Community post

Discussion

Anyone else taking Clomid for the first time?

View Full Post

Hi Everyone. I am on cycle day 23 today and I believe I am 4 days past ovulation (though my OPKs have said I am ovulating every day for the last 4 days).
This is my first cycle taking Clomid (days 5 - 9) as my Dr. says I have very mild PCOS. I read on here so many other things that girls taking Clomid are doing but I was given the pills and told to take it every day from 5 -9 and start BDing every day 9 - 16. Because my OPKs didn't show a positive, my hubby and I kept BDing every day until yesterday when I finally decided that we both really needed a break!
I feel like I have done everything I can this month - Clomid, Robitussin, Preseed, tried 13 days in a row and Instead cup. I really hope everything works.
If any one has any Clomid tips, suggestions, knowledge, and especially success stories, I would love to hear them!!
Thanks!!!

User Image

286 Replies • 13 years ago

Advertisement

Pregnancy test calculator

Use this calculator to help you decide when to take your first home pregnancy test.

121 - 130 of 286 Replies | Last Page

That's ok Margaret! I was just confused and thought I might have said something about it...haha! I hope all of the BDing works for you!!

I have had this pain before around the same time on each cycle but not as intense as now with taking the clomid. I told her about the pain when it first started before the clomid and my dr said that it was probably due to me having ovulation on that side. She didnt seem too concerned. I don't know though since the pain is a little more intense. I guess I will wait and see! I will definitely tell her if it persists or gets worse.

Thanks for the info on preseed! I will have to order some!

13 years ago

Hi ladies!

Margaret- I think 4 days versus 14 should be doable! You must have worn your dh out last cycle! I hope you wont need to soft cups next cycle, but I really liked them!

I actually just bought my OPKs from a drug store. I was able to get 20 tests for under $20 plus I didn't have to deal with shipping (and they came with a pee cup ) so I figured it was a bargain! They said on the lablel that if your cycle was less than 35 days to start using them the day after your period ended so I decided to go with that- I'm hoping my cycle will be less than 35 days!

I started the vitex today. The capsules are gelatin which I don't consume so I've had to make some accomondations... I had some unique tea this afternoon and pizza for dinner I couldn't taste it at all on the pizza but could in the tea... maybe I need to brew that stronger but really it wasn't too bad!

Happy to the ladies who are there! Hopefully Victoria and I won't be too far behind you!

User Image User Image User Image

13 years ago

Where is everyone?

13 years ago

HELLO!

Sorry - was a busy last couple days for me.

Aisha - how is the Vitex going? What CD are you? O time yet? I am really curious how Oing goes for you now that you are off clomid. Seems like you got a great deal no OPKs. That is great. How are they working? Is the line getting darker?

Lindsey - did you pain let up? Did you end up Oing? What CD are you?

Victoria - you are CD 12 now right? Getting closer to O!!! I am also excited to hear how yours goes since off clomid.

As for me - I am 6 DPO today. No real signs of anything going on. I had a couple glasses of wine this weekend and feel horrible about it, but everyone (that knows we are trying) reassures me that this is ok at this point. Eek! What do you all think?

User Image

13 years ago • Post starter

Margaret- since it's highly unlikely that you implanted before 6dpo, it was probably fine to have a drink since the little bean is on it's own before that!!! Are you going to start testing in a few days or wait til AF is due? Did you have any more clomid symptoms this cycle than you did first cycle?

I'm hoping the vitex is working! My cervical position is changing like it did on the clomid (which it never did before) and my cm is changing too. Also, when I first started the opks this round they were completely blank- they would have been a bfn if they had been hpts. Now there is a line that is getting darker every day so I really hope I O!

But, I have really great news! My doctor was completely wrong about my uterus!!! It's perfectly normal!!!! So if I don't O and don't get a bfp this cycle, I can get back on clomid!!!!

13 years ago

Aisha- WOW!!!! What wonderful news! I hope you O and get bfp!

The pain has let up. So I hope that is a good sign. I'm not for sure when I will O. I'm on CD19. I will have blood drawn on Wednesday to see if I actually Oed on the clomid. We did not do any O tests this month. However if I do not get a bfp this month I plan on buying them to test my next cycle.

It also has been crazy the past few days for me. It feels like I have been working non stop!

ladies!!!

13 years ago

Yippee Aisha!!!! that is awesome news!!!! I am so happy for you.

Nope I didn't really get any new symptoms this month on Clomid from last. All pretty much the same. That is good. My dose stayed the same though, so???

Thank you for the reassurance. I just really wanted one final () taste of wine.

Lindsey - Both months I haven't o'd till CD19 when on Clomid. If I were you, I would be BDing tonight!!!! From what I have been told, clomid often pushes your O day back later!!!

User Image

Hi Ladies!

Sorry for being MIA! I've been moving over the past couple days! Such a stressful time. I've been really bad about temping everyday and am not BDing at all really. I did have EWCM the last 2 days but I'm sick too so haven't been in the mood to baby make..... I think I'm on CD 12 or 13....that's how out of it I am this month!

Aisha - YAY!!!!!!!!!! I am thrilled for you! How aweful that your doctor would scare you like that!!! They should keep their mouths shut b4 freaking patients out like that!

Margaret - Don't feel bad at all about the beverage. I second what Aisha said!

13 years ago

Thanks everyone!!!

Margaret- I'm glad your symptoms didn't increase. Someone said somewhere that some people get increased symptoms with each round so I was wondering if that's true. So you Oed the same day both cycles? I wonder if that will be the case with me then too... if that's just how our bodies respond to the clomid.

Lindsey- I'm glad the pain is letting up!!! Did you O?

Victoria- I hope the move went well! I hope you feel better soon!

So my dh and I were looking back on it and he thinks I was the victim of a gyno-mill. Docs in the US get paid more to do surgeries and procedures than they do for consults and unfortunately some corrupt docs will try to get patients to do surgeries they don't need (I nearly got kicked out of medical school for arguing with one of my professors because he was talking a woman into a surgery that I strongly disagreed with). They will give incentives to their staff and to radiologists they work with to find abnormalities so they can operate. My gyno did not know that my dh is a doc and that I'm a medical student. When I told her I wanted to get my MRI done at the place that my dh has professional connections with instead of the place she sends her patients she got huffy and wouldn't write the referral so my dh had to write it. Who knows what they would have claimed to find if I had gone to their place!!! Of course I would have looked at the MRIs myself afterward and seen they were normal (this is why I don't like telling my docs that my dh and I are docs too!). It makes me sick.... they may have tried to talk me into getting a surgery that could potentially cause more fertility problems- and then another surgery to fix that!!!!

Some people will do anything for money

13 years ago

Aisha!!! That is horrible! I am so happy that you and hubby are well informed enough to keep an eye on whats going on. It makes me feel bad for everyone else that doesn't know!!! Canada is the opposite. I feel that they only do things if totally needed because there is such a back log of patients that need to be seen. THis being said, they have been great with me and my fertility issues!

Victoria - welcome back! Life gets in the way sometimes, that is just how it goes. Maybe you haven't O'd yet this month and the mood will strike in the next day or 2.....

User Image

Early pregnancy symptoms by day past ovulation

What signs and symptoms are most common on each day past ovulation?

Advertisement

Pregnancy test statistics

Select your day past ovulation to see the statistics and to get an understanding of what result you can expect.

Select your day past ovulation
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo