Community post

Discussion

Anyone else taking Clomid for the first time?

View Full Post

Hi Everyone. I am on cycle day 23 today and I believe I am 4 days past ovulation (though my OPKs have said I am ovulating every day for the last 4 days).
This is my first cycle taking Clomid (days 5 - 9) as my Dr. says I have very mild PCOS. I read on here so many other things that girls taking Clomid are doing but I was given the pills and told to take it every day from 5 -9 and start BDing every day 9 - 16. Because my OPKs didn't show a positive, my hubby and I kept BDing every day until yesterday when I finally decided that we both really needed a break!
I feel like I have done everything I can this month - Clomid, Robitussin, Preseed, tried 13 days in a row and Instead cup. I really hope everything works.
If any one has any Clomid tips, suggestions, knowledge, and especially success stories, I would love to hear them!!
Thanks!!!

User Image

286 Replies • 13 years ago

Advertisement

Pregnancy test calculator

Use this calculator to help you decide when to take your first home pregnancy test.

271 - 280 of 286 Replies | Last Page

Hi everyone!! I know you all have been talking for awhile now..... but I just got started on clomid myself for the first time. I have a lot of questions about it and some fears! I have been ttc for about 1 yr. 1/2 now and I am 35; dh is 40. We are ttc for #1. I just O'd this month and just had an hsg before that. Everything was good so I have undiagnosed infertility. Next cycle we are starting clomid. Any advice; expereinces????? Any info will help ease my mind some. I will go back and reread some of your posts and see what you have said in the past but if you laides have any input please share .........

thanks,

Carolyn

13 years ago

LOVE the pics Aisha! No confusing those ones!

Here's to hoping I can join you in the club soon!

13 years ago

Hi Carolyn!

Melissa-37, lost rt tube DH-36, MFI - low morph DD-7, conceived naturally after 26 cycles --- TTC#2 since 2006 IUI's in April, May, December 2011 - ALL BFN IUI#4-100mg clomid - Feb/12 BFP Ectopic pg ended March 2/12 IUI#5-100mg clomid - May/12 BFN IUI#6-100mg clomid - June/12 BFP Chemical pg IUI#7-100mg clomid - Sept/12 BFN IUI#8-100mg clomid - Oct/12 BFP Chemical pg IUI#9- 5mg femara - Jan/13 BFN IUI#10-100mg clomid - Mar/13 BFN Counting down to our IVF in September! But wait...SURPRISE!! Aug/13- Natural, miracle for the second time while waiting for a treatment cycle to begin.

13 years ago

Oh yeah! Hi Carolyn!

Everyone responds to clomid differently, but I can tell you my experience with it so far....

After about 9 months ttc and 1 early miscarriage, I started clomid to treat low progesterone, irregular ovulation and luteal phase defect. I ovulated late on the clomid (CD 21) which is very normal. Clomid will usually make you ovulate later in your cycle. (I took 50 mg CD 5-9). The clomid lengthened my luteal phase from about 8-10 days to 13 days which was great! I had a horrible migraine for the several days leading up to ovulation and some pretty bad pain in my right ovary which I later found out via ultrasound was 2 cysts. Needless to say I have been off the clomid for about 6 weeks but the cysts have healed and I can start it again next month if need be.

Something amazing I've noticed is that (I'm on my second cycle since taking clomid) my cycles are more regular now even not taking the clomid! I ovulated around day 13-15 last month and ovulated on day 15 this month! Its like the clomid pushed a "restart" button on my reproductive system! Before clomid I would ovulate any time between days 18 and 35 - quite a range! I hope I continue to be this regular from now on if I don't get a BFP this month!

Good luck! I hope you find the side effects are minimal for you! Even though I haven't conceived yet, I am pleased with what it has done with my cycles!

13 years ago

Hi Carolyn

I thought I would share too. I was put on clomid because I had been of bc for about 8 months and was having very long cycles - lanywhere from 35 - 90 days. My Dr put me on to help regulate my cycles. I was put on 50mg CD 5 - 9.

My first cycle was 31 days and I o'd on day 19. During my second cycle I o'd on CD19 again. I got pregnant that cycle but m/c at 5 weeks. Because it was such an early m/c, my dr said I could try again right away. This is my 3rd cycle and I o'd cd 20. I am on cd 23 today so we will see how this month goes (I hear 3rd time a charm for clomid ).

If I am not preggers this month, I am going up to 100 mg and getting a hsg. Because I got preggers already on clomid my dr thinks all is fine but he offered the hsg to me so I thought why not?! Hopefully I wont need to go because I will get a again this month.

Clomid hasn't had many side effects for me other than night time hot flashes. ALl and all I really think it is a good medicine so far and I feel lucky that my dr has put me on it. I hope you have a good experience too

User Image

13 years ago • Post starter

Hi ladies! Thanks again for all the support!

I definitely don't want to leave!!!!! I love you ladies and I want to stick around until we all have big pregnant bellies!

Suzy- starting it a day only won't hurt!

Shea- glad you are feeling better!

Maragaret- Thanks love!

Melissa- Thanks!!!!!!

Victoria- Thanks! I'm hoping too that this clomid club will soon be a BFP club!

Carolyn- I only took clomid one cycle and it definitely made my temps more regular and it made me O which was a first in my whole life. Even though I couldn't take it this cycle, I think making me O one time may have given my body the push it needed to O on its own. But if I hadn't gotten a bfp, I would have gone back on clomid because I much preferred Oing on CD 16 than CD 34! I really didn't have any major side effects from it, just some night sweats and drier cm so I would recommend getting some preseed.

I'm officially announcing this as the end of this thread. We can now be found at Clomid Buddies!

User Image User Image User Image

13 years ago

So who is starting a new thread!! I agree this one is not loading right for me anyways..

cd 6 day 2 of clomid round 2 takiing at night...

Suzy TTC#1 Yayy for Ovulation

13 years ago

Melissa-37, lost rt tube DH-36, MFI - low morph DD-7, conceived naturally after 26 cycles --- TTC#2 since 2006 IUI's in April, May, December 2011 - ALL BFN IUI#4-100mg clomid - Feb/12 BFP Ectopic pg ended March 2/12 IUI#5-100mg clomid - May/12 BFN IUI#6-100mg clomid - June/12 BFP Chemical pg IUI#7-100mg clomid - Sept/12 BFN IUI#8-100mg clomid - Oct/12 BFP Chemical pg IUI#9- 5mg femara - Jan/13 BFN IUI#10-100mg clomid - Mar/13 BFN Counting down to our IVF in September! But wait...SURPRISE!! Aug/13- Natural, miracle for the second time while waiting for a treatment cycle to begin.

13 years ago

Hi everyone!

I had my HSG test today and my tubes are 100% clear! I finished my first round of Clomid 50mg on Tuesday 6/14.

Hubby goes for his SA next week. We have been TTC for 5 years, I really hope this is the end to a very long journey.

PS - What does DPO mean? I am new to all of this. I know this thread is for BFP...I hope to have mine soon.

Baby Dust to all!!!

Me - Anovulatin

DH - TBD

TTC for 5 Years unmedicated

First round of Clomid ended on Tuesday

50mg Days 3-7

12 years ago

Hi Kim!!

Glad you hear your HSG went well. I had one a few weeks ago and they suck!!!

DPO - days past ovulation. I know - so many terms. You will catch on quick though.

We have actually continued this group in another spot. Please join us. It is an AMAZING group of ladies!!!!Here it is:

http://www.countdowntopregnancy.com/forum/post.php?postid=3212

User Image

12 years ago • Post starter

Early pregnancy symptoms by day past ovulation

What signs and symptoms are most common on each day past ovulation?

Advertisement

Pregnancy test statistics

Select your day past ovulation to see the statistics and to get an understanding of what result you can expect.

Select your day past ovulation
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo