Community post

Discussion

Anyone else taking Clomid for the first time?

View Full Post

Hi Everyone. I am on cycle day 23 today and I believe I am 4 days past ovulation (though my OPKs have said I am ovulating every day for the last 4 days).
This is my first cycle taking Clomid (days 5 - 9) as my Dr. says I have very mild PCOS. I read on here so many other things that girls taking Clomid are doing but I was given the pills and told to take it every day from 5 -9 and start BDing every day 9 - 16. Because my OPKs didn't show a positive, my hubby and I kept BDing every day until yesterday when I finally decided that we both really needed a break!
I feel like I have done everything I can this month - Clomid, Robitussin, Preseed, tried 13 days in a row and Instead cup. I really hope everything works.
If any one has any Clomid tips, suggestions, knowledge, and especially success stories, I would love to hear them!!
Thanks!!!

User Image

286 Replies • 13 years ago

Advertisement

Pregnancy test calculator

Use this calculator to help you decide when to take your first home pregnancy test.

161 - 170 of 286 Replies | Last Page

Spotting at this point can be normal. Especially if it's brown because that means it's old blood. It's even possible that it's from implantation. Since you have a mucus plug now it can take a while for blood to leak out.

Try to relax (easier said than done, I know!), cuddle up with your dh, and watch a relaxing movie.

They are probably just doing the ultrasound since you've had fertility problems and conceived on clomid. Did they do a blood test yet?

I will be praying for you though I'm sure all is ok. I pray for you guys anyway everyday, and will continue to pray throughout your pregnancy.

User Image User Image User Image

13 years ago

Hi Margaret -

How MUCH are you spotting? Has it slowed down or gotten worse? Brown is definitely better than red, but either way it doesn't necessarily mean somethings wrong - like Aisha said. I will definitely be keeping you in my thoughts. Let us know how your appt goes.

Aisha - My belly IS the problem.... ! I definitely don't want to show it off in a a class or anything! I think I'll just stick to the treadmill but thanks for the suggestion! Anyways, it would probably look like I was trying to do the truffle shuffle ("Goonies") if I attempted...

13 years ago

Hi Girlies,

Well I'm VERY sad to say that the bleeding got way worse and I went to the hospital this morning. I lost my little bean. I am really upset right now (obviously) but am trying to keep my head up. I came into work because I own a company with my dad and he is off because he just had hip replacement surgery so one of us should be here. It is proving a good distraction for the moment. My husband is also very upset but had to go to work because he is an accountant and it is tax season. We are just going to spend the evening watching movies and maybe ordering in some dinner.

Thank you for all your support. I guess we are back to CD2 for me today. Because my pregnancy was so early, I am still able to try again this month so back on the clomid I go.

User Image

13 years ago • Post starter

Oh my goodness! I am soooo sorry Margaret!! There is nothing anyone can say to make you feel better I know but just know we are thinking about you! Do whatever you need to do to grieve and/or feel better! Again I am so sorry hon!

13 years ago

Thanks Victoria. Yep today has been rough. Thank goodness it is the weekend now and thank goodness I have you girls.

You hear that miscarriage is so common but I really didn't imagine it happening to me.

You are right that there is nothing that can be said that cna make it better right now. The one positive I am thinking if is that now I know that I am able to get preggers. This gives me hope that it will happen again for me.

Thank you for being so wonderful. You really don't know what it means to have you guys to talk to right now. It is everything!!!!

User Image

Oh no! I am so sad for you that I am honestly crying for you right now so I truly can't imagine how you must feel. All I can do is offer my prayers. As soon as this is posted I will be getting on my knees to pray for you and your dh to heal emotionally and get through this

13 years ago

I'm so sorry Margaret. I'm sending up prayers for you and DH. You have been in my thoughts.

The whole process of getting pregnant and then carrying your baby is so scary. To be so close to your dream... I do agree with you about the situation giving you hope of knowing you can get pregnant. That is a miracle in itself. Stay strong!

It is CD1 for me today. Nothing really new going on. I will start the next round of clomid 100 mg on CD5.

13 years ago

Hi Ladies,

Thanks for the amazing support. Thank you for the prayers. I am honestly surprised how much this has upset me. I knew it would be hard but I don't even feel like myself. I feel bad because I am sure I am not fun to be around right now. Big sign.

But....counting from the day I starting spotting (thursday) I am on CD4 today and start taking clomid again tomorrow. The ER Dr. said we could keep trying this month because I miscarried so early. So here we go again....

Lindsey, I am glad that you are CD2 today. We will be close in days this month.

Aisha and Victoria, what are your scoops right now?

Thanks again ladies!!!!

User Image

Margaret- I can't imagine. Please feel free to let it all out to us

Lindsey- Is this your first cycle on 100?

As for me, nothing really going on. I'm on CD27 and never Oed so now I'm just going to wait a week or two and see if I get the witch. If not, I will take an hpt to be safe and then start popping the clomid.

13 years ago

Margaret we are here to support you through good days and bad days!! I am one day behind you this cycle. I will start my clomid on Wednesday.

Aisha- yep this is my first cycle on 100mg. I took 50 mg last month. My progesterone was low on the 50 so they bumped me up! I hope this works! I'm happy for you that you get to start the clomid back up! I wish your doctor would have been honest so you wouldn't had to miss a month off of it.

Victoria- I hope all is well with you!

13 years ago

Early pregnancy symptoms by day past ovulation

What signs and symptoms are most common on each day past ovulation?

Advertisement

Pregnancy test statistics

Select your day past ovulation to see the statistics and to get an understanding of what result you can expect.

Select your day past ovulation
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo