Community post

Discussion

40+ TTC in 2015

Hello,
I had to scroll through so many pages to find recent ladies who are TTC and decided to open a new thread for 2015. This should make it easier to find friends and buddies who are going through the same emotional roller coaster of TTC in their 40's.
Is it worth opening a new thread monthly to keep it current?
Would also like to wish everyone the best of luck, the more people that get a BFP gives the rest of us hope so please don't forget to post.
Baby dust to all ????

219 Replies • 8 years ago

Advertisement

Pregnancy test calculator

Use this calculator to help you decide when to take your first home pregnancy test.

1 - 10 of 219 Replies | Last Page

Hi, I'm new here and just getting my bearings. I'm a 43 yr old and I've been TTC for 3 months now. Had a chemical last month's cycle and I'm trying again. Hope I can hang out with you

8 years ago

Hi Pato2030,
Nice to meet you, would be great to talk to someone going through the same thing as me.
Sorry to hear about your chemical, they suck so much (the knowing it could have worked out different). Let's hope we both get good news soon :))
Feel free to msg me at any time and will get back to you.

8 years ago • Post starter

Hello, I'm 40 and just recently found out I'm PG. I have 2 other children (ages 17 and 8, yes I spaced my kids out in age, haha). I was previously pregnant in April and miscarried June 1st. Had my regular 1st cycle 7/20 and much to my surprised got pregnant immediately after. I'm not far along at all and noticed a big difference in my last pregnancy with this one, I have all the sickness feeling and constant bathroom visits throughout the middle of the night. I didn't have that earlier in the year when I was pg. Hoping this one will stick. I just turned 40 in March and don't feel the part, so the age doesn't really bother me :)

8 years ago

Hello all,
I'm in! Trying for my first at 44 1/2. Had an IUI Sat. I am looking forward to supporting each other! Good luck to all.

8 years ago

Hi all! I'm 40 and currently pregnant, around 4.5 weeks along , my other children are aged 23 and 21 and have two grandkids aged 3 and 1, I've had four previous early losses including an ectopic all around the 5-7 week mark and all within the last 18 months, am hoping this baby sticks as have the others! This time around the doctor won't give me hcg bloods so am relying on line progression on my frer tests every two days so far so good, any other pregnant 40+ Out there and how are you doing ? Sticky baby dust to all xx

8 years ago

Hello ladies,
I would like to join you. My husband and I have had 4 pregnancies in the last 12 months. The first a HUGE surprise last Oct after my 42nd birthday, ending in early miscarriage 6w4d (two days before grand baby was born) followed by 2 chemicals (Jan, May). I just tested positive 2 days ago @13dpo.
Trying not to get my hopes up but it's hard. Before that first miscarriage, i had only conceived once when i was 18(healthy baby). I really thought that was my one and only miracle child... and now all this ;)

I know the clock it ticking, but it's gotta happen eventually right?

Congrats Sari!!!

User Image

8 years ago

Hi everyone.
Sorry I've been off line for a few weeks but my son started school for the first time, didn't expect things to be so hectic. Who knew they would give daily homework from day one? Into a routine now so things are easier.

Kmac75 : Sorry to hear of your previous mc but on the flip side congrats on your BFP! It gives us "more mature" ladies hope to hear success stories.

Sari : Yikes, 4 losses! Thank goodness you got some good news after such a rough time. Congrats on your BFP!!

Talula : I'm also sorry to hear about the rough time you had. Thank goodness you got a turn of luck, congrats on your BFP!

Latetothegame : love ur sense of humour. I'm keeping my fingers crossed for you that the iui worked.

If the ladies that have their BFP have any hints or tips to share we would all appreciate it. As you get older the road to getting pregnant seems harder and bumpier than before so it's good wee can support each other whatever stage of the journey.
Please keep us all updated with how you are all getting on.

I'm 43 and TTC number two. I have been trying naturally for a year now and refuse to give up hope. I don't have problems ovulating but a couple of times implantation has occurred but it's not stuck. 3mths ago I started taking vitex until ovulation to try to extend my luteal phase and this month I've started pregnacare conception, evening primrose (until ovulation), fertile cm and baby aspirin. (Oh and I used soft ups after BD for few days before and until day of ovulation) I'm thinking of trying ova boost and preseed next month, anyone have any advice?
I never thought to do any research until a few months ago, I just assumed it would happen natural. I feel I wasted a lot of time due to being extremely naive.
Sticky baby dust to you all xx

Hi Kerzie,
No joy :( but thank you. I have another scheduled for tomorrow; quite a story. I wrote about it in another group here. It doesn't seem to be easy to cross post or view a user's other posts, so here is the link if you'd like to read: http://www.countdowntopregnancy.com/forum/post.php?p=428&postid=11906

Good luck to all of you!

8 years ago

We have been trying since August 2013, age 45+, with FSH injections cycles and IUIs, one miscarriage in January and 2 CPs in the last 5 months. Still hoping something will work out at some point. Best wishes and good luck to all!

8 years ago

Hello ????

Late: My goodness, just read what you went through and was totally outraged for you! To treat you like that must have knocked you sideways, we are at our most vulnerable when dealing with doctors which makes it so much worse. I would make an official complaint as no one should be treated like that and yes I would change to a different practice. I really hope the people dealing with your procedure today are a lot more empathetic and cover you in kindness, as we all know stress is not good for increasing your chances.
Keep me updated with how it went and I will keep my fingers crossed that you have a sticky wee bean in a week or two ????

Last page

Early pregnancy symptoms by day past ovulation

What signs and symptoms are most common on each day past ovulation?

Advertisement

Pregnancy test statistics

Select your day past ovulation to see the statistics and to get an understanding of what result you can expect.

Select your day past ovulation
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo