Community post

Discussion

Anyone else taking Clomid for the first time?

View Full Post

Hi Everyone. I am on cycle day 23 today and I believe I am 4 days past ovulation (though my OPKs have said I am ovulating every day for the last 4 days).
This is my first cycle taking Clomid (days 5 - 9) as my Dr. says I have very mild PCOS. I read on here so many other things that girls taking Clomid are doing but I was given the pills and told to take it every day from 5 -9 and start BDing every day 9 - 16. Because my OPKs didn't show a positive, my hubby and I kept BDing every day until yesterday when I finally decided that we both really needed a break!
I feel like I have done everything I can this month - Clomid, Robitussin, Preseed, tried 13 days in a row and Instead cup. I really hope everything works.
If any one has any Clomid tips, suggestions, knowledge, and especially success stories, I would love to hear them!!
Thanks!!!

User Image

286 Replies • 13 years ago

Advertisement

Pregnancy test calculator

Use this calculator to help you decide when to take your first home pregnancy test.

151 - 160 of 286 Replies | Last Page

MARGARET!!!!!

EEEEE NO I AM SO FREAKING HAPPY FOR YOU!!!!!!!! I hope you didn't take my post to be negative about you!!!! Since you have struggled to, I know you know how it feels!!!!! Your bfp gives me hope for mine! Yes, if I am to be honest I am very jealous of you and wish I had a bfp, but I'm glad you got yours!!!! (If you were a crackwhore on your 8th baby it would be a different story ) Really, I am very happy for you!!!!! Please enjoy this time for yourself and don't worry about the rest of us!!!

And of course you are welcome to stay in our little group!!!! We will be here for all nine months with each other!!!!!

Again I really hope I didn't upset you!!! I wish you all the best!!!!!

User Image User Image User Image

13 years ago

Aisha! No I was joking!!! . I am so happy for your support. And I am happy that there is proof that this clomid drug works. I hope soooooo much we are celebrating each of your BFP later this month or next.

Thanks for letting me stick around with you guys. I would be so sad if I couldn't.....

Oh and don't worry - not a crack whore and no babies of my own.....hahaha.

And I am still going to read about the stories of the infertile woman because I still can totally relate to everyone. I LOVE that thread!

User Image

13 years ago • Post starter

Margaret- I'm glad you like my thread Plus it's nice to know that someone who has struggled and had to go on clomid got a happy ending on only their second round!!!!!

I think all the ladies on this thread will have bfps within the next month. You've given me hope

13 years ago

Hi Margaret!

How are you doing today!!?? Did you take any more tests?

I would just ignore your cousin or say, "no news yet" which is very vague but also very honest. I might wait until your first appointment to tell anyone but it might be hard to wait so whatever you want to do and feel comfortable with is just fine! So excited for you!!!

13 years ago

Morning Girls.

I am going to put up my test from this morning in a second. It is a clearblue one so a bit better. I think it is a pretty strong positive.

Thank you for all your support. I am still terrified! I read our thread to my hubby last night and he thinks you guys are all just so sweet and nice!

I was thinking last night and I wanted to tell you again that I have NO symptoms! None! Just keep that in mind for each of you because I was feeling totally out this month - I still do feel that way!

So a friend told me this morning that she is 6 weeks preggers! Yippee for her - but it took me everything in my power to not say I was....is that really bad that she told me and I didn't tell her? I think it is ok???!?!

Victoria - That's exactly what I said to my cousin! Thanks for the tip! How are you doing today? Feeling "O" ish?

Aisha - what is the scoop with you? Update please!!!!!

User Image

Margaret

I just looked at your clearblue test and its totally a BFP!!!! What might be fun is to get one of those digital tests. Thats what I did when I just "couldn't believe it" (m/c cycle) and sure enough the word "pregnant" appeared. Just something fun to have that you can take pictures of!

I had some EWCM CD 12-14 and now am seeing some more today. That is pretty typical for me to have fertile patches. The only other thing this month is I feel very fat and bloated. Not sure if it is a residual reaction to the clomid from last month or just the fact that I've gained weight..... I really need to lose a few as I went from 130 to 155 in just over 2 years....yikes! This stress is making me eat way too much!

13 years ago

Good Idea about the digital test Victoria!

So you are off clomid this month so we aren't sure when O day will be? Hopefully it will be earlier...you better get bedding!

User Image

I'm in a rush right now so I will write more later (maybe tomorrow, today is getting crazy)

I haven't really updated because nothing is going on. I think I'm on CD22 and still no sign I will O. Just waiting to see if I will even get a period. Pretty boring....

13 years ago

Hi ladies. Yesterday exhausted me. It's 3 PM here and I just woke up an hour ago (usually I wake up at 4 AM)!!!! I had to see a lot of patients yesterday then went to a super fun wedding party where I danced for hours.

I really don't have any updates since my tests and temp show I haven't Oed yet. I've lost track of what day I'm on but AF is due in less then a week if my cycle were the same length as last time.

The only thing I can say is that I want a BFP so badly that I have started imagining symptoms even though I haven't Oed and I only BDed twice this cycle and that was only a few days after the witch left! I also know there are more probable causes of the symptoms I am feeling right now. I'm a TTC nutcase!!!

Victoria- Can I recommend taking a bellydance class as part of a weight loss plan? It's loads of fun plus its perfect for TTC. Bellydance originally got started as something women would do together for fun and to strengthen their hips, backs, and abs for pregnancy! I like to think that doing it somehow will make me magically more fertile!!!

Margaret- how are you hanging in? Are you going nuts with excitement ? Did you get the digi? Any symptoms yet? Thanks for letting us know you had no symptoms because it's so easy to forget that some women don't and that in itself can be a symptom. Do you have a doc's appointment scheduled yet?

13 years ago

Hi Aisha,

Well I hope that your symptoms are actually symptoms. I guess you never know!!!

Belly dancing sounds fun. I want to go!!!!

Well today has been a worldwind of emotions for me. I have noticed some brown spotting today that has made me super worried. I called my gyno so that I could just get told everything is fine - but instead they are sending me for an ultrasound on Wednesday. It worries me that they are doing that. I just wanted them to say it is normal. Anyways now I am super stresses. I know everything we read says it is normal but what do you all think???

User Image

Early pregnancy symptoms by day past ovulation

What signs and symptoms are most common on each day past ovulation?

Advertisement

Pregnancy test statistics

Select your day past ovulation to see the statistics and to get an understanding of what result you can expect.

Select your day past ovulation
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo