Community post

Discussion

Anyone else taking Clomid for the first time?

View Full Post

Hi Everyone. I am on cycle day 23 today and I believe I am 4 days past ovulation (though my OPKs have said I am ovulating every day for the last 4 days).
This is my first cycle taking Clomid (days 5 - 9) as my Dr. says I have very mild PCOS. I read on here so many other things that girls taking Clomid are doing but I was given the pills and told to take it every day from 5 -9 and start BDing every day 9 - 16. Because my OPKs didn't show a positive, my hubby and I kept BDing every day until yesterday when I finally decided that we both really needed a break!
I feel like I have done everything I can this month - Clomid, Robitussin, Preseed, tried 13 days in a row and Instead cup. I really hope everything works.
If any one has any Clomid tips, suggestions, knowledge, and especially success stories, I would love to hear them!!
Thanks!!!

User Image

286 Replies • 13 years ago

Advertisement

Pregnancy test calculator

Use this calculator to help you decide when to take your first home pregnancy test.

141 - 150 of 286 Replies | Last Page

Hi Girlies,

I hope everyone had a great weekend.

Victoria - you never know! Fingers crossed for you. What CD are you now?

Lindsey - I'm sorry that you have to go on a higher dose of clomid. are you going up to 100mg? I agree that you could O later like day 21. I O on CD19 on clomid.... Good for you with the retail therapy. I want to go shopping!!!

Aisha - you are so freakin funny! That is so awesome about the fedex guy!!! I love it. When do you find out if you go back on clomid? Will it be the same dose?

As for me, it is 13DPO today. My fertility monitor has been telling me to check for the last couple days, so I finally broke down and checked today. I did a OPK test as well as a HGT because my cousin said that when she first checked, the opk test was way darker then the HGT test. Has anyone else heard of that??? Anyways, the OPK test was as dark as the control line and the HGT test was negative with maybe a very faint line.....maybe. It could totally be my mind playing tricks on me. Today is CD32 for me. Last month I got my period on this day, so we will see what happens today. I am starting to feel crampy...

User Image

13 years ago • Post starter

Hi Ladies!

Margaret - YES! I know exactly what you're talking about with the OPKs! I tested dark positive on an OPK when I was prego last December. I tested the next morning with an internet cheapie, first response, and a digital test (11 DPO) and got all positives. If both lines are the same on your OPK I am super optimistic! Even if you're crampy! I will keep for you!!! Keep us posted! I am on CD 21 today. Not sure if I've ovulated or not since I'm not temping. I feel kind of weird not knowing what my body's doing but its kind of fun as well!

Aisha & Lindsey - How are you girls doing?

13 years ago

Thanks for the positive thoughts Victoria!! I took a HPT test this morning and I posted the image on the HPT gallery. Can you have a look and let me know what you think?

Ya that is kind of fun not knowing. Just keep bding and hopefully it will just happen!!!

User Image

I looked on the image gallery and I couldn't find your name attached to any of the unsures........were you the dollar store test with the arrow??????? If so thats for SURE a BFP!!! Let me know!!!!

13 years ago

Opps! I thought it showed my name. Ya that is mine with the 2 arrows. You think it is BFP?

I am so nervous - my palms are sweating!

User Image

Oh my gosh Margaret!!!!!!! I SAW A LINE!!!!!!

Looks like a to me!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

We have our first clomid bfp!!!!!

User Image User Image User Image

13 years ago

Margaret -
!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

13 years ago

Are you freakin' serious?????????????????? Ahhhhhhh. My hubby and I haven't told a soul yet (beside you girls of course). I think I am going to go get some "First Grandchild" photo frames tonight and put a little thing in it that says "Baby O'Connor Arriving Dec 2011". Then give them to our parents. What do you think?

Btw - Can I still be part of our little group??? I need you girls!!!! I am so scared.

Victoria I heard how you are, but how are you Aisha? BTW I love your new thread. I feel all those same things about other girls that are preggers...oh no! DO you feel that about me??? Eek!

User Image

YES! WE NEED YOU TOO!!!!

LOVE the idea about the frame! Are you going to wait a bit to tell people or tell them right away? This is just sooooooo exciting!!!!!

I DO NOT feel "that way" about you! We've all been through way too much to be nothing but elated! You deserve this my friend!!!! Doing a victory(a) (haha!) dance for you now!!!

13 years ago

Thanks Victoria! You are so sweet!!!!

I'm not sure what we are going to do. We will tell our parents soon, but not sure about everyone else. It doesn't feel like it is real because I don't have any symptoms. NONE. My first step I guess is to go to my gyno to see if it is multiples (because of the chance higher chance with clomid). That appointment is April 28th. I would like to keep it a secret for a little bit but so many people know we are trying so I would have to lie and I feel so horrible lying so..... what do you think??? My cousin alsready asked if I got my period because she knows I was due. I haven't written her back yet....what to do????

Thank you again for your support. Hopefully I will have a darker line on the test tomorrow and feel a bit better about the results. I think I will go buy a first response test tonight as well... are they the best ones?

User Image

Early pregnancy symptoms by day past ovulation

What signs and symptoms are most common on each day past ovulation?

Advertisement

Pregnancy test statistics

Select your day past ovulation to see the statistics and to get an understanding of what result you can expect.

Select your day past ovulation
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo