Community post

Discussion

Anyone else taking Clomid for the first time?

View Full Post

Hi Everyone. I am on cycle day 23 today and I believe I am 4 days past ovulation (though my OPKs have said I am ovulating every day for the last 4 days).
This is my first cycle taking Clomid (days 5 - 9) as my Dr. says I have very mild PCOS. I read on here so many other things that girls taking Clomid are doing but I was given the pills and told to take it every day from 5 -9 and start BDing every day 9 - 16. Because my OPKs didn't show a positive, my hubby and I kept BDing every day until yesterday when I finally decided that we both really needed a break!
I feel like I have done everything I can this month - Clomid, Robitussin, Preseed, tried 13 days in a row and Instead cup. I really hope everything works.
If any one has any Clomid tips, suggestions, knowledge, and especially success stories, I would love to hear them!!
Thanks!!!

User Image

286 Replies • 13 years ago

Advertisement

Pregnancy test calculator

Use this calculator to help you decide when to take your first home pregnancy test.

181 - 190 of 286 Replies | Last Page

ok ladies sorry but i have another question. my OPK tuned negative after 3 days of BFPs....does this mean i have sucessfully Od???? i just so skeptical because of my pcos but i had just gotten off BCP last cycle and had a chemical pg so maybe i am regulated enough....hope so!!!!

GL to yall too hopefully we can all set the record for everyone on the same thread to get BFP and cemented beans!!!!

Shea Soy Cycle1- Soy Cycle2- Soy Cycle3- "For nothing is impossible with God" Luke 1:37

13 years ago

HAPPY EASTER LADIES!!!!!

Shea Soy Cycle1- Soy Cycle2- Soy Cycle3- "For nothing is impossible with God" Luke 1:37

13 years ago

Happy Easter everyone!

Welcome Suzy!! During my last clomid round I BD pretty much every day starting CD13 through CD19 but I Oed on CD16... I would have gone longer if I hadn't Oed so early.

Nursejones (Shea, right?)- You probably Oed. Do you temp? That can really help confirm that you Oed.

Margaret- How are you doing today hun? Holidays can be hard.

AFM- I just got back from a long weekend trip to Florida with my dh. It was just what I needed. The warm, salty air definitely cleared my sinuses and my dh and I needed a romantic getaway, just the two of us. I didn't temp or anything because I figured I was infertile, but now my nipples are sore just like after I Oed last time so I'm wondering (but sore nipples could just be from a lot of play). So I guess I will start temping again tomorrow and see. If my temps are up and the nips stay sore, I guess I will consider myself in the tww. If not I will be starting clomid again soon.

User Image User Image User Image

13 years ago

aisha- yes its shea and no i use to temp but i took a break from it this cycle. i checked today though and my temps were higher than my normal 2ww temps of the past so im hoping their is a sticky bean baking in there! and hopefuilly you Od and are in the 2ww too!!!! (even though the 2ww isnt that much fun its better than the alternative)

13 years ago

Hi Ladies,

Welcome to Shea and Suzy!

Aisha - it sounds like a perfect weekend away! Maybe it was just what you needed for baby making!!!!!

Lindsey and Victoria - how are you guys? How was Easter?

For me - yep this weekend is tough. Just heard of another pregnant friend. Tht's hard. She is past 3 months though so I am happy everything is healthy for her.

I am CD12 today. I am using CBFM again this month and because4 of the clomid it showed high fertility days starting around day 10 all the way through to my peak. So far, no high days for me. The last 2 months on clomid I o'd on cd19. I hope everything goes along the same this month but I am not sure because of the m/c. Either way this week will be full of so wish me luck. Lindsey I think you are about the same spot as me in terms of cd's too right?

User Image

13 years ago • Post starter

Hi moconnor!

GL with everthing and happy BDing. i BD all last week so im a little glad my fertility window has done shut off lol it gets tiresome after awhile!

13 years ago

Ladies,

Still no Pos OPK wth... I am so stressed out no wonder I am not OV but were just bding eod now. Hopefully if i do OV i will catch it.

Suzy TTC#1 Yayy for Ovulation

13 years ago

Hi girls! I had a great Easter with my family! My nanny cooked Easter Sunday and it was delicious!!

Aisha- maybe that weekend break was just what you needed! Sounds like you had a good relaxing time away! :)

Margaret- I am not far behind you. I am CD10 today. I can now relate to you with these darn hot flashes!! I have been getting them every night! Those are the only symptoms I have had. Although I have had a killer headache for the last three days. I don't know if it is to blame on the clomid or something else. I am definitely going to use OPKs this cycle to determine if I ovulate. What brand do you recommend?

I also found out this weekend that one of my friends is preggo! I have to admit I wasn't as excited as I should have been for her. It is like every time I find out someone is preggos a little piece of my heart breaks because I wish it was me. Don't get me wrong I am sooo happy for women that get preggos after struggling it is just hard to hear the news.

I hope everyone else is doing good!!

13 years ago

Hi Ladies!

Aisha - I'm so jealous! I need a get away for sure! Hope yours brings some positive results on the O front!

Suzy - Do you temperature chart? Not sure if you already answered that but you definitely need to if you are wondering about O....how long have you been TTC? I think you are the one who replied to my "torturing" post.... hehe!

Shea - for a sticky bean! Keep us posted!

Margaret - Sorry Easter was rough! I know how you feel! I went over to my parents house and my older brother and his wife brought their 7 month old (my parent's 1st grandchild) and everyone was all "goo goo ga ga" over him which is understandable but it doesn't help that I don't get along with my siblings so it was sooooooo upsetting to be there, be ignored by them, and watch all the fuss with the PERFECT baby that my brother and his wife (who are both self proclaimed alcoholics by the way and both had hangovers) tried for 1 month to conceive. Maybe I should start shooting up with heroin....people seem to be rewarded with babies for that kind of behavior.

13 years ago

Hopeful - Just saw your post! You must have been typing at the same time.....Don't feel bad! We all feel that way! I'm on CD 8 but still not back on clomid...need to have my ultrasound in may to make sure my cysts are gone until the doc will put me back on it. However I had a KILLER headache for the 4 days leading up to O when I was on it so maybe you are close!!!

13 years ago

Early pregnancy symptoms by day past ovulation

What signs and symptoms are most common on each day past ovulation?

Advertisement

Pregnancy test statistics

Select your day past ovulation to see the statistics and to get an understanding of what result you can expect.

Select your day past ovulation
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo