Community post

Discussion

Anyone else taking Clomid for the first time?

View Full Post

Hi Everyone. I am on cycle day 23 today and I believe I am 4 days past ovulation (though my OPKs have said I am ovulating every day for the last 4 days).
This is my first cycle taking Clomid (days 5 - 9) as my Dr. says I have very mild PCOS. I read on here so many other things that girls taking Clomid are doing but I was given the pills and told to take it every day from 5 -9 and start BDing every day 9 - 16. Because my OPKs didn't show a positive, my hubby and I kept BDing every day until yesterday when I finally decided that we both really needed a break!
I feel like I have done everything I can this month - Clomid, Robitussin, Preseed, tried 13 days in a row and Instead cup. I really hope everything works.
If any one has any Clomid tips, suggestions, knowledge, and especially success stories, I would love to hear them!!
Thanks!!!

User Image

286 Replies • 13 years ago

Advertisement

Pregnancy test calculator

Use this calculator to help you decide when to take your first home pregnancy test.

11 - 20 of 286 Replies | Last Page

pookerdooks ~

I TOTALLY understand your frustration about our twisted health care system! Yeah, pay for vasectomies but not help responsible, hard-working Americans with their fertility issues!

Hopefully your condition will calm down soon! I swear, I am never going on birth control again because I sear it has messed my body up big time! Maybe even caused my luteal phase defect and low progesterone issues....PRAYING that clomid works!!!!!!!

13 years ago

Yep I do NOT envy how you have to pay for everything in the states, but I am jealous of that fact that when you pay for treatments, you get the best!!!

There is nothing wrong with Canadian health care other then you have to wait a lot long to be seen adn for surgeries. Also I guess the follow up isn't alwasy AS good. I guess it is a fair trade off though.

I just called my Dr's office to have a chat but they are on holidays till March 14th!! I was going to make sure that ovulating that late is what he wanted for me becuase he told me to "try" CD9 - CD16 and I didn't ovulate till CD19 (ish) so had I not been using OPK there wouldn't even be a chance this month... hmmmm

User Image

13 years ago • Post starter

Hmmm CD9 seems a little early. Everything I've read in my own medical texts says that most people ovulate 5-9 days after their last dose of clomid so if you took it on cd5-9 then you would probably ovulate on days 14-19. Of course that's the average range so you could ovulate before or after. But 19 is definitely normal if you took the pills 5-9. Glad you used the opk!

I've honestly put a lot of thought into the Canadian and US health systems and I think the best idea is to combine them to have public health care but private options for people who are willing to pay more. What do you guys think? LoL here I am discussing politics on a ttc thread!

How did you like the soft cups? I bought them to try this month too along with preseed. I was told that clomid can cause vaginal dryness so I bought the preseed in case I need lubrication. I haven't bded yet since taking the clomid because dh is out of town so I don't know if I'm dry or not. I have actually noticed an increase in watery cm, but I'm not sure that kind will lubricate well or not.

Oh the adventures of ttc!

User Image User Image User Image

13 years ago

Oh pookerdooks...you are so funny! :) I'm not really into politics but when it comes to health care I get pretty fired up. I am a health teacher so have studied different systems and lead many debates in my classes on these issues! Yes, I agree they need to combine the two but definitely making the system more efficient by eliminating some of the administrative costs is a priority. We waste way too much money on paperwork!

Preseed is AWESOME! The month I conceived was the only month I used it so we are trying again this month!

moconnor~ I agree with pookerdooks that ovulating on CD 19 is TOTALLY normal! In fact anything before day 21 is considered great. I know this because many people have a follicle scan on CD 21 to see IF they ovulated while on clomid. I am surprised your doctor said to "try" days 9-16. With the dozens of BBT charts I have looked at I can tell you that the EARLIEST ovulation day I saw was ONE person at day 11 but the vast majority were after day 14. You may google search "late ovulation on clomid" and see the tons of message boards of people saying they ovulated "late" as well. This might put your mind at ease.

Anyways, CD 15 for me and no temp rise yet. DH and I are getting tired of BDing already so I hope I ovulate soon! LOL!

13 years ago

TeacherToria-glad you share my passion for healthcare politics! That is one of the only topics that I get super fired up about too! I hope you O soon so you can have a rest! I'm glad you like preseed and had success with it in the past! Now I'm excited to give it a try!

I'm on what I'm calling CD11 and I'm going to start BDing tonight and take my first opk tomorrow though I'm not expecting anything any earlier than Monday. I decided to splurge this month so I bought the Clearblue Easy Digital opk (7 pack) because trying to interpret lines on opks drives me batty and since I know the general week that I should O I figure those should work...and they were on sale- yay!

moconnor- did you like the instead cups? I'm planning on using them for the first time and I'm curious what you think.

Good luck ladies!

13 years ago

Morning Ladies and Happy Friday!!!

Thanks for the notes about the late ovualtion. TeacherToria - I will google that and put my mind to rest. Thanks.

I am glad you guys think BDing CD 9 - 16 is a bit off. I was wondering??? We "had" to BD every night from 9 - 21 cause I was never really sure when I was going to O. That is a lot of BDing and we were so tired of it by the end! Ha.

Pookerdooks - I say I used instead cups cause that is what you have in the US and what everyone mentions. In Canada we only have the Diva Cup which is esentially the same thing except it sits deeper in the vaginal canal so it sounds like it isn't quite as helpful.

My parents are in the US right now for a month so I am going to ask them to bring me a box of instead cups home. Does anyone know what drug stores carry them?

Anyways, as far as comfort, the diva cup works just fine. Doesn't bother me at all. My thoughts with either cup is that it is better than nothing! At least holds everything "in".

I hope this is THE month for all of us!! I am going to try to relax about it this weekend but it is so hard!!!

User Image

13 years ago • Post starter

I bought the instead cups online because I've never seen them in store. I've also used the diva cup for years for menstruation and I love it for that. I also like that its reusable unlike the instead cups. I actually used the diva cup last night because I want to save the instead for closer to my o day because I only have 6. The diva cup definitely hold the sperm in which is great, but I'm hoping the instead cups will keep it right at my cervix.

How's your tww going?

13 years ago

I've never used those cups....although it might not be a bad idea...."it" always spills out! LOL!

CD 17 and no temp rise. More BDing I guess. See moconnor - late ovulation = totally common! ;) I just hope I ovulate!

Hey, have you girls noticed if your CM has dried up? I know clomid can do that and I don't really have any EWCM yet. I usually always do. moconnor - did you get EWCM before you ovulated this cycle?

13 years ago

I started Opks today at cd12 and no surge yet as expected but I wanted to test just in case. My cm isn't dry but it definitely isnt ewcm. I heard clomid can cause drying which is why I decided to get preseed. Tried it last night and I loved it. Dh didn't even notice it which is a good thing.

I definitely recommend cups of some kind. You can keep them in for 12 hours which is particularly great for morning or daytime BDing when you can't stay horizontal as long!

13 years ago

OK. So today is CD 18 for me (Sunday). I THINK I ovulated yesterday or today but will have to wait a few days to see if my chart confirms it. My temp only went up about .2 degrees so far and usually it is more but I am having lower back pain, bloating, and right ovary pain. I read this is pretty common for clomid but I never got A LOT of EWCM like I usually do (also common though). I'll keep you posted.

pookerdooks ~ any + opks yet?

moconnnor ~How are you doing?

13 years ago

Last page

Early pregnancy symptoms by day past ovulation

What signs and symptoms are most common on each day past ovulation?

Advertisement

Pregnancy test statistics

Select your day past ovulation to see the statistics and to get an understanding of what result you can expect.

Select your day past ovulation
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo