Community post

Discussion

Anyone else taking Clomid for the first time?

View Full Post

Hi Everyone. I am on cycle day 23 today and I believe I am 4 days past ovulation (though my OPKs have said I am ovulating every day for the last 4 days).
This is my first cycle taking Clomid (days 5 - 9) as my Dr. says I have very mild PCOS. I read on here so many other things that girls taking Clomid are doing but I was given the pills and told to take it every day from 5 -9 and start BDing every day 9 - 16. Because my OPKs didn't show a positive, my hubby and I kept BDing every day until yesterday when I finally decided that we both really needed a break!
I feel like I have done everything I can this month - Clomid, Robitussin, Preseed, tried 13 days in a row and Instead cup. I really hope everything works.
If any one has any Clomid tips, suggestions, knowledge, and especially success stories, I would love to hear them!!
Thanks!!!

User Image

286 Replies • 13 years ago

Advertisement

Pregnancy test calculator

Use this calculator to help you decide when to take your first home pregnancy test.

101 - 110 of 286 Replies | Last Page

Yep is at full force now. I am in a fowl mood only b/c I have such horrible cramps and I'm exhausted! I've been taking a break from moving today and just relaxing. I need it! Hubby brought home some pizza for lunch in attempts to keep the witch at bay....

So, chasteberry supplements huh? I've heard from others about it and was thinking of trying it since I have totally whacked hormones due to my lpd. Have you heard anything about Vitex? Is that the same thing? I heard similar things about that. I might look into some more supplements as well. I do take B vitamins and they do seem to help a little bit too but not significantly. I will continue to take those as well.

Yes, hopefully we didn't scare you away Lindsey! We are fun girls! Just possessed when is here!

13 years ago

Yep! Vitex and chasteberry are the same thing (the vitex is the actual chemical from the chasteberry I believe).

I looked it up in one of my med school text books and there was a lot about it so it isn't a bogus herbal supplement. I'm pretty careful with herbals since they often aren't FDA approved and hence aren't as carefully studied. Just because something is natural doesn't mean it's safe for pregnancy!

I know they say not to use vitex when using clomid because the interact with each other. Maybe the vitex will work just as well for you as the clomid did and you won't need to go back on it?!

FYI this was the best price I found http://www.walgreens.com/store/c/nature's-way-vitex-fruit-400-mg-dietary-supplement-capsules/ID=prod6037572-product

I decided to get this one as opposed to the combined vitex-prenatal supplements because I didn't think the combined ones actually had enough folic acid and iron in them and I was afraid taking them with my prenatals could give me too much iron. So I will just keep my supplements separate.

Anyway, my doc called finally. Really she said she couldn't give me more information until after I get an MRI. With that said I think this month I will be more ntnp than ttc until I figure out what comes next...

And yes, we are possessed by the witch! And it's funny the stuff our dh's do to keep us calm

User Image User Image User Image

13 years ago

Hey girls!! You guys definitely didn't scare me away! Haha. I'm not to nice either when AF visits! I think we get our hopes up ( even though I say I won't ) and then just like tha the Ruins them!

Is the chasteberry only good for lowering the prolactin or does it get other hormones in line too?

I have not been monitoring my temp. Is it too late to start on this cycle?

So I don't know if you girls do this but I love to go to stores just to look at the baby stuff. I of course drag the DH along. So I went to toys r us and spent like an hour just in the baby section. Am I weird? I just love planning what the future baby will have. ( hopefully near future ) but then I'm sad when I leave because reality sets in that I don't have a baby nor one on the way ! Oh well I still love love love to look at all of it!

13 years ago

HI Girls,

Aisha I am CD14 today. So we are in teh BDing stage. This month we are going to BD everyone day instead of everyday. It was just too much for us last month. I am hoping hte relaxed appraoch works a little better. No sign of O yet - probably around day 19 again.

I feel bad for both you and Victoria that AF arrived. LAME! I totally understand the grumpiness. I was there 14 days ago! Grrr.

Lindsey, I don't think you are weird with doing that. My sister in law is a big believer in surrounding yourself with things you want in life to make them happen. She is actually sending me a pair of boy baby socks and girl baby socks to put under my pillow. She is so cute. I think she really wants to be an auntie. Hopefully your time spent in baby stores will tell your body that it is baby time!!!

User Image

13 years ago • Post starter

Thanks margaret! I'm glad you dont think I am weird. I just love baby stuff! Hehe I think that is such a cute idea about the socks! So sweet! I hope being around all this baby stuff will put my body in baby mode. Haha...

My family is definitely ready for some babies to be crawling around. My mom has had a baby blanket made for 2 years...no pressure...ha yeah right! She tells me all the time she needs a grand baby.

Victoria and Aisha I hope AF has eased up some!

13 years ago

Lindsey- No I don't think it's weird either. I can't go near a department store without looking at the baby stuff, but then I get sad too.

My mom really wants to be a grandmother! It's just me and my sister, and my sis and her husband are not in a place financially to have kids. He has children from a previous marriage but we barely see them. I have a stepson that I am really close to and my mother loves him dearly, but he's already ten and she wants a baby (as do I).

Chasteberry is supposed to help with all the female hormones in general if the problems are just minor but you should definitely NOT use it while using clomid!!!! The effects of the two combined is too strong. It's actually on the warning labels for clomid not to use it with chasteberry.

I would go ahead and start charting. It's too early for you to have Oed and charting can help you later confirm that it happened.

Margaret- yeah BDing daily can get tiring. My dh and I did two days on, one day off last time. Of course, I'm not pg so I can't say it worked! LOL Have fun and happy

13 years ago

Hi Ladies

Sorry for being MIA for a while...we've been moving and this is baby shower hosting weekend! Crazy buzy!

Lindsey - I look at baby stuff online so much Amazon sends me emails about all the latest and greatest baby gear simply from my viewing history! LOL! I have laid off a little since we've been TTC for so long but in the beginning I looked at the stuff all the time! I'm saying that's totally normal!

Aisha - I'm not going to take the chasteberry this cycle only b/c I read that it CAN cause problems with hyperstimulation which is what I'm trying to recover from....Clomid = 2 cysts. Don't want to mess with the healing process even though it would probably be fine....I'm just paranoid.

Margaret - I agree. Every other day for me this cycle too! Every day is waaayyy too stressful and obviously doesn't ensure pregnancy anyway. How is your monitor going? Do you think its working?

BTW.... is waaayyy lighter than normal this cycle. I'm on CD 3 and already just spotting. Did this happen to any of you?

13 years ago

Hello Ladies !
I am on CD 11 and feeling the effects of the Clomid ... REALLY horny and lots of CM processing

they say that taking Mucinex helps with the CM if it gets overly heavy .... but i don't want to if i can help it ...
The water bloating is alot higher at this time as well ... no matter what every morning when i wake up i look at myself before the mirror and go OMG

Does anyone know how many months you can take Clomid ???

And does Progesterone help with implantation ????
I feel like i get there but then it just doesn't stick.... what can help with that ???

13 years ago

Victoria- yeah that is probably a good idea with your cyst. I'm sure there is still a slightly higher risk of twins for me, but not as high as with clomid so I will take the risk since I'm not sure if I can ovulate on my own. My period has actually been heavier than ever but this is also the first time I've had a period since coming off birth control and it's been over three months since I had one. One other time back when I was on the pill I didn't get a period for three months as well and when I did get it i was extremely heavy and painful like this one, despite birthcontrol.

Mooelanie- Progesterone can help them stick! It keeps your uterus from shedding it's lining. So glad you have CM! I actually got dry while on clomid and had to use preseed. Good luck!!!!

13 years ago

i start the BD tomorrow ! I should O on Wednesday to do my IUI ! this is #2 on the IUI
and we are more possitive this time.

I really hope i drop from the right side this time and not the left ... my left doesn't do as well due to old damage.

Should i start taking progesterone before O or after ?? i guess i need to call my doctor and see what she sais !

i get all the symptoms and the pinching and lots of signs and then AF kicks my butt ... she said my utuerus looked healthy but maybe that will help ?

I guess its back to the TWW this coming week !

To all you ladies ! and it really sounds like we should have some 's

13 years ago

Early pregnancy symptoms by day past ovulation

What signs and symptoms are most common on each day past ovulation?

Advertisement

Pregnancy test statistics

Select your day past ovulation to see the statistics and to get an understanding of what result you can expect.

Select your day past ovulation
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo