Community post

Discussion

Ttc in 2016

View Full Post

Welcome to anyone trying to conceive in 2016. Let's hope this will be the year full of
Blizzards of baby dust to everyone xx

2177 Replies • 8 years ago

Advertisement

Pregnancy test calculator

Use this calculator to help you decide when to take your first home pregnancy test.

91 - 100 of 2177 Replies | Last Page

Hi all,
Read a different thread titled egg vs sperm method and didnt have a clue what it was so looked it up. If anyone else is interested....

Here is your to-do list for the Sperm Meets Egg Plan (SMEP). You should decide to try SMEP within the first week of a new cycle. To get started, you may want to buy a nice calendar or print a calendar page from the internet. The first week of your cycle you will relax and get prepared. After that, it’s go time!

Cycle days 1-7

CD1 is your first day of full flow
Stock up on Ovulation Predictor Kits (OPKs)
Stock up on Pregnancy Tests
Mark start dates on your calendar:
CD8 = BD (“Baby Dance”/have intercourse/”try”) every other day until you receive a positive OPK (+OPK)
CD10 daily OPK tests

Cycle day 8
BD, and plan to BD every other day until +OPK
Cycle day 10

Start daily OPK testing until OPK turns positive
+OPK day

BD today, tomorrow, and the next day.
Skip a day and BD one more time.
Mark test day on your calendar: +OPK day + 15 = test day
If OPK never turns positive, BD every other day until your period (AF or “Aunt Flo/Flow”) arrives or until CD35
Test day (or CD35)

If AF has not arrived, take a home pregnancy test
First morning urine (FMU) does not always yield the best results, you may wish to try with your second morning urine (SMU) or an afternoon test after a 3-4 hour hold (no liquids)

8 years ago • Post starter

This is actually a really good plan kerzie. I need to restock on the ginseng lol

8 years ago

Hello baby makers,
Thank you guys for all the positive comments.????
I received a call from the nurse today with results from my progesterone test and I have indeed ovulated. So looks like I ovulated before yesterday. She told me it was way to early to test today and to test next Thursday. I have been peeing so much today and haven't drunk anything besides an ice coffee which was at 10:30 and water to to swallow my prenatal vitamin. Please keep me in your prayers guys. Definitely praying for baby girl D

8 years ago

Thats good news MrsDaniel & for your early dys yet my lovely -x-
Kerzie Im still taking the pregnacare vit tabs, got everything in them for conception and been taking them for over 2 moths now, still getting pos on OPKs but neg on pregnancy test thank goodness (that sounds weird but didnt want to be pregnant and taken Clomid after reading up on it phew) only cd9 at mo and finished taking clomid 3 days ago so spose its still in my system to be getting positives
Will try to BD every other night for a while now but really depends on DH, wont get the tea until Tuesday but at least I will have them for next month if I need them but will try the soft cups this time around been over 2 weeks now and still no sperm result, will try to phone the hospital again tom as doc not helping
Good luck HDC1977 hope your doing ok
Thank you for all your help & support ladies

8 years ago

Took an opk today and positive!!! CD11. Last month it was cd16 which was late for me (usually cd14 - then again I'm irregular). Kerzie do you think it's the viitex? I really hope I'm not doing more harm than good with it. Concerned it might be a little too early. What do you think?

Oh and btw - we only bd'ed cd9 and today. Guess not so bad but it would've been nice to throw another one in there yesterday

8 years ago

That sounds good jandei, doc said better to BD every other day rather then every day so , hope this is your time lovely -x-
Phoned hospital and will have to wait up to 6 weeks for sperm result, thats NHS for you, should be Bding now but DH doesnt feel like it, great

8 years ago

Hey ladies,

Got to talk to the obgyn, he was giving a presentation at my clinic today. He reccomends IP-6 and N-acetyl cystine, the supplements that he says he swears by. (didn't get to talk to him much! but i got his email :)) I'm going to do some more research and talk to my gp. I'll let ya'll know!

UPDATE: Just talked the the pharmacist I work with. (Brill man, had two doctorate degrees and working on the next) He said it won't hurt to try!!

8 years ago

UPDATE: Had my beta blood test done yesterday, and it confirmed I am 4 weeks pregnant with my first child! I am over the moon. Baby dust to all! Thank you for all the kind comments and well wishes, it means a lot :)

~Heather~

8 years ago

Good morning baby makers,
How is everyone doing today? Any BFP?

8 years ago

Congrats HDC1977, whoop whoop, have a healthy & very happy 9 Months

8 years ago

Early pregnancy symptoms by day past ovulation

What signs and symptoms are most common on each day past ovulation?

Advertisement

Pregnancy test statistics

Select your day past ovulation to see the statistics and to get an understanding of what result you can expect.

Select your day past ovulation
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo