Community post

Discussion

Anyone else taking Clomid for the first time?

View Full Post

Hi Everyone. I am on cycle day 23 today and I believe I am 4 days past ovulation (though my OPKs have said I am ovulating every day for the last 4 days).
This is my first cycle taking Clomid (days 5 - 9) as my Dr. says I have very mild PCOS. I read on here so many other things that girls taking Clomid are doing but I was given the pills and told to take it every day from 5 -9 and start BDing every day 9 - 16. Because my OPKs didn't show a positive, my hubby and I kept BDing every day until yesterday when I finally decided that we both really needed a break!
I feel like I have done everything I can this month - Clomid, Robitussin, Preseed, tried 13 days in a row and Instead cup. I really hope everything works.
If any one has any Clomid tips, suggestions, knowledge, and especially success stories, I would love to hear them!!
Thanks!!!

User Image

286 Replies • 13 years ago

Advertisement

Pregnancy test calculator

Use this calculator to help you decide when to take your first home pregnancy test.

31 - 40 of 286 Replies | Last Page

Ok so today my temp is 0.25 degrees Farenheit over my baseline. What do you guys think? Did I O?

User Image User Image User Image

13 years ago

Hello - and welcome MeMoni. Thank you for your input. So have you been able to hold off on testing? Still no sign of AF? THis is interesting because I am 11DPO today and trying not to test till 14DPO which is Saturday. My last 2 cycles before I started clomid were 33 days long - which would also be Saturday. Do you think that it could be even longer because of the clomid? Interesting that your Dr said that. I have never heard that!!

Pookerdooks - I wish I knew what that meant. I haven't been temping but plan to start next cycle (if I need to go through another cycle - hopefully not ) What do you other ladies think? Did she o???

TeacherToria - Did you O yet? I hope so!!!

My 2ww is going fine I guess??? Like I said, I am on CD30 and 11DPO. I am trying not to check till Saturday. I am determined to wait. I don't have any symptoms. Not even normal period symptoms. I had some cramps over the weekend but they have went away now. My boobs are a little bit sore but not as much as they would normally be at this time in my cycle. ???

I like chatting with all of you cause it allows me to think about other things and not just focus on symptom searching for myself!!!

User Image

13 years ago • Post starter

HELLO LADIES!

Thank you MeMoni for the info! That helps a lot~ considering it is CD 21 and I haven't ovulated yet. I read on a few websites that if you don't ovulate by 10 days after your last pill you didn't respond well to the medicine. I took my last clomid pill 12 days ago! I think I am going to wait a few more days and then contact my doctor to see what she thinks. This is just crazy because before my miscarriage in December I ovulated (albeit late) every cycle! I have not ovulated since then (we used provera to force a period this cycle so I could take the medicine). I hate my body!

Hopefully I would respond to a higher dose or a different drug. However, I have been in bed for the past few days with a horrible migraine and ovary pain so you'd think this medicine was doing something! Ugh! I hate having to go through all of this for nothing!

pookerdooks ~ I'm not sure about a .25 rise....maybe if it continues to go up over the next few days then you did ovulate! That is what I am hoping for you! However I had that one random spike and then it kind of went back down so I didn't ovulate....:(

moconnor ~ I have NO IDEA where you get your willpower! I would TOTALLY be testing at this point so GOOD FOR YOU! ;) Lack of symptoms can be a great sign!!!! Keep us posted!

13 years ago

Ok. So I broke down and called my doctor. Her nurse called me back and I shared with her my symptoms and my lack of ovulation as of today (CD 21). She said all of my symptoms are super normal and that if I haven't ovulated by now I probably won't (great).

She said to keep charting for 5-6 more days (closer to a normal cycle length) and to submit my chart to the office so my doctor can review it. She said she will probably up my dose to 100 mg next month. She kept trying to reassure me that this happens sometimes but I can't help but feel like I'll never ovulate again! Oh, feeling so defeated. I'm so glad I have you all to talk to!!!

13 years ago

TeacherToria!!! Don't be sad!!! I think tons of people don't respond to 50mg and have to up their dose. I think it is very normal. Just be happy your dr is on it right away. I have to try 50mg 3 times before they will do more tests and up my dose. Please don't worry. Just think - next month will be a new month adn you rwill ovulate.

I don't know how I can not test either? All other months when I was ttc without clomid I was testing all teh time. Maybe fear of disappointment?? I don't know. It is weird I agree. I just don't want to test to Saturday for some reason adn that is SOOO not like me!

User Image

Teachertoria try not to be sad! Luke memoni said some people don't O the first month. I read that is common. But I know its frustrating!

As for me, I got my first positive opk ever today! Since I've neverovulated before I am relieved to know I can ovulate. I feel like a woman finally!

13 years ago

How are you feeling today Teachertoria?

I wanted to invite you ladies to join the BYOB threads. There is a great group of ladies there who are really very supportive!

13 years ago

Hi ladies..so sorry I didn't get to post yesterday..meetings all day!Welp, AF showed up yesterday.CD28, so the Clomid has increased my cycle 2-3 days.I will start my 3rd round tomorrow.Since I o'd on 100mg, no need to change my dosage.I'm using the CBFM and get my peak on cd12, I'm wondering if I'm actually o'ing on cd14 or 15.We bed every other day from cd8 until I got my peak on cd12.We did it on cd12 & 13 but did not for about a week after the cd13.(my dh got his period..he was a butthead for a week) So this month, I WILL do a better job of bding!I'm also going to try really hard to RELAX!Now that I know what side effects to expect, maybe I won't obsess over everything this time and chalk everything up to side effects and not so much on wondering if I'm pregnant.We have spring break coming up in April, so I've got 10 pounds to lose and a tan to get before then, so I think I'll obsess over the losing the weight and not TTC.. as if..anyway, that's where I am CD2..dang it!My fingers are crossed for you guys!!

User Image 05/15/10 7/25/11

13 years ago

Thank you for your support ladies!

My doctor called this morning (again) and wanted me to schedule a pelvic ultrasound to make sure I don't have any cysts before they bump up my dose. The u/s is scheduled for Monday and I have a followup appt on the 28th.

pookerdooks ~ YAY! You got your lh surge! What CD are you on again? Is it 17??? Has your temp gone up yet? I haven't been following the BYOB thread.....any topics in particular or just good old fashioned ttc venting?

MeMoni ~ Boo for AF but glad the 100 mg is working for you! That will be my next step so you give me hope! :)

moconnor ~ Only 2 more days until testing!

13 years ago

MeMoni - I'm sorry the witch showed her face!! I guess I will find out in the next 2 days if I am in the same boat. I'm curious to hear if your symptoms are the same this month as last when you take clomid. Let us know!!! Are you taking it CD 3-7?

TeacherToria - Let me know how the ultrasound goes. Hopefully there are no cysts and you can get your meds right away!

Pookerdooks - did you make sure to bd lots??? Haha. Fingers crossed for you this week. Now your wait begins.

I have been following the feed a little bit. I think I will go on after this and join that discussion as well. Thanks! (I do love our wee little circle here too).

User Image

Early pregnancy symptoms by day past ovulation

What signs and symptoms are most common on each day past ovulation?

Advertisement

Pregnancy test statistics

Select your day past ovulation to see the statistics and to get an understanding of what result you can expect.

Select your day past ovulation
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo