Community post

Discussion

Anyone else taking Clomid for the first time?

View Full Post

Hi Everyone. I am on cycle day 23 today and I believe I am 4 days past ovulation (though my OPKs have said I am ovulating every day for the last 4 days).
This is my first cycle taking Clomid (days 5 - 9) as my Dr. says I have very mild PCOS. I read on here so many other things that girls taking Clomid are doing but I was given the pills and told to take it every day from 5 -9 and start BDing every day 9 - 16. Because my OPKs didn't show a positive, my hubby and I kept BDing every day until yesterday when I finally decided that we both really needed a break!
I feel like I have done everything I can this month - Clomid, Robitussin, Preseed, tried 13 days in a row and Instead cup. I really hope everything works.
If any one has any Clomid tips, suggestions, knowledge, and especially success stories, I would love to hear them!!
Thanks!!!

User Image

286 Replies • 13 years ago

Advertisement

Pregnancy test calculator

Use this calculator to help you decide when to take your first home pregnancy test.

201 - 210 of 286 Replies | Last Page

Believe me Suzy, we are trying!!!!

User Image User Image User Image

13 years ago

Aww Suzy - I hope you did. We are all workin' on getting' knocked up ASAP!!! Hopefully someone will soon!

Aisha - I think you probably did O. I am gusessing it was just a couple days ago but I don't really know. You're the med student! Haha.

Victoria - I am so so sorry to hear about your cysts. How are you feeling? Are you in pain? Did the Dr. call you with an offical reading yet???? Please let us know how you are doing

AFM - I am CD14 today and my CBFM is working even better than last month. Last month it showed high fertility days from about day 8 till I ovulated (and it showed the peak) on day 19. It is only supposed to show high days the 5 days before you O. THis month it has showed low fertility until today which is perfectly aligned with my Oing on day 19. I am so happy this is working.

This will also be my first cycle with instead cups as I did end up ordering them from the states. I am also taking low does asprin every day as it is reccomended to help with implantation. Both these things are new for me this cycle. These 2 combined with pre-seed, pre-natals, and baby socks under my pillow will hopefully give me everything I need for this month. If not - I am self diagnosing myself as a ttc crazy lady!!!

User Image

13 years ago • Post starter

Hmmmm keep us posted about the cups. There selling them at my local walgreens but i was to scared to buy them.

I would probably get the damn thing stuck thats my luck...

Suzy TTC#1 Yayy for Ovulation

13 years ago

Hi Ladies,

The doctor called last night and the news was not as bad as I thought. Both of my cysts did rupture and I'm still bleeding a bit but it should stop soon. I am still a bit crampy but it is much better than yesterday. The doctor said the other "cyst" on the left side looks like more of a "functional cyst" meaning my body is preparing for ovulation. She said I had great blood flow to my ovaries and several follicles growing on each ovary. I have an appointment to meet with her next week to discuss our options now.

Margaret - I'm glad the monitor is working for you better now! I am thinking of getting one still but might still wait another cycle or 2 to see what is happening with my body.

Suzy - I ovulated on CD 21 while on clomid which is totally normal. Clomid makes MANY women ovulate late. Don't lose hope! I buy cheapie OPKs online that do work, but I get multiple positive OPKs throughout my cycle so I am just sticking to temping because that is more accurate and I was getting so frustrated trying to interpret the OPKs.

Aisha - I bought myself a few new outfits and that always cheers me up. Especially when someone notices! I went to the doctor a few weeks ago and a man walking out as I was coming in said, "I didn't know such beautiful women came here!" - super cheesy but deep down made me feel good. :) Rock those sexy jeans girl!

Shea- Keep us posted on your TTW! Any symptoms yet?

Thanks for all your support ladies! There are more of us on this thread now so I am having a hard time keeping everyone's stories straight but I really enjoy chatting with you ladies!!!!

13 years ago

Margaret- Is it possible to NOT be a crazy TTC lady when ttc? Anyway, happy and good luck with the softcups!

Suzy- I really like the cups! They look intimidating but they aren't hard at all for me at least to get them in and out.

Victoria- Yeah! It does feel good to be noticed especially if the person tells you in a good way and not a creepy way. I know it can really cheer me up. I'm glad to hear your situation isn't as bad as they thought. Maybe the functional cyst will do it's thing and you will get pregnant this cycle! Anyway, I hope you feel better soon!

AFM- I've polled a bunch of people and I'm getting a mix of whether I'm 11 dpo or 2 dpo. I guess it really doesn't matter since I wasn't really trying this cycle. I suppose if AF doesn't show up in 2 days or then 11 days I will maybe start thinking of testing

13 years ago

I OVULATED yayyyyyyyyyyy... WE bd about everyday during fertile period so i hope we caught the egg....

If not at least I am ov and have a shot.

WOW what a relief

13 years ago

Yay for Suzy!!!!

At least now you know if you don't get your bfp this time that at least clomid works for you! I was really happy for that reason when I Oed the first time on clomid (especially since I don't think I ever Oed before in my life at that point lol)

13 years ago

Yippee Suzy!!!! That is over half the battle I would say. So happy for you! So how many DPO are you?

User Image

13 years ago • Post starter

Well since I never got A pos OPK i am not sure..

I went at cd14 and had not ov yet i went yesterday at cd21 and I had lol

I am thinking around cd 16 or so ?

According to my ticker lol I am 6dpo but I think its wrong lol..

13 years ago

Yippeeee for Suzy! I had a feeling you would!

13 years ago

Early pregnancy symptoms by day past ovulation

What signs and symptoms are most common on each day past ovulation?

Advertisement

Pregnancy test statistics

Select your day past ovulation to see the statistics and to get an understanding of what result you can expect.

Select your day past ovulation
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo