Community post

Discussion

Ttc in 2016

View Full Post

Welcome to anyone trying to conceive in 2016. Let's hope this will be the year full of
Blizzards of baby dust to everyone xx

2177 Replies • 8 years ago

Advertisement

Pregnancy test calculator

Use this calculator to help you decide when to take your first home pregnancy test.

851 - 860 of 2177 Replies | Last Page

Evening ladies,

I see I missed all of the fun. Well I had to run some errands since I've been in the bed a lot over the past 3 days. CD20 and I have symptoms but it seems that I have symptoms every month so I can't really go by that. I actually expect a bfp when there are absolutely no symptoms.

Pink I am doing better today. Took some iron last night, went to sleep at 9pm up at 6:30am and back to sleep at 11am for a 2hr nap. Got really tired standing to chop carrots. But I went out to run errands and I was fine walking around.

Holly I don't dye my hair and I am taking a chinese herb from my acupuncturist, multi-vitamin Geritol, folic acid w/b6 & b12, and just started taking D3 5,000iui a day.

Kerzie never apologize for having to vent. Yes there are plenty of times when I want to disappear from my life and just get in the car and drive away. You should be gearing up to bd so hopefully you and dh make up or you can just take it!

Welcome Giggledust!

8 years ago

Good morning sweet ladies!!!! TOMORROW IS FRIDAY!!! WHAHOOOO!!!!
Kerzie-I live in the U.S.A. and I'm in Florida. Gonna be 90 degrees again today and high humidity. I live in a beautiful place, but it takes some getting used to! I'm from the West coast and weather there is a bit dry. SO, when I moved here my allergies were all freaked out! You can't go into the water here, due to alligators! Something I never had to deal with before!
39-I love my Vit. D3!!!! I had dry itchy scalp, depression, fatigue, etc. UNTIL I started Vit. D3 and NOW I feel sooooo much better! Aniakya you might consider taking Vit. D3! It couldn't hurt. I take it, even thought Florida is the sunshine state! I needed it even then! You might be deficient like I was. I'm on 1000 iu in morning and 1000 iu in the evening! I'm sleeping so soundly now too!
Hope everyone has a wonderful day!

8 years ago

Wow we are a busy wall at mo, hello all (8DPO)
39 good to hear, hope your feeling bit better, I always grab a handful of spinach from fridge on way out door to work to boost my iron, I take the tabs every day but they take so long to get into system and Ive always suffered with low iron especially during pregnancies so it gives an extra boost, lol you can just take it-I like that saying, supernips would probably like that haha
Kerzie, 39s right take it girl, you could dress up as a dominatrix for your man, that way he can get his rocks off and you can give him a good beating for being a pain in the backside , yes Im cool at mo thanks lovely, busy with extra work hours and 2 daughters birthdays coming up so taking my mind of tww, early days yet and no symptoms so if 39 is right thats a good sign, Im not so sure especially as I had so many last time I took clomid, temps up so far so good
Hang in there Ania, stress and the drugs take their toll on us inside and out, we all deserve a treat sometimes and as much as I like salad I couldnt eat every single day
Holly(Baby one) hope your ok hu, any sign of ov yet, has temp jumped up and stayed up??? I dont really have any family apart from my girls, I was always mega close to my mum, I saw her every day almost and admired her more then anyone else, she was so clever, inquisitive, wise and quick witted, oh and also a white witch but she got pancreatic cancer 6 years ago and my best friend was taken from me, shes still there in my dreams though and my faithful ole dog who lived to 23 years bless him
Welcome Giggles, you sound fun, glad you joined us keep us updated
Teacher keep us updated with any more news/tests, rooting for you to have the next
Baby where are you and how you doing?
Khanada you still with us, who have i forgotten, Shanta how you doing girl, ladies i have totally lost track and forgot where everyone is in their cycle, well some anyway, wishing all & -x-x-x-x-x-

8 years ago

Hey Pinkster!!! :-) Nope, no sign of OV yet.... My cervix is high and medium soft. I'm thinking this weekend! Sex drive is going up!! HA! LOl That usually is a good sign for me and a pinch in my ovary on my side! Had a pinch on my right side last month. I sent DH a brownie for lunch today with his normal salad...hee,hee Getting him ready for tonight !!!!!! Waiting for that !!!!!

8 years ago

BTW this new basal temp. thermometer works soo much better! I think my temps will be much more accurate! Seems to not be all over the place!

8 years ago

Hi, (CD11)

39. Lol I think as women we are good at just taking it at times, I have never been a morning person but men wake up ready, sometimes it seems a shame to waste it Have you ovulated?

Holly. Stop showing off!! I love the sun but live in Scotland so it doesn't blast me very often. I think I would put up with the occasional alligator in my pool (hey if I'm dreaming I have to have a pool) to have daily sunshine. Glad your new thermometer works but don't forget to use opk' s so you detect the lh surge and know exactly when to Have fun xx

Pink. Didn't know you can eat spinach raw, does it taste any better? Have only tried it as a cooked mush and yuk. I always need an iron boost after af. I like a bit of the dark side when so like the thought of being a dominatrix, could be fun.
I believe when you are asleep or about to go over is when we are most susceptible to communicating with the other side. My sister was a white witch when she was younger and could read the cards really accurate but something happened to scare her and she won't even talk about it now. I know she does a protective shield over her family every night now. I'm sorry she was taken from you so brutally.
So when are you going to start testing? I think that part of the tww is the worst, waiting to see, af or bfp? Hope yours is a

Afm. Neg opk but will start tonight so I don't miss the window before o day. I don't usually o until cd16/17 so it gives me the five days before. Thanks ladies for making me laugh

8 years ago • Post starter

Well you asked Kerzie! LOL And I have a 9ft and 6 ft alligator in my back lake! They killed a 800lb alligator here in Florida 2 weeks ago that kept eating cattle! SCARY!
Yes, I eat raw spinach everyday! I put it into my salad and feel better! I needed more iron too! I get organic and eat it raw just like lettuce. It actually tastes good! :-)
Well my DH got off work early and is on his way home now! Yippy!!! tonight!!!!

8 years ago

op'k are in the mail on their way!!! Will have to wait for them! UGH!

8 years ago

Holly. You go girl!!!!! Really must give raw spinach a try if it does that

Posted this article on my other thread and thought some ladies on here might find it useful.

Last weekend Boots the chemist began selling the SpermCheck Male Fertility Test (29.99). It's a home testing kit which allows men to test whether they have the a low or normal sperm count. The kit is as accurate as a lab test at identifying low or normal sperm count and it gives you clear results in the privacy of your own home in just 10 minutes. Before you try it, there's a few things you need to know...

1. The minimum sperm count required to get your partner pregnant is 20 million+ sperm per milliliter.

2. It takes 10 to 11 weeks for sperm to be produced, so making lifestyle changes now and testing your sperm in three months time will optimize your result.

3. Daily ejaculation encourages the production of newer healthier sperm and leads to a 12% drop in sperm DNA damage.

4. Male sperm counts decline with age. It takes a man over 45, five times longer to get his partner pregnant. Even older men who have very young wives (<25 years of age) take four times longer to impregnate their partners.

5. Research from Harvard School of Public Health confirms that eating certain vegetables and salads can improve sperm motility and sperm quality. Men who ate higher levels of beta-carotene, which is found in carrots, lettuce and spinach, and lutein, which is found in lettuce and spinach, had a 6.5% increase in sperm motility. Those who consumed higher levels of lycopene, which is found in tomatoes, had 1.7% improved sperm quality.

6. Research by Professor Jill Attaman from Harvard Medical School in Boston has linked a diet that is high in saturated fat to reduced sperm counts. In contrast, men who consumed more omega-3 fatty acids were found to have sperm with a more normal structure. Sardines, salmon, flax seeds and walnuts are excellent sources of omega-3 fatty acids and you might also want to add in an oral antioxidant such as vitamin E, L-carnitine, zinc or magnesium.

7. A meta analysis of existing research on male fertility found that couples were more likely to have a pregnancy, or live birth, if the man took certain vitamins or other antioxidants. Sperm count can be improved by a combination of zinc and folic acid. Low levels of vitamin C have been implicated in an abnormal sperm count.

8. Dehydration can also lead to reduced semen production. Semen is the watery fluid that protects and nourishes sperm cells and transports them during ejaculation. If there is not enough fluid, conception is less likely.

9. Keep cool. The testicles hang down from the body is so that they can maintain the cooler temperatures that are required for sperm production. Because it is not advisable to allow the testes to heat up by more than 1°C, long baths or Jacuzzis are not a good idea.

10. Nor is it a good idea to work with a laptop on your knee because the heat from the computer has been shown to increase scrotal temperature by 2.6°C within fifteen minutes. Rates of infertility among chefs are twice the UK average because of exposure to to intense heat and radiation from ovens.

Early pregnancy symptoms by day past ovulation

What signs and symptoms are most common on each day past ovulation?

Advertisement

Pregnancy test statistics

Select your day past ovulation to see the statistics and to get an understanding of what result you can expect.

Select your day past ovulation
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo