Community post

Discussion

Anyone else taking Clomid for the first time?

View Full Post

Hi Everyone. I am on cycle day 23 today and I believe I am 4 days past ovulation (though my OPKs have said I am ovulating every day for the last 4 days).
This is my first cycle taking Clomid (days 5 - 9) as my Dr. says I have very mild PCOS. I read on here so many other things that girls taking Clomid are doing but I was given the pills and told to take it every day from 5 -9 and start BDing every day 9 - 16. Because my OPKs didn't show a positive, my hubby and I kept BDing every day until yesterday when I finally decided that we both really needed a break!
I feel like I have done everything I can this month - Clomid, Robitussin, Preseed, tried 13 days in a row and Instead cup. I really hope everything works.
If any one has any Clomid tips, suggestions, knowledge, and especially success stories, I would love to hear them!!
Thanks!!!

User Image

286 Replies • 13 years ago

Advertisement

Pregnancy test calculator

Use this calculator to help you decide when to take your first home pregnancy test.

251 - 260 of 286 Replies | Last Page

Morning Aylin,

There are tons of great threads on here but I reall like this one as we are all kind of up against the same things. Welcome!

User Image

13 years ago • Post starter

I love it Aisha!!!!! Those names fit perfectly!!

I am so EXCITED!! Sometimes I wish we all knew each other in person so I could jump up and down for you with you!!!!

13 years ago

I am sooo impatient today. I want to start my Clomid now! I am supposed to start on Saturday, which is cd 5. I want to start it now! Why do some doctors have you take it cd 5-9 and others have women take it cd 3-7?

I am having the worst period that I have had since I stopped my birth control. The cramps are horrible. Maybe this is a good sign. I saw that some of the girls were talking to their ovaries and uterus thus cycle, so I am trying it too. Hey, whatever works!

Again, congrats Aisha!

*~* Rachel *~* Lilypie Trying to Conceive Event tickers Daisypath Anniversary tickers

13 years ago

Hey Rachel! I know what you mean. I felt that way when I took it this month too. They say to count day one as when you get a full period (not just spotting). Last month and this month I started by counting spotting day as day one - just couldn't wait! I got preggers last month but m/c early. I think you are find to start a day early....but I'm not a dr!

User Image

13 years ago • Post starter

well ladies its back to CD1 for me. i feel tons better since i let out all my negative feelings on the wonderful thread Aisha started. im still debating on doing the soy again this time on cd 3-7. what do you ladies think???

hopefully we can all follow in Aisha's footsteps and get BFPs soon. and i love the names Aisha so cute!

Shea

Shea Soy Cycle1- Soy Cycle2- Soy Cycle3- "For nothing is impossible with God" Luke 1:37

13 years ago

Oh and welcome aylin!!!! this is a wonderful forum to be on!!!!

Shea Soy Cycle1- Soy Cycle2- Soy Cycle3- "For nothing is impossible with God" Luke 1:37

13 years ago

Welcome Aylin and all other newcomers! This thread is the best! :)

Aisha - Any NEW pics yet!? I'm soooooo excited for you but definitely a bit jealous!

Rachel - I asked my doctor the same questions about 3-7 vs. 5-9 and she said she prescribes 5-9 b/c that is how she was trained. From further research I have gathered that 3-7 gets you more follicles, 5-9 gets you less but more mature follicles. My doc told me to count CD 1 as the first day of ANY blood (including spotting) so some variation in the day you start clomid is ok.

Margaret - Where are you in your cycle? I feel like I've been MIA for a while and totally out of the loop!

AFM - I am 3 DPO (I ovulated on CD 15 without clomid!) We did BD on both CD 14 and 15 but I got up right after so not sure what my chances are. I went to the doctor today and my cysts have cleared up!!! YAY! My doctor says I can resume the clomid next cycle!

13 years ago

Aylin, I have to say that I love your name! It was actually on my short, short list for my daughter. She ended up becoming Chaylyn instead. :)

Shea, I definitely think you should do the soy again. *hugs* on CD1.

AFM, I'm supposed to start opk's on Sunday, but my CM is already changing, so I'm going to start them tomorrow instead. I'd rather waste two tests than waste our IUI deposit. :)

I think the epo pills really do work, especially since clomid is supposed to dry up CM. I usually have good CM, but (tmi) I've got tons the last few days. The epo, flaxseed oil and clomid are the only new things for me this cycle, so must be something in that combo.

Melissa-37, lost rt tube DH-36, MFI - low morph DD-7, conceived naturally after 26 cycles --- TTC#2 since 2006 IUI's in April, May, December 2011 - ALL BFN IUI#4-100mg clomid - Feb/12 BFP Ectopic pg ended March 2/12 IUI#5-100mg clomid - May/12 BFN IUI#6-100mg clomid - June/12 BFP Chemical pg IUI#7-100mg clomid - Sept/12 BFN IUI#8-100mg clomid - Oct/12 BFP Chemical pg IUI#9- 5mg femara - Jan/13 BFN IUI#10-100mg clomid - Mar/13 BFN Counting down to our IVF in September! But wait...SURPRISE!! Aug/13- Natural, miracle for the second time while waiting for a treatment cycle to begin.

13 years ago

Victoria im so happy for you! you have been getting tons of great news lately. and hopefully you wont need the clomid next cycle!!!!

lisser- im keeping my fingers crossd and praying super hard that this is your month. i know we are in about the same boat so hopefully we can finally get our BFP this cycle.

AFM i went ahead and bought some more soy it seems to be working and im going to start that either 3-7 or 5-9 idk which one will be best.

13 years ago

Thanks ladies! I was too anxious today to post any new pics but maybe I can get one tomorrow (though I doubt it since I have an exam in the morning). Right now I'm terrified I will lose this baby. I don't want to tell anyone not on this website because I'm so terrified I will miscarry!

Aylin- Welcome!

Rachel- I talked to my ovaries, uterus, and from O day on I talked to the potential zygote trying to encourage it to dig in there!

Shea- I'm so sorry you are on cd1. I really hope you and all the other ladies get sticky bfps this cycle. I know how heart breaking it is when AF comes, and frankly I'm still scared she will come for me.

Victoria- Thanks hun. I wish we all had bfps! But I think this thread is going to be a lucky one!

Margaret- that this third round will be your magical round!

Everyone I didn't respond to, thank you again for your congrats and warm wishes. I'm exhausted and have exams tomorrow, but I will try to respond after.

User Image User Image User Image

13 years ago

Early pregnancy symptoms by day past ovulation

What signs and symptoms are most common on each day past ovulation?

Advertisement

Pregnancy test statistics

Select your day past ovulation to see the statistics and to get an understanding of what result you can expect.

Select your day past ovulation
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo