-3 months after. Moving on in ttc was helpful. I was only 4 weeks like you. But my doctor made me take HCG blood tests (2 of them) to make sure my levels went down to 0. I was at 6 about a week after the m/c and 0 three days after that.

I've never heard of taking baby aspirin so I will look into that. But I did ask my doctor about increased fertility after a m/c and she said that was a myth. I guess it depends on who you ask....

I live in Oregon so we are in the same time zone!!!

13 years ago

Hi ladies. Sorry I was MIA. My dh has had allergies and then I got a cold but my dh has this habit of projecting his illnesses on me so he was insisting I was suffering from allergies too (though my only symptoms was a sore throat). So he was pushing me to take benedryl which I finally did just to prove him wrong but benedryl really knocks me out. I've been too zonked out to really type the last couple days.

Margaret- take as much time as you need to grieve and don't let anyone make you feel like you are doing something wrong by grieving.

Victoria- Maybe the dog is just confused or angry about the move?

AFM, I'm CD30 now and my pregnancy test (just in case) was negative. I don't have to force a period because I never had a progesterone surge so there is nothing to shed (I didn't even get periods much on bc anyway so provera would likely not work). I could start clomid any day now, but I am waiting to time it so that O week will happen while the dh is in town. I will probably start it around the first of May, but I still need to do some calculating...

User Image User Image User Image

13 years ago

Hi Ladies,

Aisha - that is neat that you can time your clomid so that it works for when hubby is around. Kind of a bonus to clomid as ladies with regular cycles don't get that option!

Victoria - I'm so sorry to hear about your dog. That is so annoying! Our pup did that a bit when we moved too. He was about 3 and a half then. Hopefully he settles into teh new house and leaves the peeing to the outdoors soon!!!

As for me - I am CD 8 today. I have taken 4 of my 5 clomid pills this month so I am in full on hot flashes again! For some reason I still find them really funny. . I am having a lot of CM today so I think I might take an opk this afternoon just to assure myself I am not Oing super early (it is hard to know what will happen with my body after the early m/c). I have been using my CBFM this month too but so far it hasn't asked me to do a test.

I don't know if you guys remember me telling you about a month ago that my cousin who has been dating a guy for 6 months got pg by accident??? Anyways, she miscarried yesterday . I feel horrible for her. She had to have a d&c last night. I haven't talked to her yet as she was at the hospital all evening and is sleeping now. Poor thing! I didn't tell her I was pg or had a m/c and still am not sure if I want to. Is that really bad? It is just that we have a very large family and everyone likes to chat and while she is very open about her situation, I want to keep mine within my cirlce of closest friends and immediate family. What do you all think?

User Image

13 years ago • Post starter

hi ladies i hope yall dont mind me dropping in on this thread.

to the asprin question. idk if i would take it lisserb said that NSAIDs can cause you not to ovulate and make cysts and i looked it up and there have been studies done on it. ive stopped taking them and my ovaries havent been hurting as bad so maybe its true.

and im so sorry for yalls m/c i know how hard it is ive had 2 myself. the first one i was deeply depressed for about a year and was put on antidepressants but i was also close to three months when i m/c. and the 2nd was a chemical pg last cycle and i took about a week off to just cry and be miserable and just let it all out and lay in bed. then i picked myself up and started the journey again.

i wish all you ladies the best and hopefully this will be our month for BFPs!!!! with sticky little beans!!!!!!

Shea Soy Cycle1- Soy Cycle2- Soy Cycle3- "For nothing is impossible with God" Luke 1:37

13 years ago

Hi girls! Today is day 2 of my clomid. I haven't noticed any symptoms with the increased dose. Hopefully I won't have any symptoms!

Victoria- sorry about you pup. When we moved our dog used the bathroom in the new house for about a week. He finally took it outside. I think he realized this was his new home and it wasn't changing. I hope your pup gets over having accidents in the house!

Aisha- hope you get to feeling better! Benadryl doesn't knock me out but nyquil sure does!

Margaret- hope the night flashes get better!

Nursejones29 welcome to our thread!

13 years ago

thank you hopeful!

i didnt take clomid but i took those soy isoflavones and they gave me a migrane i hear you have worse effects on clomid though so GL and maybe you wont have any side effects!

do yall ever get pg symptoms around O time? i took a nap a while ago and when i woke up i had a splitting headache and was nauseous.

Shea Soy Cycle1- Soy Cycle2- Soy Cycle3- "For nothing is impossible with God" Luke 1:37

13 years ago

Hi Ladies!

Welcome Nurse! I'm pretty sure we've talked through another thread so glad to have you! I regularly get headaches and bloating/nausea around O time and it was even worse on clomid.

Margaret - I don't think its bad at all if you don't want to tell her. For some reason I didn't want to tell anyone really after my m/c and I normally am a people-person. you m/c is your news to share (or not share)!

Aisha - LOVE that you can time everything! I hope it works!

Lindsey - Good that you don't have increased symptoms! I didn't have symptoms on clomid at all till O time and then it was like death! Hopefully your symptoms stay away for your whole cycle!

13 years ago

Hello

totally butting into this thread.

I am on cycle one of clomid

I have not O'd yet i dont think i went to doc on cd14 and they said nope not yet so will see..
i am opking and no pos there... wed was dark but not quite pos and yesterdays was very very light so idk this is so stressful.. I know a few of you on here just from the forum..

I go on cd 21 for progesterone check. will tell me if i have ov or not

When are u BDing
i did everyother day up until monday then everyday until yesterday and took a break then back at it today.. poor dh

ignore my ticker its a big fat liar

Suzy TTC#1 Yayy for Ovulation

13 years ago

Early pregnancy symptoms by day past ovulation

What signs and symptoms are most common on each day past ovulation?

Advertisement

Pregnancy test statistics

Select your day past ovulation to see the statistics and to get an understanding of what result you can expect.

Select your day past ovulation
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo