Community post

Discussion

Anyone else taking Clomid for the first time?

View Full Post

Hi Everyone. I am on cycle day 23 today and I believe I am 4 days past ovulation (though my OPKs have said I am ovulating every day for the last 4 days).
This is my first cycle taking Clomid (days 5 - 9) as my Dr. says I have very mild PCOS. I read on here so many other things that girls taking Clomid are doing but I was given the pills and told to take it every day from 5 -9 and start BDing every day 9 - 16. Because my OPKs didn't show a positive, my hubby and I kept BDing every day until yesterday when I finally decided that we both really needed a break!
I feel like I have done everything I can this month - Clomid, Robitussin, Preseed, tried 13 days in a row and Instead cup. I really hope everything works.
If any one has any Clomid tips, suggestions, knowledge, and especially success stories, I would love to hear them!!
Thanks!!!

User Image

286 Replies • 13 years ago

Advertisement

Pregnancy test calculator

Use this calculator to help you decide when to take your first home pregnancy test.

131 - 140 of 286 Replies | Last Page

I know right?! It's terrible!!! I'm not sure how to fix the problem either. I know we've discussed healthcare in the US versus Canada on here before and I'm just not sure what the best solution is...

User Image User Image User Image

13 years ago

Aww Aisha...that just sucks! But wooo hooo for you for being so proactive! I think corruption occurs everywhere so I agree with you! There are bad people in every profession!

I am done temping this cycle. I have been sick for a couple days and now have completely lost my voice. I really just need a break this month.

13 years ago

Hey Girlies - just checking in to see how everyone is doing???

I am 9DPO. No symptoms to speak of. Boo. It is my hubby's bday today and would be a great gift to him if we got a BFP.

What stages are you guys at?

User Image

13 years ago • Post starter

Hi Margaret!

When are you going to test!!!??? I'll keep my fingers crossed for you! No symptoms is TOTALLY a symptom LOL!

I think I'm on CD 15 or 16. Not sure if I ovulated yet or not since I stopped temping but I had gobs of EWCM several days ago. But since I have laryngitis dh and I haven't really bd at all this month (oh once yesterday and once like a week ago) so chances are pretty slim for me this month. I'm ok with that though cause I just feel so ICKY right now. And I've missed 3 days of work! Ugh!

I'm sure the stress from the move and everything I've been going through has forced my body to be sick so I'll take a break....annoying!

P.S. Any of you ladies get really depressed while surfing facebook and seeing all your friends pregnancy announcements and/or baby pics???

13 years ago

Hi guys!

Margaret- YES! Victoria is right! No symptoms can be a symptom plus 9dpo is still super early. 84% of pregnancies implant between 8-10 dpo.

Victoria- Sorry you've been sick!! And the answer to your facebook question is YES!!! And then I feel bad/guilty about feeling that way. You should check out the thread I started called "Confessions of the Infertile Woman."

As for me, I'm cd17 today and thinking I may not O this month or if I do it will be a very long cycle. When I look at my temps, they look like they did before I was on clomid (check out my home page) and didn't O... I have a feeling I will be back on clomid in a few weeks...

13 years ago

Hey Victoria and Aisha,

Thanks for the positive thoughts. Today is 10 DPO and no new sypmtoms. I do feel out - but am trying to keep positive

Victoria - sorry you have been so sick. That is no fun. I wouldn't be surprised if you got preggers this month though - so many people get pregnant when they aren't trying!!!!

Aisha - What happens if you don't O. Will you still get a period? How have your cycles been before you were on clomid?

User Image

13 years ago • Post starter

Hi girls! Sorry I haven't replied lately. I have been super busy. I work night shift at the hospital and I work during the day at a gym...=exhausted!

So I went and had my blood work done on Wednesday. My doc called Friday to let me know my progesterone was lower than expected so she is upping my dose of clomid. She said it was still possible that I oed but I have a feeling I will be on another round of clomid next month. So I was very discouraged with this news. I went and had a retail therapy session!! I got a ton of cute spring/summer clothes!! So with all that behind me I am ready for AF and to start this new round and track my O better.

My DH has been doing some reading up and it is possible I hadn't even oed yet on day 21 because i had a 35 day cycle. But if that is the case we missed the egg bc we stopped BDing on day 20. So we know all this info for next cycle.

Hope everyone is doing well! If anyone has any input let me know!

13 years ago

Margaret- Any updates?

Victoria- I agree with Margaret. It would be great if you got pg this cycle!

Lindsey- Sorry you aren't sure about this cycle. I think Victoria Oed on CD21 so that's possible. If you don't get your bfp, at least you will be prepared for next cycle.

As for me, I don't think I will O. My charts look like my preclomid charts and my opks have started getting lighter without ever getting a positive. Before clomid, I only would get a period every three months or so and hence I don't even know if I will get a period this cycle. But I want it to be done so I can get back on clomid!!!

So just to share a funny story- I used to moonlight as a belly dance in college but I haven't done it for an audience other than my dh since I got married because I got busier and also I moved to a place where there isn't really a venue for that. But yesterday my friend, who is Arab, asked me to bellydance at her bridal shower this coming Wednesday. So yesterday I was dancing like crazy trying to get my hips stretched out again and come up with some choreography. Since I am so out of practice, I put on a costume to try to get an idea of how it all looked. Right then, the FedEx guy came to my door and I completely forgot what I was wearing until I saw his eyes bug out! I just played it cool like there was nothing out of the ordinary going on. He stuttered as he asked me to sign for the "package." I think all his fantasies may have come true in that moment

13 years ago

Aisha - That was great! I can so see that happening! Are you going to take provera to force a period?

Yes, it would be funny if I got preggers this cycle, but seeing as we haven't really bd much and I have no idea whats going on with my cycle, I don't think its likely.

13 years ago

Provera has never worked for me. I didn't even have regular periods when I was on the pill so I guess I don't respond to progesterone withdrawal like normal people. Last time when I started the clomid they just had me start it randomly and I called my first clomid day cd5. My endometrium wasn't thick so I didn't really need to shed it. We will see what they decide this cycle.

13 years ago

Early pregnancy symptoms by day past ovulation

What signs and symptoms are most common on each day past ovulation?

Advertisement

Pregnancy test statistics

Select your day past ovulation to see the statistics and to get an understanding of what result you can expect.

Select your day past ovulation
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo