Community post

Discussion

Anyone else taking Clomid for the first time?

View Full Post

Hi Everyone. I am on cycle day 23 today and I believe I am 4 days past ovulation (though my OPKs have said I am ovulating every day for the last 4 days).
This is my first cycle taking Clomid (days 5 - 9) as my Dr. says I have very mild PCOS. I read on here so many other things that girls taking Clomid are doing but I was given the pills and told to take it every day from 5 -9 and start BDing every day 9 - 16. Because my OPKs didn't show a positive, my hubby and I kept BDing every day until yesterday when I finally decided that we both really needed a break!
I feel like I have done everything I can this month - Clomid, Robitussin, Preseed, tried 13 days in a row and Instead cup. I really hope everything works.
If any one has any Clomid tips, suggestions, knowledge, and especially success stories, I would love to hear them!!
Thanks!!!

User Image

286 Replies • 13 years ago

Advertisement

Pregnancy test calculator

Use this calculator to help you decide when to take your first home pregnancy test.

91 - 100 of 286 Replies | Last Page

Thank you all so much. With my dh out of town again it means the world to me to have the support of you ladies.

Hopefully I will find out soon how severe my case is. It may not be that bad, but with my medical training I can't get the worst possibility out of my head

User Image User Image User Image

13 years ago

How are you doing Aisha? I've been thinking about you and sending positive vibes your way!

Still no AF for me but a big temp drop this morning and I have a headache so I think she is on the way. I'm in a pretty good mood about it surprisingly because today is 13 DPO which means even if I start today my luteal phase with be 12 days which is totally normal and longer than its ever been! It kind of sucks that I can't continue to take the clomid for a while but at least I know it "works".

I'm under so much stress b/c we are moving right now and I'm hosting a baby shower this weekend. Hopefully this clomid "break" will allow me to heal and give me time to get things back to normal.

Lindsey & Margaret - How are you ladies doing?

13 years ago

Aisha - I have been thinking about you all day as well. I hope you are doing well.

Victoria - tons on your plate right now! Wow. Yes maybe a break is what is needed...

I am doing well. CD12 for me today. We are going to start trying tonight even though I am sure that I wont ovulate till day 19 at the earliest. Better safe then sorry.

I have my fingers crossed for you taht AF doesn't arrive!!!

User Image

13 years ago • Post starter

Aisha- I hope you are doing better. I am so sorry you got that news.

I'm doing well. I'm on day two of the clomid and can't notice any new symptoms. I'm sure it takes a little bit before symptoms really start showing up. What day do you girls think I should start BDing. I'm not sure what day I will ovulate. My last cycle was 35 days. It is very irregular so it is hard for me to calculate.

I hope AF doesn't show up for you. That has to be stressful to be hosting a baby shower with everything else going on. You are a strong lady!!

I need to vent!
I found out that my husbands 19 yr old cousin is pregnant with her 2nd child! Did I mention the first child is 5 months old!!! Ughhhhhhh! I am so irritated that I can not even be happy for her! She can barely support the one now two!!! I can't even have one and now she is popping out the second one! I know I should not be so disgruntled but I can't help it!

Ok thanks for letting me get that out!

I hope everyone has a good day tomorrow!

13 years ago

Hi Lindsey!

Are you taking the clomid CD 5-9? If so that means you are on CD 6? I would BD at least every other day starting CD 12 until you know you've ovulated. I forgot, do you track your temperatures? Don't be surprised if you ovulate late though...that is really common on clomid - all of us on this thread ovulated rather late. Good luck!

I TOTALLY know what you mean about your cousin. My hubby's cousin had a baby at 19 - and the guy that got her pregnant got another 15-year-old pregnant the same week! Two different teenagers pregnant at the same time...nice. He is now married to the then 15-year-old who is now 18 and they are expecting their second child. Meanwhile my hubby's cousin keeps saying, "When are you guys gonna have a baby?" I just feel like screaming - "Well gee we've been trying almost a year, had a miscarriage and all sorts of fertility problems diagnosed; must be nice to have a one-night stand and end up pregnant!" I know that is awful for me to think but I can't help it!

13 years ago

Hi ladies. I'm feeling much better today. Thanks for asking. I let myself go through a lot of emotions today and feel better for now. Hopefully I hear soon how severe it is and God willing it won't be too bad.

Victoria- sorry the witch is coming and that you have such a stressful week ahead! But I'm so glad your luteal phase was better.

Margaret- yeah I started BDing on cd12 last time too and I'm glad because I Oed on CD16! Have fun!

Lindsey- the only side effects I had were a few hot flashes during the days I took the clomid. I started OPKs and BDing on cd12 and Oed on CD16 but everyone is different. However, I don't think I've ever heard of anyone on clomid Oing before CD14 so as long as you start on CD12 or 13 you should be fine. I also understand your frustration about the cousin!!! I'm a medical student and I nearly threw up the other day because a pathologist handed me the aborted fetuses of two twins! All I could wonder was why did God give this person twins who didn't even want them and then not allow me to have children? It's so frustrating!!!

Well, I think the witch is on her way for me too. Today I had weird discharge which I think may be spotting. Not sure though...

13 years ago

Well is keeping me from sleeping with severe warning cramps. She will be here any hour now....

I decided not to use clomid this cycle. I'm hoping that one round was all I needed to "kickstart" my body to ovulate. I will see if I ovulate this month and go from there. I hope I can ovulate on my own now that clomid got me started. I'm just really scared to take clomid now because of the increased risk of twins- with a bicornuate uterus that would be very dangerous since even one is hard to carry to term. I'm going to break the bank and buy a fertility monitor today and see where to go with that.

13 years ago

Hi Ladies,

Hope everyone had a nice evening.

Lindsey - the girls are right that we all seemed to ovulate later while on clomid. I O'd on day 19. Aisha did on day 16. I am hoping that maybe I will O a couple days sooner now that this is my second round of clomid - I'm not sure it works like this though. I will let you know. As far as symptoms, my only ones were hot flashes at night. I also take clomid days 5 - 9 and the hot flashes started for me on day 7 and lasted till day 10. Not that bad though. I say they are worth it.

As far as your cousin, I also know what you mean! The day that AF arrived for me this month, I also found out my little cousin is preggers. She has been with this guy for all of 4 or 5 months and it was not a planned pregnancy. Arg! I am happy for her, but it just crushed me!!!

Victoria - still no AF??? Is it 14DPO today? When are you testing?

Aisha - Did AF show up? I totally understand your reasoning with not taking clomid this month. Please stay part of this group though! I am very curious to hear how your cycle goes.

I think I told you that I bought the CBFM as well. I know it doesn't work as well for people on Clomid, but I decided to go for it anyways. I am also going to start using OPKs tomorrow as a back up in case the CBFM gets confused because of the clomid.I will let you know. It should work great for you if you are off the clomid. I find it easy to use and I like that it uses FMU instead of the afternoon like OPKs cause I'm not always home in the afternoon. Let me know your thoughts once you get it.

User Image

13 years ago • Post starter

Well I'm pretty sure is here. I had some weird brownish discharge this morning and wicked cramps and a headache all night. Arg! 13 day luteal phase though so yay!

Aisha - I won't be on clomid this cycle either so it will be interesting to see if it has kickstarted our cycles!

13 years ago

Margaret- what day are you on now?

Victoria- Uggg I hear ya! I've had cramping on and off all day and At least it isn't as heavy as it used to be. She sucks.

I do plan on sticking around with you girls even though I can't take clomid anymore. I'm going to try chasteberry supplements. They don't induce ovulation like clomid so multiples shouldn't be an issue, but it can help hormonal imbalances including the one I have with my prolactin. Also, it helps PMS and I have PMDD so I need the help, especially because I had to cut the dose in half of the meds I take for PMDD because afer all the bloodwork came back it was determined that my prolactin problem was a side effect of that drug.

I'm in such a foul mood today. Between not being pg, PMS, and still worried about my damn uterus I just want to punch something then curl up in a ball and go to sleep.

I hope you ladies are having a better day.

And don't worry Lindsey, we usually are a much more fun group than we may seem right now. I'm totally not myself at the moment but I should be back to normal soon.

13 years ago

Early pregnancy symptoms by day past ovulation

What signs and symptoms are most common on each day past ovulation?

Advertisement

Pregnancy test statistics

Select your day past ovulation to see the statistics and to get an understanding of what result you can expect.

Select your day past ovulation
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo