Community post

Discussion

Anyone else taking Clomid for the first time?

View Full Post

Hi Everyone. I am on cycle day 23 today and I believe I am 4 days past ovulation (though my OPKs have said I am ovulating every day for the last 4 days).
This is my first cycle taking Clomid (days 5 - 9) as my Dr. says I have very mild PCOS. I read on here so many other things that girls taking Clomid are doing but I was given the pills and told to take it every day from 5 -9 and start BDing every day 9 - 16. Because my OPKs didn't show a positive, my hubby and I kept BDing every day until yesterday when I finally decided that we both really needed a break!
I feel like I have done everything I can this month - Clomid, Robitussin, Preseed, tried 13 days in a row and Instead cup. I really hope everything works.
If any one has any Clomid tips, suggestions, knowledge, and especially success stories, I would love to hear them!!
Thanks!!!

User Image

286 Replies • 13 years ago

Advertisement

Pregnancy test calculator

Use this calculator to help you decide when to take your first home pregnancy test.

21 - 30 of 286 Replies | Last Page

Hi ladies,

Well today was only 13 dpo so still pretty early to expect ovulation with clomid and the opk was negative. However, I checked my cervix today and I couldn't reach it which has never happened before (and remember I've never ovulated since ttc) so I take that as a good sign that I will O soon! No ewcm here but not expecting that with clomid.

So how is the tww going for you ladies?

User Image User Image User Image

13 years ago

Well today is CD 19 and my temp dropped back down so I guess I haven't ov yet. Ugh! This is getting so annoying b/c I've been having some killer back pain and cramps - I could have sworn I ov!

13 years ago

Hi Ladies,

I have been thinking about you both this weekend but was away and didn't have a computer with me!

I am at cycle day 28 today and I believe at 9 DPO. I feel pretty normal. My boobs aren't as sore as they normally are when I am this close to AF. I don't think that is a good sign though because I read that everyone's first sign was super sore boobs! Eek! I have some cramping so I guess we will find out this week. I am going to try not to test till Saturday when I would normally get my period (33 CDs). Try is the key word. Haha.

TeacherToria - I am sorry to hear you haven't O'd yet. Maybe today is the day?! Do you just chart? Do you use OPKs? Maybe I should start charting. My cousin gave me a BBT. What day would I start doing that? Is there any possibility that you did O and you just got that little spike? Would Clomid interfere with the temps?

Pookerdooks - Yep my mom went to Walmart for me yesterday and the lady had never heard of them. She is going to try walgreens. If that doesn't work, I will order some to their condo there and hope they show up before they come home! Interesting that you have used both. I like your idea of saving teh instead cups for closer to O. I will do that for sure!

As far as EWCM and dryness. I did get a bit of EWCM but not much and I was drier this month. I used preseed which helped. I think it is a good idea to have that on hand if need be.

Weird question. Does your hubby get tired of bding? Or ever have a hard time finishing after like day 11 in a row???

User Image

13 years ago • Post starter

Hello moconnor!

Keeping my fingers crossed for you! Only a little more waiting! EEK! :)

No, I'm pretty sure it wasn't ovulation b/c the temp rise was super tiny and didn't continue to go up. As far as I know clomid can't prevent your temp from going up....if anything it makes all of your temps a bit higher overall. The month I miscarried I ovulated on CD 35 so I know that late ovulation is normal for me. I just hope more than anything that my luteal phase gets lengthened and that I do in fact ovulate this month.

Temping is a great way to know with any certainty if and when you ovulated. I would start at the beginning of a new cycle using fertilityfriend.com. It will walk you through how to do it - but I must admit; it can make you a little crazy! Interpreting your temps every am has become somewhat of an obsession for me! But it does give you A LOT of information! Hopefully you will get your BFP and not need to do this! ;)

I don't really use OPKs anymore b/c I would get many false positives throughout my cycle and it was making me insane!

YES! My hubby has been complaining that sex is so "forced" now. I used to have to fight him off with a stick ;) and now it takes some major convincing b/c it is happening all the time. TTC is so stressful. Keep us posted on any tests you end up taking or if AF rears her UgLy head! :)

13 years ago

Hi ladies. CD14 and negative opk as expected. But my cervix is still high which is promising that it may be soon. One good thing I can report is that before taking clomid my temps were crazy- my charts looked like the Himalaya's! But after finishing my last dose of clomid, my temps have been stable and low. So I'm keeping my fingers crossed that I will ovulate this cycle!

moconnor- I've never seen them at walgreens either. If your folks don't get them from online on time and you are comfortable you can message me your address and I will do the same and you can have them ship to me and I will ship them on to you. Hopefully though, you will get a bfp and not need them! I wouldn't worry about that fact that your boobs aren't sore. A lot of women have no symptoms at all until later. Each pregnancy is different! If you can hold out that long to test you are stronger than me!!!!

Teachertoria- I am really curious to see when you will O. So many people seem to o late with clomid, but your normal O is so late already. I wonder if you will O early for you but late for clomid? It seems it could go either way but I will cross my fingers that it will come soon.

As far as the dh goes, as a rule since ttc I never tell him when my fertile time is so every week is treated the same to him (and since I haven't had a period in almost three months, he is pretty much clueless). I pretty much seduce him every night. I think for us it works best that way because even though he knows we are ttc, he still feels desired for something other than his sperm. I think that is important for him. Not sure what else to do to keep the dh from getting tired but if I come up with anything I will let you ladies know.

13 years ago

Morning!

TeacherToria - I am glad to hear I am not alone with regards to sex feeling a bit forced. It is a funny thing because I am so used to being the one that says "maybe not tonight babe" and now the shoe is on the other foot for sure! I could maybe try to not let him in on where I am in my cycle (as you do pookerdooks) but I think he may figure me out! Ha.

So Pookerdooks you are at CD15 and TecherToria, you are at CD21?? It is pretty much O time for both of you right now!! I can't wait to hear when you do O. Let me know. I had really bad back pain this cycle and I didn't relate it to O until I read symptoms of someone else saying they had back pain at O. Has that happened to you guys? Is it happenening now?

Pookerdooks - thank you so much for your offer! I may actually take you up on that!!! You are too kind! I will let you know if they don't find them...

User Image

Hello Ladies!

moconnor ~ CD 20 and no o yet. I'm beginning to feel like all I'm getting from this drug is a migraine. I've had right ovary pain since the weekend and a horrible lower backache AND a migraine for the past 2 days but no o. I'm starting to feel hopeless.

pookerdooks ~ My temperatures definitely stabilized while on clomid too. They were REALLY erratic before and are now within .1 degree every day. You'd think I would ovulate since my body seems to be displaying the "effects" of the drug......hope this isn't all for nothing!!!

13 years ago

TeacherToria - I am sending tons of positive thoughts your way and hoping to O tomorrow (or later today!!!). I don't think you are out of the running yet as I didn't O till day 19 and you are just at day 20!!!

User Image

Hi Ladies..I've been following your thread and thought I'd share w/you my experience.I am on my 2nd cycle of Clomid.1st cycle was 50mg cd3-7.I normally ovulate on my own but I am 39 and the doctor said Clomid will make my eggs better.I normally o on cd11 but I did not O at all on my 1st cycle of Clomid.I use CBFM and never got a peak and my 21day blood work also confirmed no O.2nd cycle the doc bumped me up to 100mg cd3-7.I got my peak on cd12 and 21day blood work confirmed, my number was 24.4.I am now on cd27.I normally have a 25-26 day cycle.I tested over the weekend bfn, but my doc called yesterday and told me that Clomid can push out my cycle by 7 days or so.He told me not to test again until the 14th (as if I can hold out until then)..I'll be testing Friday if AF doesn't show before then.The 1st month's symptoms were horrible..MOODY, boobs tried to kill me, headache, backache etc..2nd round hasn't been as bad.My boobs only tried to kill me during O time and the rest of my aches and pains are just normal.So anyway, my point, hang in there, if you don't O this month it will happen next month.Good luck and lots of baby dust!!

User Image 05/15/10 7/25/11

13 years ago

Thanks for sharing your info MeMoni! That gives me some piece of mind. And I just want to make sure I understand something you said- you're doctor basically said clomid could extend your luteal phase so your 2ww could be more of a 3ww? This is going to drive me nuts!!! I don't know how you're doc thinks you can wait til the 14th!!!

moconnor- how's your 2ww going?

teachertoria- hopefully you O'd today and your temp will be up tomorrow. Also, do you know if clomid affects your temps after ovulation? Maybe it is keeping it stable after your O? I don't know, but maybe it's something to look into?

I'm not really sure what is going on right now because my cervix is still super high and today my temp dipped to the lowest it's ever been, but my opk was negative. I guess I will see what my temp does tomorrow. I really hope I O by day 19 because my dh goes out of town that day so we won't be able to bd after that.

13 years ago

Last page

Early pregnancy symptoms by day past ovulation

What signs and symptoms are most common on each day past ovulation?

Advertisement

Pregnancy test statistics

Select your day past ovulation to see the statistics and to get an understanding of what result you can expect.

Select your day past ovulation
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo